Yet another 2 week wait... anyone else?

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby indygirl297 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Sharon: Bug hugs to you *hug*, I feel the same way to, like I am mourning a death of someone that never was there in the first place. People look at me like I'm crazy when I try to tell them that. Then a few days after my cycle starts I am ready to go again. Before I was told the results I told myself if it was negative I was done, just plain done that I couldn't do iit anymore, but then I think there is no way I want to live my life with no kids ever so I can't give up. No need to appologize for being negative, we all have our times we are like that.
Danielle: Sorry you are having a rough day. Too bad we all don't live close by so we could just cave into a big tub of chocolate ice cream and be mad/sad/angry whatever we feel like being.

As for me pretty sure the beta was right, at least right now. It changes hour by hour but I am cramping a tiny tiny bit on and off again. If you go on my normal start of AF I'm 5 days late, if you base it on ovulation being late I'm only 2 days late. Anyways, here's to a little bit of hope left for us all.
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
Aug 07: Lap, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy, and HSG
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI#3 clomid/donor sperm BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN
IUI #6 50mg clomid, IUI 12/26/2011 BFN
IUI #7 50mg clomid, 10K pregnyl trigger, IUI 5/26/12 BFN
IUI#8 6/29, clomid, trigger, progesterone BFN
Currently Taking a break, persuing other options.

http://firstbabyorbust.blogspot.com
indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Sharon: Sorry you're feeling down today. I think we all are. It's getting to crunch time again for all of us so we understand. It's so true that you over think every little thing and turn it into a symptom. If we paid that much attention during the rest of the month, a lot of it would probably be fairly similar. How else would we occupy ourselves for 2 whole weeks without analyzing our bathroom habits, bodily noises and other daily functions? Remember if you decide to test tomorrow you are still early. If it's BFN, it doesn't mean you're out yet.

Tiffany: Sorry to hear that your cramping too. Sucks doesn't it. I'm just ready to get this cycle done so I can deal with it and move on. I'm definitely not ready to give up TTC yet. Like I said before, this really is only my 8th ovulatory cycle so really we're still in the "normal" 12 cycle range.

AFM- I'm tired right now but I spent a couple hours Christmas shopping this afternoon so that may be why. Cramping seems to have stopped for now. I know a late + is still possible but I just don't think I'm gonna get it. Part of me wants to think that maybe I'm a late implanter cuz my body seems to do everything else slowly. I guess I'll know within 48 hours.

Funny story: I was lying on my side in bed this morning after just waking up, when my cat jumped on the bed and stepped on my friggin nipple. OMG, I actually yelled OUCH and almost pushed him off the bed! 19lbs of cat on one nipple!! They're already sore right now so I'm surprised I didn't pass out. :lol4:

HUGS TO ALL!!
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:05 pm

So we need to get a group name set up to follow along. I had a good group on here once, but everyone either gave up, or moved to IVF and left me behind and stopped coming to these boards. But we made 6 pages YAY! Anyways, just wanted to update everyone I'm out. So bring on the craziness of clomid over Christmas with all of DH family being over here for a family party....going to be fun huh lol. Anyways I checked my CP and CM tonight (TMI :oops: ) anwyays, I had the pre AF brownish discharge I always get a day or two before AF so I'm hoping it waits till the weekend with just starting this new job I get major major cramps to the point I have almost had to go to the ER for pain relief and I don't want to deal with it while at work.
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Sorry Tiffany. I hope your nasty cramps stay away for you. Those sound terrible. Do you have endo? That can sometimes cause horrendous cramping.

Hmm, group name. We could keep the "Yet another TWW" or tyr something like "We're in for the long haul." I don't know. I'm not very good at naming.

