2019 baby hope buddy group

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: 2019 baby hope buddy group

Postby MissChiffsManager » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Totally agree with you gals, this group is great <3

So I'm either spotting or starting menses 2 days late =/
MissChiffsManager
Friend

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Hello lovely ladies
BebeCK two follicles at 22 sounds great. Yeah I do think the doc used clomid to give you an extra egg to try and up your chances of catching an egg. Got my fx for Sunday's iui. Got everything crossed that this will lead to your bfp. Hope you had fun at your concert. It's awesome that you won tickets. Thanks I will let you know. First I have to take my tesol course, which I will probably start tomorrow, since I'm off from work. Hope you had a great Saturday and have an even better Sunday.
Catblue we love hanging through your journey. I always get a smile as I'm opening up this site to see who has updated. I don't know what I'll do if I don't have y'all to chat with, probably drive dh crazy, no doubt :rofl: I get such inspiration through chatting with both of my groups here, though one of the groups is pretty inactive bc they mostly have gotten their bfps or in the case of one her second one since we've been chatting. They have a beautiful little girl and their second on the way. It's great that I've been there for both of them :D Sorry that you have moments of despair, but it's awesome to be able to help you through them.
Hopeful have you ever spotted before. Sounds like the day before my af. Hope she's not coming. Brown blood is old blood. Are you due for af? I understand wanting to try naturally first before using Clomid. I've never tempted, but I do think you use a special thermometer that has hundredths of a degree too like ummm 97.78 instead of just 97.7. It lets you know if your temp went up or down even by a small margin.
MissChiffsManager I'm sorry for your bfn. I'm sorry af seems to be on her way :( If she does come then I've got my fx for you next month, already :D
Afm I'm off from work tomorrow and probably going to start my tesol class. I got $499 off with a groupon so I only paid $19. My dh got his for $5. So, mine was a little more, but still not too terribly much. The :af: only stayed 2 full flow days and 1 slightly spotting, which is a day or two less of spotting, but I'm happy :D Dh couldn't wait to get to bding again, so he convinced me to give it a go, not only once, but twice last night :omg: That's all except for :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mum2T » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 am

Hello lovely ladies!
Sorry I haven't been on much but I do pop in every day and read the updates.

7mk - So sorry AF came this month. I am always sending you positive vibes. Love that you and your DH still find time to do non bding too. It's so important to keep that in the relationship. When we were TTC I think I lost that as I became so obsessed with timings etc. You guys sound like a great couple and I really hope you get that BFP soon. Also I'm pretty sure Debbkinz posted some information about a natural clomid that might be worth looking into and personally I can't recommend Memevit enough. Its only a fertility vitamin for men but it's suppose to increase the quality of their swimmers and you can buy it over the counter. Worked for us. Good luck with the tesol and lots of baby dust to you xx

BebeCK - Woohoo things are definite looking up for you. I just knew your luck had to change. Everything is sounding so positive - Let's hope this is your month. Depending on what side of the world you are (it's Sunday night for me) how did IUI go? The absolute very best of luck with it - I have FX crossed for you and I'm sending you lots of baby dust xx

Catblue - So sorry AF arrived. I'm glad you find comfort with this group, I do too. I love coming in every morning to read the updates and share my journey too. Going off coffee will be hard. Maybe try decaff so you still get the taste and it still feels like you're having it lol. How is your DS doing? Sending lots of baby dust for this cycle.

MissChiffs - Any update? I really hope it's not your AF arriving! Could it be possible you O'd later than you thought? Do you use OPK's or temp?

