Yet another 2 week wait... anyone else?

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby wannababy2011 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:36 pm

OMG Tiffany that's so exciting! I've got my fingers and toes all crossed for you.

Are you 3 all from the USA? Just curious. I'm sure you noticed that I'm in Canada. We have OHIP here (Ontario Health Insurance Plan). Diagnostic stuff is covered to find out the issue but treatment is not. Some people have extended health benefits through work insurance plans to cover "extras" like rx's and stuff. DH & I don't have that cuz he's self-employed. It's kind of complicated. There's a lot of rules. That's just a bit of how it works here.

Anyways, what I was going to start on... We're waiting on doing IUI. Not feasible with Christmas and my birthday back to back. I will already have to pay a $280 yearly cycle monitoring fee for the next cycle to cover all the u/s. OHIP only covers 1 cycle. Then there's the cost of the Clomid & the hcg trigger. The following cycle I won't have to pay the fee (cause it's yearly) so we might be able to add IUI (+$400) that time but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

My O date looks to be about Dec 26/27. Right on track with you two!

(WOW WE'VE GOTTEN TO 5 PAGES!!!) 8)
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mae41083 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Danielle-Thank you..I knew you ladies would understand! The symptoms coming back sound reallllyy good :) I've still got hope for you yet. Yes, I'm in the U.S. Our insurance covers through the diagnostic phase, but doesn't cover the actual treatment-just like yours. I don't know if they will cover U/S or bloodwork though.

Indy-You are right, there are things that I wouldn't want to be dealing with right now either so thank you for putting it into perspective for me. I'm sure it is because we are strong enough to handle it but sometimes I just don't wanna be strong, kwim? As for you.... :jump: :jump: Can't wait to hear the beta results! I cna't believe they didn't call you back today...I would've been pissed! I will definitely be stalking for an update!

Sharon-LOVED the prayer! I think it is about time for us to all get our BFP's too. This is some hard work and we are some special ladies. And I have woken up and forgotten to POAS as well and I could've just kicked myself! Stalking for your results too!
Me (Meaghan)-29
DH-31 (S/A: perfectly normal)
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010
11/23: HSG-All clear
4/12: 1st RE appt.
Feb. cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatals, B6, B12, L-Arginine, and Preseed=BFN
March cycle: Au naturale=BFN
April cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatal, B6, B12, and Preseed=BFP on 4/17/12@10 DPO!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Mae41083
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:28 am

Yes I have woken up AGAIN! I haven't gotten a full night's sleep in about 3 days. I'm finding I'm getting 2-4 hours then I wake up and can't get back to sleep. So frustrating!

I sure as hell don't want to be strong anymore. I just want my BFP so I can put all this behind me for a while. They do say God/the universe doesn't give you anything you can't handle, but why do some of us have to handle so much? I'd really like to take the easy road one of these days.

Today marks 12/13 dpo for me. Only a few more days until I have my definite answer.
:praying: Please send us all our Christmas wish of a BFP.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:51 am

Gotta make this quick as I am getting ready for work and stayed in bed an extra 10 minutes. Well either I am pg or I ate something yesterday that didn't agree with my tummy. I am so nauseated. To the point I don't want to go to work. I tried eating some oatmeal (as its close to 0 outside right now), and still feel yucky. Anyways, yes we are in the US< Idaho to be exact. DH current insurance is united healthcare. They cover diagnositcs, and IUI's, and surgeries related to infertility for $10000.00 per member per lifetime. So up to 20grand, but they do not cover any meds for infertility or IVF which in my opinion is stupid. We are switching (not by choice) to another insurance company in January. Stupid wells fargo :x
Anyways, I won't be able to post personals or updates till after I get off work later today. I am really hoping the doctor calls me right around the time of my break so I can take the call. We aren't supposed to have cell phones on the floor as we deal with very personal information and cells can take pics, but I figure if its on silent in my pocket nobody will know the difference. Otherwise I will be calling on my break. Have a great day!
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
Aug 07: Lap, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy, and HSG
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI#3 clomid/donor sperm BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN
IUI #6 50mg clomid, IUI 12/26/2011 BFN
IUI #7 50mg clomid, 10K pregnyl trigger, IUI 5/26/12 BFN
IUI#8 6/29, clomid, trigger, progesterone BFN
Currently Taking a break, persuing other options.

http://firstbabyorbust.blogspot.com
indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mae41083 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:37 am

Danielle: Sorry you woke up and couldn't go back to sleep! I keep waking up around 3:30 every morning and then again at 6:00, but I eventually get back to sleep. What I hate is this has happened before and no BFP, so it was all in vain! I hope you get better sleep tonight. I am sick and tired of being strong too. As Mother Teresa said, "I know God doesn't give me more than I can handle, I just wish he didn't have so much faith in me". Amen Sister! I totally get it.

Tiffany: I don't know why I converted back to calling you your screen name. Now, you have really got me waiting on pins and needles! I'm so anxious for you!