I think we should stick to this board cuz the buddy group board is always so busy. It's easier to find you guys in this folder. :) Once we figure out a name we can start a new thread.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:35 pm

I like either of those names....or always in the tww or something. I had my last lapo surgery done in Augues of 2006 to look for endo and there was nothing then. She will do another 3-4 IUI's before redoing surgery. I have always had heavy painful periods since I started in 5th grade. I have missed many days of school or work due to my cramps the first 1-2 sometimes even 3 days of my cycles with 7 days of bleeding and usually 1 sometimes 2 days of spotting. Oh well such be life.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:17 am

Its official, the brown discharge was there this am when I wiped. I really wish I hadn't been at my job for only 2 weeks, I would call in and just stay home with my DH since he has the day off.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby greytsharonly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:19 am

I tested and bfn. My temp also went down this morning so I am pretty sure I am out. This is exactly how it happened last month.

I like Yet Another TWW. I loved talking with you all and hope to cycle with you again. I will probably never leave to go to the ivf board because we can't afford it and my husband is against that kind of intervention. So I am in until the bfp! Which how I am feeling today is forever. And I so much want to hear about your bfp too.

I hope hope I am wrong and my temp miraculously goes up and I hope hope that your bfn are false and we get late bfp!

Now I gotta go to work and be all cheery. I'm a teacher and funny thing is, a student asked me yesterday if I had a kid and I did a silent prayer hoping one was in me as I replied nope. So unfair!
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mae41083 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:35 am

I like "Yet Another TWW".

Tiffany: I am so sorry about the :af: I hope the cramps aren't too bad this go around. It sucks that you have such painful periods. I cramp, but nothing like that and it is usually just on CD1. I use to have 7 day long periods, but now it seems I only have about a 4 day period and only light brown spotting after that. Booo for Clomid over Christmas! I hope you don't get too many side effects from it so you can actually enjoy yourself.

Danielle: OUCH!! That must've hurt!! My cat likes to jump on me too. I'm still holding out hope for your late +. I'm with you though, I feel 100% out. I would be very, very surprised if I got a + this month.

Sharon: I'm sorry you are feeling out. This is so difficult. We probably won't do IVF either. My hubby isn't against it, but we sure can't afford it. I don't even like thinking of the future bc what if IUI's don't work? Then we are screwed. I hope your temp goes back up for you.

AFM, tested yesterday and BFN. I'm am almost 100% sure that I am out. I keep waking up at least once a night and I am having very vivid dreams and I've had a few where I am pregnant. I just wish my mind would stop playing tricks on me. It is just so cruel. I hate dreaming that I am pregnant just to wake up to not being pregnant. It is such a tease. I am 12 DPO today, but I probably won't test again until tomorrow or Sunday, if at all. I have no symptoms leading me to believe I'm pregnant, so I've pretty much given up this cycle.

:grouphug:
Me (Meaghan)-29
DH-31 (S/A: perfectly normal)
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010
11/23: HSG-All clear
4/12: 1st RE appt.
Feb. cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatals, B6, B12, L-Arginine, and Preseed=BFN
March cycle: Au naturale=BFN
April cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatal, B6, B12, and Preseed=BFP on 4/17/12@10 DPO!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Mae41083
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Katies-Proud-Mommy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 pm

hi honey

I understand how you must be feeling ( not quiet to the extent tho )

My fiance & I are both young,healthy,non-drinkers & have never smoked.. It took us 12 months to fall pregnant with our daughter

Our girl is now 28 months & we've been TTC baby # 2 since May 2010 ( 20 months later ) & nothing to show for it. I've been tested & been given the all clear,my partner is being tested in the new year !!

I just got my POSITIVE Opk today,so im a few days behind you. I myself am dreading the long 14 day wait ! Hoping we both dont get disapointment again & actually recieve our BFP !! Best of luck to you
Katies-Proud-Mommy

Postby greytsharonly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Crap. Here I go again. I am looking at all the fertilityfriend charts and looking for negative at 10 dpo with a bfp after. I am hoping even though deep down inside I know AF is coming. These are the worst days. After a bfn but before AF. The pathetic hope that maybe I could be so lucky like the charts I spend hours looking at. Maybe but highly unlikely.