Hopeful - Any update? I found acupuncture good to relax. 7MK is right about the thermometer, it has to be a special TTC one. I tried temping but it wasn't for me. I found it really confusing and I hated setting my alarm to do it on my days off. I found OPK's a bit better although even then I found it hard to get a really strong positive. But it gave me a good idea when I O'd and it also gave me hope which we can all always do with. FX for you x

Debbkinz - I'm so sorry to hear your news. But the girls are so right - They have great meds now like clomid etc that can help. It's definitely something that the doctors can fix. Best of luck for the 13th. Keep us posted. Babydust to you x

Dini - Congrats on another successful scan. When do you get the results of the NIPT? My pregnancy app says once you see a heartbeat at the 7ish week scan the chance of miscarriage goes down to 2%. I liked those odds. I'm going to vote boy on your scan. How are you feeling? I am also going for the NIPT hopefully tomorrow if I can get an appointment. I'm sure everything will be fine. You are taking your prenatal vitamins and doing everything you can to make sure you're healthy. Keep us updated and enjoy the end of the first trimester :-)

AFM: Well the tiredness is absolutely kicking my @ss. I'm am exhausted. My DS is taking all of my energy. Luckily my DH is a very hands on dad but obviously with him working 6 days a week he can't do everything. We were always 50/50 with my son but I'm really struggling. I find it hard to keep up with housework and laundry because when I get my son to bed at 7.45 I'm just ready to crash. We got up early this morning and went for breakfast and browsed round the shopping centre and I had to come home and have an afternoon nap lol. Other than that I'm feeling really good. Can't believe how quickly I'm showing on this one, I'm in maternity jeans already. I'm hoping to get an appointment tomorrow for the NIPT Dini mentioned above but I won't be finding out the gender until the 20 week scan. It was an extra $600 for the gender test so I refused, I don't mind waiting another few weeks! I am also quite hungry too, I find I can't eat big portions anymore as I get really bloated so it's better if I eat little but often which means I'm eating all day lol. Well that's really it from me.
If I get the scan tomorrow, I'll post a picture.

Babydust to all girls - Let's pray its a good positive week for us all xxx
Mum2T
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:01 am

Mum2T thanks for the positive vibes, believe me when I say that I can really feel them and they help to keep me positive. It is true that, if you let it ttc can interfere with regular ole sex that a couple needs to stay connected. I decided when we started this ttc journey, I would never let that happen with us, and so far, so good :D I don't temp bc I think it would put too much pressure on us and it would be easy to become obsessed. Besides, my sleep is so erratic, I mean the time I sleep not the amount so much, that it would be really hard to get a clear picture. My body does give me clear signs of O every month, though I'd have to say that I didn't really notice EVERY month until I started actively tttcing. Before I would notice the day of, if it was a particularly strong O. I was very sore All day and full feeling. Now I notice the gearing up, as well :D It usually last from three to four days. I can say that I've never been able to figure out my cervix position, maybe I gave up too soon, but it just felt kinda weird looking for it :rofl: I will have to look back at Debbkinz post to find out, but I probably wont try anything like that till we make our move to Colorado in the next 3 to 5 months. Just keep with the regime I have of supplements, for now. Want to be settled there in case trying it gives me twins. I might be a bit afraid to travel that far if I were pregnant with more than one. The stress of the road, as I'm often not to keen on riding/driving. Dh is sure to need my help on driving and it's the one time I have a hard time not stressing :( I'll have to look into Memevit. Right now he's taking coq10 and b12 with me plus a b complex, which we've always taken, as it helps level out his emotions. Thanks a for the well wishes on tesol. I can't wait bc I realized just today how much I missed learning. Don't worry too much about the housework, it will still be there. You can detail it when you get into nesting mode. I heard it really makes you want to clean. Even my mom did, though she loathed cleaning normally :rofl: I hope you get that appointment for the scan, and please do post a picture, as I am addicted to all things baby. I guess I'm doing good if that is my only true addiction except for bd with my dh that is :rofl:
Afm nothing more to allow. I'm in the living room watching BBC America which has on nature shows which I love, while dh teaches classes from the bedroom. :sticky: and :hugs: to you
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MissChiffsManager » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:44 am

Well I am not having a normal mense for sure. I spotted yesterday afternoon, palest pink. Then later evening a gob of mucus and bright red blood, so I wore a pad to bed just in case. Woke up totally clean. Absolutely nothing. Then DH and I got intimate this morning and a lot of bright red blood and mucus again! Although it really wasn't that much it was all smeared around so it looked like a lot haha. He was pretty disconcerted by it :/

So, it's been 3 shows of discrete blood/mucus. But no steady flow. Today is CD 34, if it is indeed spotting. I'm not sure if I should count this as the start of a mense?

