Its been a Year now =( Should I see OBGYN or RE??

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Its been a Year now =( Should I see OBGYN or RE??

Postby lovebabytime » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Me and DH have been TTCing for 12 cycles (AF will be here in 3 days). Where do I go from here?? We were super blessed to have DD after TTCing for just 3 cycles. I am in my thirties now, which I am sure has something to do with it. Would you ladies recommend going to my regular OBGYN or straight to an RE? I guess I should call my insurance first. I am soo scared to start on all the TTC drugs, but it maybe what we need. Thanks for all the replies in advance! :D
Me: 34 DH: 36
Together since 1997, Married in July 2003
DD born 10/23/07
TTC#2 since July 2010
My Ovulation Chart
lovebabytime
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby goobermom » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 pm

if you have a good relationship with your ob, you could ask what/who they recommend. But i say, don't hesitate to see out an RE, this is what they specialize in and you may not want to "waste" time with an ob. good luck and hope you get your BFP soon!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megan6912 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:25 pm

I'd say go to your OB first and get a referral to an RE. Most insurance covers diagnosis of infertility but you would be extremely lucky to have insurance that covers treatment. So if I were you I'd stick with an OB for awhile since they are cheaper and insurance doesn't have problems paying for them. OB's can start the diagnosis process and start you on fertility meds. If your diagnosis is easy to figure out (ie- luteal phase defect, no ovulation) then fertility meds will probably work out for you. You will probably need to see an OB first anyway cause some insurance companies require you to have a referral to see an RE. I hope you get your bfp before you have to see an an RE though!!
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Over 12 Months