AFM: Tested with FMU and BFN. *Sigh* The usual run around. 10 DPO today and my bbs are a bit sore, but that's pretty normal.
Me (Meaghan)-29
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010
April cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatal, B6, B12, and Preseed=BFP on 4/17/12@10 DPO!!!

Mae41083
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Tiffany: The nausea sounds so promising. I'm anxiously awaiting your update. Fingers crossed. After 10 years you deserve a BFP.

Meaghan: I'm so incredibly tired right now. I'm still getting a good 8-10 hours sleep it's just broken into segments. Not ideal.

Sharon: How are you?

AFM: Gonna make a short list of my symptoms for today. #1 Sore abs, like I've done a ton if crunches. New for me. #2 Complete and utter exhaustion. Could be from my messed up sleep schedule. Somewhat normal for me. #3 Nausea. Maybe something I ate yesterday? Weird for it to be lasting so long. Never has before. #4 Sore/swollen boobs. Normal at this point.
I looked back at previous symptoms from Mar to Jul. I noticed that I marked "cramps" on all of them starting at 12/13dpo. Hoping it's a good sign that I'm not cramping yet. No spotting either. :fingers crossed:

I really want to test but I don't want the disappointment of another BFN so I'm waiting it out. If no AF on Sat I will POAS. If no AF on Sunday, I will go for blood test.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:10 pm

I called the dr at 945 on my am break (have to be to work by 730) and they hadn't had the results so they had me on hold while they called the lab....HCG less than 1 WTF? Really? Come on. So anyways I talked to my dr she is going to consult with the head dr there, they are going to rerun all my tests since its been about 4 years, maybe even 5 and our insurance is switching and not sure what they will cover for diagnostics, may as well use it while we have it. Today is 13DPIUI and not even the faintest sign of AF coming. I am really amazed I held it together through work. DH is pretty devastated, couldn't ever really get out of him if he thought I might be or not, guess he did, but he was trying not to get my hopes up. We were both pretty negative but his mother got our hopes up. Anyways dr said whenever I want she will give me provera to start my cycle, then run labs and put me on clomid for this next cycle JOY (not). I guess I am pretty crushed right now, I so pictured that phone call going a totally different direction. Whats worse is my mom, mil, and dh all asking, could it be wrong? Could it be too early? I just want to move on. Then I sign onto yahoo's homepage and there is a "Pregnant for the holidays" thing...really?! You've got to be freaking kidding me. Sorry for the long vent. So now the question how long should I wait before asking for Provera. Part of me says start it now since I don't know how long it will take to start me and I'm trying to get the IUI in before dec 31. UGH...whats your opinions? Do I wait, just incase or do I take it and move on?
Sharon: Hows things going over there?
Danielle so sorry that you are so exhausted, hopefully its a good sign! Last night was the first night I slept decent, I only woke up once at 530, not every few hours (I was also asleep by 10) and boy oh boy I did NOT want to get out of bed at 615.
Meaghan: I am so sorry for the BFN :cry:
I'm hoping that my husband gets the banker job he applied for, if he does his paychecks will pay all of our bills, and mine will be put away and in 10 months we could do an IVF cycle in Boise. I totally feel like Mother Teresa right now!
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Aww Tiffany I'm so sorry. :hugs: I'm truly sending you a HUGE virtual hug. That totally completely sucks.
Personally I would wait a few more days for provera. Just in case there's something trying to happen in there. There's a lot of women out there who don't get a BFP until 15+ dpo. My opinion would be to give yourself until 16-18 dpo then test again. If still BFN go for the provera.

Meaghan: So sorry for your BFN. Don't despair, 10dpo is still early.

Today's update
Indygirl/Tiffany: 13dpo/dpiui -still no AF. We are praying for you! :praying:
Wannababy/Danielle: 12/13dpo - BFN 9/10dpo, waiting until 14/15dpo (Sat) :fingers crossed:
Mae/Meaghan: 10dpo - BFN at 10dpo but it's early, still hopeful! :fingers crossed:
Grey/Sharon: 8dpo/dpiui -holding out until 11dpo (Sat) :fingers crossed:
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mae41083 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Tiffany: I am so, so sorry :( Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! :hugs: to you!!! I am not sure about the Provera. I really don't know much about it, but if I were you I would probably start it ASAP because of insurance purposes. BUT, if you aren't emotionally ready-I say wait. again. I'm so sorry that it didn't turn out differently. I know, I saw the pregnant for the holidays crap on Yahoo and I was like, "you have got to be kidding me! I don't freaking care, nor do I want it shoved into my face!" The media will report on the stupidest stuff.

Danielle: Fingers Crossed that all of your symptoms mean that you are going to have your BFP! Much props to you for being able to resist. I know I couldn't do it.