How are you all doing? I know a lot of crappy bfns and some spotting but has anyone started AF yet? I did see quite a few charts on FF that showed a bfp not showing up until well after 14 dpo. There's the stupid hope again. I won't be sleeping for the next couple of days. Thank god for the weekend.
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Spotting has gotten heavier, almost the full start of AF. So I will start clomid either next Tuesday or Next Thursday.
Sorry for all the BFN's you would think at least one of us would have something to celebrate. The only way we can move onto IVF is if my husband gets a banker job or a service manager job.
So have any of you thought of using donor sperm, either from a known donor or from a sperm bank? Not even sure if any of you are facing MFI like we are. I get to do 4 more IUI's then surgery....again.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pureascrystal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:51 am

Hey ladies. I officially creeped every single word of this thread. I came here seeking advice for dealing with the jealousy and started reading and couldn't stop.

About me: As you can see in my siggy, I have been ttc#1 since Feb 2008. My husband at the time was dx with severe MFI and we had a less than 1% chance of conceiving on our own. DH went to the dr and they said he had a varicocele and he had surgery but it didn't improve is SA at all. When the RE told us we could do IVF and should have no problem but whatever condition DH had could be genetic. DH already didn't know his father and his mothers side has severe mental illness and alcoholism on her side. Overall, we made the decision to go with donor sperm. OH and btw, they ran all the tests on me and it appeared that I was 100% fine. We did 2 diui's one with Clomid and both ended in BFN. At the end of the last diui, I discovered that DH had been drinking again and we had a major fight and decided to get a divorce. Little did I know, that he had never stopped drinking after he went to rehab and this could have def contributed to his low counts and my emotional distress. But when people hear my story and say, "well thank God you didn't get pregnant" I want to say "While I can acknowledge and appreciate God watching out for me, it's a little hard to be thankful that I don't have a child, no matter what the situation a child is a blessing."

Fast forward to 6 months ago, I remarried a wonderful man and we started ttc right away. :) 2 cycles ago, I saw two lines for the very first time and hysterically freaked out with joy. But it ended in a chemical a few days later. It just sucks. The past few cycles have been really long and I'm concerned about O'ing so late. I have a new ob and am going to see her at the end of this month and consider going back to the RE. I'm worried that something isn't quite right with me now. I know DH has to get tested too, although I feel pretty confident that there isn't an issue there. Everyone just keeps telling me...oh youre young...and it will happen, don't worry. But they don't understand what you guys understand. They don't understand the emotional scar tissue that we carry around with us every single day. To top it off, I am a high school teacher and all my former students are getting pregnant and it just makes me GO INSANE with jealousy & bitterness. It's really ugly & i don't want to feel that way but I do.

I'm currently 5DPO but O didn't happen till CD23 which is late and I have a severe cold and am on all kinds of meds so not feeling hopeful.

How do you all deal with the jealousy? Especially you that are TTC#1...

indygirl: In my opinion, dealing with MFI is more difficult than the female having issues. Guys do not handle the news well and aren't as adept at communicating all their strong emotions. I feel for you...I have been there. Keep hanging in there and don't let him retreat, keep him talking through it because he is experiencing so much pain. It's hard to worry about his pain when you are also experiencing pain yourself. I always feel like I'm in mourning every month with AF. It's rough... If you do IVF, will you use his sperm or a donor sperm? Did you buy donor sperm through a bank?

grey: I love FF but I too scour the charts for hope & feel like it sometimes makes the let down bigger. It's so hard to find that balance between hopeful but not too much so that you are in self preservation mode.
Me(Crystal), 28: No Fertility Issues
DH, 25: No fertility Issues
TTC#1 off & on since Feb 2008
Ex had severe MFI, 2 DIUI's=BFN
Remarried and TTC again after 2 year break!
Chemical 10/10/11, BFP 1/13/12
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2190d5
Pureascrystal
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mae41083 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:19 am

:welcome: to Katies Proud Mommy and Pureascrystal!!!

Danielle: Have you tested yet?

Sharon: I totally understand holding out the hope and obsessing. I don't stalk charts bc I don't chart and honestly they confuse me...LOL. I hope you can get some sleep.