I do use bbt to track O and my fertile times. On top of that I have O pains to coincide. I'll share my chart for this month if it will load. I've been using the fertility awareness method of contraception for the last 8 years so I am pretty familiar with it and my cycles. This doesn't seem like a normal cycle at all! I'm normally like clockwork, mostly O on day 18 or 19, and always between 31 and 33 day cycle with a 14 day (always) luteal phase.

So I did O on day 18 I'm quite sure. Most all the symptoms except mucus during this cycle were extremely uncharacteristic- including breast pain, headaches. Pelvic sensations started on CD28. If implantation happened on CD 28, it would've been pretty late and probably why no BFPs happened, including right up to yesterday. But, I am only surmising at this point, because my body definitely feels VERY different than normal, and the BFNs are messing with me.
Attachments
20180904_140822.png
(78.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MissChiffsManager
Friend

Postby Dini » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi Girls, I hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend :)

Bebeck - 22mm sounds great!! How did it IUI go today? Can’t wait to hear about it!

MissChiffsManager - Do you think you could have O’ed a bit later than usual? From your chart it looks like you may have O’ed around August 28th. I’ve been charting for over a year as well and I had the odd month where my body revved up for ovulation then didn’t go through with it… then I ovulated a few days later. Here is an example below - I always ovulate on CD15… I didn’t O until CD18 here. There was also a month when I O’ed CD 19 and another on CD21. Does your app tell you when it thinks you O’ed?

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 20.20.23.png
(159.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Hopeful2019 - Your cycle does sound very strange this month! I really enjoyed acupuncture when I went and found it super helpful for relaxing. I ended up switching to shiatsu for conception and absolutely loved that. I don’t know if any of these things actually work but I love how relaxed they make me feel - and that can only be a good thing.
As for the thermometer - you need a special BBT thermometer for charting which shows 2 decimal points. Its more accurate for detecting small fluctuations in temp.

7Mk1973 - I hope tesol course started well :) I also love learning - I try and take classes in something every year if I can.

Mum2T - I hope you get your NIPT appointment for tomorrow. I was lucky with mine as there wasn’t an extra cost for the gender… $600 sounds like a lot just for the gender! I am trying to stay positive and think that everything will be OK. I don’t see a reason why it shouldn’t be… other than my age. Please let us know how yours goes tomorrow and post a pic of the little one if you get a scan :)
I don’t know how you’re managing to work and look after a little one! Pregnancy tiredness is no joke!

AFM: I was starting to think that I MIGHT be feeling a tiny bit better yesterday morning but then after a few errands I came home about midday, vomited and went to sleep for 2 hours. It keeps happening that I get a day or so of thinking things are settling and then the symptoms come back with a vengeance. I’ve been super nauseous all day today and no energy…. Really looking forward to getting to 12 weeks! I’m hoping symptoms will settle down soon.
I should get the NIPT results this week - hopefully by Thursday. Really hoping everything will be fine!
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MissChiffsManager » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Here's a screenshot of what I "think" is more accurate lol.

My chart has the option to exclude temps I think are abnormal (due to fever, stress, whatever) and I had excluded a few high temps on that last puc bc I wasn't sure if my cold was conteibuting to a fever. But now i think my cold contrubuted to a stressor that actually dropped my bbt. So this is what it would look like.

