How to keep your mind occupied during the 2 week wait

This board is for anyone who wants to join or start a buddy group at TwoWeekWAIT.com.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

How to keep your mind occupied during the 2 week wait

Postby Bassoongal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site and have been ttc for almost a year now. I didn't get serious about tracking my cycles until 3 months ago and went through a very early miscarriage last month. I am currently 2 DPO and just trying to keep my mind from obsessing over little things, especially fake pregnancy symptoms. Logically, there is no way I could be pregnant yet, but I find my mind wondering and I feel it is causing unnecessary anxiety. I was just wondering how other ladies kept themselves from over-thinking things during the two week wait. Let me know your thoughts!
Bassoongal
Friend

Re: How to keep your mind occupied during the 2 week wait

Postby Charmed » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Hello,

I am also pretty new to this site. Im sorry to hear about your misscarige, how are you doing?

I have been ttc for 14 months. Af is due in 9 days.

Tww is the longest. I have no fool proof method to stay distracted just try to do things that make you feel happy. I have also joined in on a buddy group here. Everyone has been really lovely and supportive which makes a difference and often there is more than one person at a time going through the same parts of the cycle.

FC for bfp soon xx
Charmed
Friend

Postby Bassoongal » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Hey Charmed! Thanks so much for sharing your story. Talking to other ladies going through the same thing really helps keep me sane. Is there a name for the buddy group you joined on here? It seems like there aren't a whole lot of active threads on here right now.

I'm sending baby dust your way!
Bassoongal
Friend

Postby Charmed » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Hello

Thats ok :) sorry I wasnt more help. Yeah the buddy group is 2019 baby hope buddy group. Its pretty active.

Babydust to you to. Fc for some bfp soon. Il see you in the group :) xx
Charmed
Friend

Postby Samantha115 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 am

Hey there. I understand waiting can be anxious. Especially in a situation like that. But you need to stay calm. Divert your mind. Listen to good music. Do chores. Go out shopping. Eat your favorite food. Just stay happy. And try to be calm. Talk to people if that helps. Talking helps a lot. Letting it get the best of you will cause hindrance in your results. I wish you the best of luck. Baby dust to you!
Samantha115
Friend

Postby Katherine Hugh » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:23 am

Hey honey. I know the post is old. Way old. But I wanna share something with the other girls. If you're reading this. It's going to be alright. Don't worry about things. Everything will fall into place. Just stay positive. Consult your doctor. And keep your DH informed about everything. You need to let your close ones in. If you give in to despair. It's a hard road. So just stay strong ladies. Much love.
Katherine Hugh
Friend

Return to TTC Buddy Groups