Tiffany: So sorry about AF. I hope she takes it easy on you this month. I don't believe my husband is the problem. He has a child from his previous marriage and he did have a child from a previous relationship as well, but somehow while she was in the care of the mother she received blunt force trauma to the head and unfortunately she didn't make it-she was 2 months old at the time of her death. So, apparently it is me and not DH.

Katies Proud Mommy: Yay for the +OPK!! Get to Bd'ing!! Good Luck to you and hopefully you will get your BFP this month!

Pureascrystal: I'm so sorry you had to endure everything with your first husband, but I am glad you have found someone who you will spend the rest of your life with! So sorry about the chemical a couple of cycles ago :( Hopefully, you will get your sticky bean soon! I would definitely go to your OB and see maybe why you are having such long cycles.

About the jealousy, As I mentioned above DH has my SS from a previous marriage and he had my SD from a previous relationship. As you can tell the mother of my SD is a real piece of work. I find myself getting very angry that both of these women had a child with my DH, but I can't. I have no children of my own, so we are TTC #1 together. The jealousy is tough, especially when one of the mom's is such a piece of sh*t. How come she got to have a child with DH and I can't? It just doesn't make sense. Plus, ALL of my friends on FB are having kids and it is HARD. The only way I deal with it, is to try and put it out of my head. Not to even think about them. It is hard though. I am trying my best not to become bitter, but I find myself inching closer and closer each failed cycle. I pray to God and try my best to keep pushing forward.
Sorry, if that didn't really make sense...LOL. I guess it is hard to put into words bc I just try and deal with it the best way I know how each time I read a new pregnancy announcement.

AFM, 13 DPO today and BFN. I am definitely out this month. AF should be showing her face on Monday. Only good thing is, at least I won't be on period at Christmas.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Me (Meaghan)-29
DH-31 (S/A: perfectly normal)
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010
11/23: HSG-All clear
4/12: 1st RE appt.
Feb. cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatals, B6, B12, L-Arginine, and Preseed=BFN
March cycle: Au naturale=BFN
April cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatal, B6, B12, and Preseed=BFP on 4/17/12@10 DPO!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Mae41083
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby indygirl297 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:42 am

Welcome Katie and Crystal!!
Crystal: Sorry for all of the stuff you had to deal with before. DH and I have been dealing with MFI for 10 years (we were told 8 years ago, but he knew it had to be him as his ex and him tried for 2 years with nothing, she got pg shortly after getting divorced). As for if we move onto IVF we will be using DH swimmers. As for the jealousy I try (as hard as it can be) just to think of what I have that they might not have, for example I just tell myself that I have a better husband or something like that when I really have no idea how their husband is. I always try to find the positives in my life. I also pray A LOT for understanding and to let the jealousy go. It is really hard when DH little brother announces he and his wife are pg without even trying. They recently had a missed miscarriage, but had the heads up it might be happening. And I felt really terrible because I didn't feel sorry at first (eventually I did), but they have a 6year old, 4 year old, 2 year old, and 1 year old and sometimes are overwhelmed and I just think why can't you wait till we have 1 (which is very selfish I know). I try not to feel that way, but sometimes can't help it. So I think the answer to handling jealousy is that sometimes we don't very well.
Meaghan: *hug* So sorry honey. You have been through so much also, I sometimes wish that Jon and his ex had a kid so we could have one of his in the house from time to time, but then she is such a wishy washy person I am afraid she just would have used the kid as pure torture against DH. I can't imagine what you go through I am so sorry.
Sharon I stopped charting a long time ago. i am thinking about restarting it since I am restarting clomid.
Danielle: any updates?
Hi to everyone else!!!
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Quick update: AF started yesterday when I got out of bed. Right on time. I'm like a friggin clock now. So no BFP for me this month. :( I'm dealing with it surprisingly well actually.

Welcome to our newest members.

Sorry I don't have much time to go into personals right now. Hoping to get back to the boards tomorrow when we get home.

Gotta go now! Sorry to keep you all hanging like that. (BTW, if you're ever curious about me, I always update my FF chart cuz I can do it on my cell. Feel free to stalk it for tests and stuff!)
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Over 12 Months