Still no sign of actual AF tho so fingers crossed and I'll test again tomorrow morning ^.^

Reading about everyone's amazing journey and plans has me so excited! I also love learning and I'm constantly looking up new things. And moving to a new place sounds so adventurous! I'm also looking forward to seeing scans or pics when they come along <3
Attachments
Screenshot_20180909-182843.png
(81.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MissChiffsManager
Friend

Postby 7Mk1973 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Hello lovely ladies
MissChiffsManager Yeah I can see how it might concern your dh. Perhaps he was a bit afraid he'd hurt you somehow. :? I usually count the first day of full flow cd 1, so that is what I'd go with, since that hasn't happened for you yet, I would say you are still on the same cycle, cd 34, did you say it was? Your chart looks promising, especially with those high tempts put back into the mix. Fx the :af: stays away! Yeah we love new places and adventure. In 2005, we loaded ourselves, a guitar, a bag of books, and two bags of clothes onto a bus headed out to southern California from Rome, Georgia. We landed in Escondido on Cino de Mayo. We didn't take our car bc dh killed the transmission delivering pizza. We stayed there for 6 months. Then we moved to downtown San Diego where we resided for 8 years. We loved it; the weather was absolutely perfect, but it was expensive. We came back to Rome to spend time with family before we moved to Sri Lanka. Dh had lost his dad in 2007 and regretted not being able to spend more time with him, so we decided we wouldn't let that happen with my parents or his mom. The plans for Sri Lanka fell through, but I'm glad we came bc we lost my mom a couple of years ago, but not before I got to spend a couple more years with her. We aren't in Colorado yet bc we realized we needed a better truck to make the trip. But in the next couple of months we will have enough to get a better truck outright. I don't want payments.
Dini I haven't gotten to my course, yet. We woke at a strange hour bc I really didn't sleep until after dh's classes, so we got up at like, 4:30 or 5 pm. Then we ate a little. Dh wanted to take me out on a date, so we went to the arcade down the street. I'd never been there. We had a great time blasting away zombies and then dinosaurs. I really am not usually one for shooter games, but there is something about having that plastic gun in your hands :rofl: Then we went and got Capitan D's which was wonderful. We topped that off with Duncan Donuts, just one a piece. Now dh is resting up for a demo class for another company that offers night classes. It wont matter if he doesn't get it bc he already works for 2 companies, but he wants to try to get a few evening hours. I will wait until he finishes that to start the tesol, since he will be using my computer (it's the better of the 2). We really need to get another for him to use when I actually start placing my applications. His isn't as up to the task and we don't want it to fail while we are in the middle of teaching :doh: Taking some classes every year sounds fun. I sure miss College, but can't really afford to go back even if we didn't have old student loan debt. I'm sorry the symptoms are so bad, but hey it reminds you that there's a baby in there cooking :rofl: Let us know how the results come out. I'm sure they are fine :D
Afm nothing much going on, just waiting for my fertile time, and fighting with my MIL kitty, Princess, who is trying to "help" me type this :rofl: She's purring up a storm. I couldn't do it with my cat, Captain bc he's just too big, even though he's not all that big, not to keen on fighting him for my lap space while I type. That's all except for :hugs: :babydustg: and :sticky: to us all.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Fairytaledreams » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:01 am

Hi ladies

Just a quick one today. Work has been hectic now its getting warmer everyone wants to come to the cafe :D.

So the witch showed on friday which i new she would but im now looking forward to the weekend which is the start of my fertile week. My Bf told me she getting the implant out tomorrow so im hoping we r each others good luck charms even though she is 6 hrs away. Im just getting annoyed at my body now as im only 29 and no bfp in 9 months is driving me crazy.

Anyway babydust to all will do personals later in the week.
Fairytaledreams
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Flanine » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 am

Hi all!
I am new to the tww business.
After an unplanned pregnancy 8 years ago, I always thought that we would be able to conceive at any time..but now here we are, after all this time, trying actively to conceive starting from this month!
AF expected tomorrow, and I have all the PMS symptoms, therefore I am very pessimistic already. What to you ladies do to keep the mood up when AF comes? I am sooo not ready to fail!!!
Flanine

Postby 7Mk1973 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:09 am

Just a really quick one ladies. I have to work soon. Fairtaledreams sorry about af, but glad you are excited about your fertile week. I'm glad you have a friend who can share your journey with you :D
Welcome aboard Flanine, this is one of the best groups of women you can find to share your journey.
7Mk1973
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BHLF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:11 am