AFM, not much going on here. Thank you ladies for the support. This next cycle I am going to try best to totally relax and not even think of TTC...I sooo don't wanna be stressed out over the holidays!
Me (Meaghan)-29
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010

Mae41083
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby greytsharonly » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Aww Tiffany, I am so sorry. I hope that implantation happened late and maybe... But I feel your pain. It's so hard to allow yourself to hope when at this point. I'd get started right away on the next cycle (but wait a few days just in case). Otherwise you might regret not doing everything possible. I haven't taken any breaks since starting ttc except for a forced month off for a tetanus shot. And that month killed me, feeling like I wasted a precious month.

I hate hearing about bfn. It makes me want to scream!

Afm- my husband wants me to test on the 9th since 9 and 19 are our lucky numbers. That would be 10 dpo so maybe. I just can't bear a bfn before work though. I have no symptoms whatsoever. On the one hand I feel sad that nothing is signaling pg but since I usually have some AF symptoms with clomid, I am hoping the lack of symptoms is good. But on the other hand, doesn't pg cause progesterone to go up and therefore sore breasts? Does this mean my uterine lining is weak as I suspected and I am not pg? argh! I hate this.
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Sharon: Can't wait for your test! I hate this to.
Meaghan: Its still early, keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Danielle: You rock at keeping track of everyone! Can't wait for Saturday for you!
Seems like none of us are really having any syptoms. DH got off work early tonight, and I broke down and vented and feeling much better now. Of course it comes and goes in waves. We have talked about our options, and talked to family about everything. I guess my SIL was about 2 months prg before she ever tested positive on a beta test, and a coworker of his was 3 months pg. Not saying I am that way, but AF still hasn't shown up, so we have decided to wait a week, and if nothing retest. If thats negative I'm asking for a repeat beta and an ultrasound just for extra reassurance before I start provera or anything of the like. He (DH) reminded me that this RE does his IUI's for only $100 if you don't have insurance coverage...yup thats right one hundred bucks (I still can't believe it, everyone else started at 350). And we will have 1500 of HRA dollars which pay for everything and anything so if I can't run my hormones till January not a big deal. Anyways, hope everyone is still doing good. I hope at least one of us....wait scratch that, I hope all of us get our BFP's this month.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 am

Tiffany: I really think you've made a good choice. I'm glad to hear that your feeling a little better. Make sure to keep us updated! I've still got my fingers crossed for you.
Your RE only charges $100 for IUI? That's so awesome! If it was that affordable here I would have done it already.

AFM: 13/14 dpo today. AF should come either tomorrow or Sat. Getting really anxious now that I've built myself up only to come crashing down in the "red sea." I haven't had ANY of my usual pre-AF cramps. My boobs are driving my nuts. I can't stay asleep still. UGH!! I'm hoping that this turns out to be all worth it. Right now I've got a splitting headache. The headache actually woke me up at about 1:30am.

I've got a family thing on Sun so DH and I will be staying at my mom's this wknd. I'm hoping that I won't have to put on a brave face and will be able to be truly happy. If AF shows I'm having a glass of wine. I've been dying for one the last couple of days! :D I will definitely update on Fri & Sun. Sat is going to be a crap shoot but I'll try.

:fingers crossed: for :noaf2: and :bfp: to all of us!
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 am

Just a quick update still no AF I had a dream last night the doc callecd to say they got the wrong results and my beta was 150 lol. Anyways, heres to some BFPs heading our way! Oh and I read that 12 dpo still can be too early for the beta, takes a few days after implantation for there to be engough circulating in your system. So I'm not out till the ugly B shows her face.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Well Tiffany I feel your pain today.
I caved in this morning and took another test. It was about 5 this morning with about a 4 hour hold. BFN :( Unfortunately I think I'm out. AF hasn't started yet but I am cramping a bit today. I'm feeling a little bummed cuz I really thought that this was going to be THE month. With 3 eggs how could I lose? Seriously.
I'm still holding out a very small amount of hope that maybe I tested too early. The sensitivity of the test was 25mIU/ml (from Dollarama). Haven't taken the FRER yet. I'm saving that one.

Tiffany: I hope your dream comes true! Maybe it was too early. AF being 2 days late is a good sign. Still praying for you.

Sharon & Meaghan: :hi:
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby greytsharonly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:29 pm

My bbs started feeling sore last night when I was in bed. They don't really hurt but rather I just feel them there. They're not bigger nor do I see veins as described in bfp symptoms so I am not feeling optimistic. It's pretty much how they feel before AF. I so much want to be pg that I am driving myself crazy. Things are different this cycle (lack of symptoms) and I am reading into everything (am I burping more than usual? Did I go to the bathroom today or am I constipated?). Everything feels like a symptom and half of them are probably hallucinated.

I am so afraid of getting a bfn. At this point I am feeling that if I get a bfn I might just have to give up because I really can't take this anymore. I can't handle the letdown. It's like someone dies every month, my mourning for the child that isnt there is that bad.

I'm afraid that I might be joining the long list of bfn but we will see tomorrow morning (10dpiui). Can you tell I am not feeling very positive today :?

Sorry for being so negative. I'll feel better in a few days after AF starts and I become ready for another fresh start. As much as I hate it.
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Over 12 Months