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the group (heard about it from Dini). I'm 38 yrs old, turning 39 next month. My BF is 37 and we are just now starting to TTC. Currently I have a Mirena IUD, it's supposed to come out on Thursday, but now I guess we'll see if Hurrican Florence let's that happen. We just recntly (within about a month) decided to TTC and we're trying to move quickly now that we've made a decision. Right now I've bought some OPK's (supposed to get here Thursday, but again Florence) and downloaded the Ovia app, but no info to put in yet. When I have my Mirena removed I'm hoping to get the Dr to run some basic tests to make sure I'm good to go TTC.

Other than that and BF and I taking a multivitamin and Omega-3, I haven't really started any prep. I've been told to start taking my BBT, I'm not sure I want to do that though. It seems like it could be a pain with the whole you can't move or talk or anything before you do that. How much of a pain is it really and how strict are the no moving rules?

Some of the concerns I have are my age, possible thyroid issues, and FVL gene but no clots. Also, I used to have my nipples pierced and am not sure I'll be able to breast feed but that's a down the road issue. Anyways, thanks for having me here, I look forward to getting to know everyone and wish you all the best of luck TTC!!!
BHLF
Friend

Postby BHLF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:32 am

Dini wrote:Hey BebeCK, this was a great idea starting this group. I've just turned 38, OH is 35. We actively started TTC in Oct 2016 but so far I've only had 2 Chemicals at the start of this year, both ended at exactly 5 weeks.
I had Day 3 & 21 tests and all normal - also had loads of other fertility checks and everything is working well and clear, as is other half 8)
I also have a stressful job and wondered if that was to blame at all. I started Acupuncture at the end of last year, so that might have helped to get the BFPs - even though they ended early, I'd never had a BFP before so maybe it helped.
I do have a blood clotting disorder but the haematologist doesn't think it should interfere in early pregnancy, either way, if / when I get another BFP, he is recommending to my GP I be put on Heparin straight away.
I'm currently on CD17 and I think I'm O'ing either today or tomorrow. I'm charting my BBT so waiting for my temp to rise.
Good luck with the Day 3 blood test on Monday and hoping this is your month :)

I have the FVL gene, which is a blood clotting disorder. My sister is on blood thinners permanently because of blood clots. But she was able to have a baby long before anyone realized she had FVL. I have never had any clots, I just got tested because it's genetic. I wasn't too worried about it, but then I started seeing a lot of people who have said they're FVL caused them to have still births, mc's and they have had to be put on blood thinners or take baby aspirin. This was one of my big concerns that I wanted to talk to a dr about. Do you mind if I ask you a bit more about your situation. Is there a way I can ask privately if you would rather not post it here?
BHLF
Friend

Postby Dini » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:57 am

Hi ladies,

MissChiffsManager - updated chart looks better! Any update on AF or if you’ve tested again?

7Mk1973 - Date night with OH sound so much fun - and so important in keeping relationships alive :) I hope your OH got the extra night classes teaching.
Absolutely love the Kitty’s - I have one but he is most interested in “helping” when I’m cooking or eating!

Fairytaledreams - Sorry to hear AF arrived. I hope you have loads of fun catching that egg at the weekend :)

Flanine - welcome to the group! Did AF arrive in the end?

BHLF - I’m more than happy to answer any questions on the blood clotting issues - you can either post in the group or private message me (I think there is an option if you click “User Control Panel” at the top of this page. Then click on Private Messages. Although I don’t think I’ll mind answering on here! :)

I hope you’re not living in the path of Hurricane Florence - I’m in the UK and its news here as well!
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:59 am

P.S. I meant to say that I've never had a blood clot either. My sister had a DVT when she was in her early 30s and so we were all tested and we have hereditary Protein S Deficiency. I think problems with these blood clotting disorders only start to show as we get older. My mother also has this and she had me and my sister without knowing it... but she was in her early 20s.
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Buddy Groups