Yet another TWW... (Group thread, new members welcome)

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Yet another TWW... (Group thread, new members welcome)

Postby wannababy2011 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:46 pm

:welcome: to our new thread!
If you are new here, please answer the questions below so we can add you to the member list. As you can see, all of us have been TTC for well over a year. We understand the disappointments, frustrations and energy involved with every new cycle. Join us in our quest for a BFP!

Current members:

wannababy2011/ Danielle
Months TTC: 28 (minus two 3 month breaks); since Sep 2009
TTC Baby #: 1
Any losses/chemical? No. Never ever been pregnant :(

Mae41083/ Meaghan
Months TTC: 15; since Sep 2010
Any losses/chemical? Nope. I have never seen those two elusive lines..but all of my friends have

indygirl297/ Tiffany
Months TTC: 10 YEARS (minus a few months here or there for surgeries); since 2002
Any losses/chemicals? 1 for sure chemical/1 more possible chemical

greytsharonly/ Sharon
Months TTC: I count in cycles at lucky number 20; since early 2010
TTC Baby: #1 (just one at least, pleeeeeease)
Any losses/chemical? nope, never had the pleasure of a bfp

babyhopes2012/ Kelly
Months TTC: 47; Since Jan 2008
Any losses/chemical? Never ever been pregnant

Meaghan: So sorry AF showed. Sucks that you have so much drama to deal with right now also.

Sharon: I'm hoping good things for you!

Tiffany: Have you started your Clomid yet?

AFM: CD 4 today. Started my Clomid yesterday. Doc is going with same protocol again this month, I'll be be doing Clomid + hcg trigger with ultrasound and blood monitoring. God how I love being poked and prodded like a lab rat!!
Last edited by wannababy2011 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby greytsharonly » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Danielle,
You are awesome! I love the welcome. I am actually looking forward to the next month (I'm still counting myself as out unless a miracle happens).

I love all you ladies. This would be so much harder without you all to share things with.
Praying for good things, aka bfps!
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Sorry been really busy lately. DH birthday was today! He is now 33 offically (he's having a hard time with it since we dont have kids) his younger brother told him tonight, well its just 3 more candles than what I have, I replied without thinking and kind of rude, yea but you have 4 kids. Anyways my cycle finally really started today. Nasty cramps, had to take 3-600 mg daypro just to struggle through the day at work. I have been having the brown blood since Friday. So I start clomid this Friday. My IUI should be around Dec 26 give or take a couple either way. With progesterone draw estimated on January 3rd. I talked to my doc probably about 10 minutes or so on the phone, have I mentioned I love him?! Well I do, hes an amazing dr. I told him I hope I don't have to have it done on Christmas since I already took him away from family on Thanksgiving, his reply....If I have to come in on Christmas day its not a problem, I will do whatever I have to do to help you get a family....hes AMAZING!
Anyways:
Meaghan so so sorry af showed. I really hate her even more now than ever before.
Danielle glad to have a clomid buddy this month over the holidays. I will be doing CD5-9. I asked him about HCG trigger, but he isn't so fond of it, not sure why. If this cycle doesn't work I am going to ask for u/s and trigger next cycle. I feel like he should be able to do that if I make a big deal about it.
Sharon, I feel the same way. Its so much easier to deal with a journey if you have someone to go through it with that understands what you are going through.
Is everyone ready for Christmas? I only have a few more things to get for DH, 2 more nieces, my parents, and DH dad then I'm done WAHOO 8 out of 10 kids are done never been done that early before.
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
Aug 07: Lap, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy, and HSG
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI#3 clomid/donor sperm BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN
IUI #6 50mg clomid, IUI 12/26/2011 BFN
IUI #7 50mg clomid, 10K pregnyl trigger, IUI 5/26/12 BFN
IUI#8 6/29, clomid, trigger, progesterone BFN
Currently Taking a break, persuing other options.

http://firstbabyorbust.blogspot.com
indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Tiffany: Hope your DH had a great birthday. Mine is coming up too. The big 3-0, gulp! January is coming fast.
Wow, I can't believe your doc would come in on Christmas for you. That's awesome. I think that my clinic is closed that day but I have to find out for sure.

Sharon: I'm hoping that you get a miracle and AF stays away. Maybe you'll get a late BFP. Fingers are still crossed for you!

AFM: Having another saline sonogram on Friday. Doc wants to check on the septum and check for any scar tissue from the surgery. Not looking forward to that. It was very uncomfortable the first time. Next cycle monitoring u/s is on Sunday. Hopefully there will be some good follies growing!
AF is done. Just a bit of spotting today. Will be taking my 3rd dose of Serophene today. So far the only thing that's been bothering me are the hot flashes. I ordered my first tube of preseed on the wknd. I should be getting it this week. Hopefully that will help counteract the Serophene.

I'm almost done my Christmas shopping. Only 2 more people to buy for. I should be finished this wknd.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby greytsharonly » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Tiffany, do you always have brown blood (would you call it spotting?) for that long? I also spot for a long time (usually 2-3 days) before AF actually shows and it drives me crazy. It's getting harder to tell exactly what day to count as day 1. Especially since AF is getting lighter and lighter, probably from clomid.

I started spotting today. So much for a miracle. I cried this morning but now I'm feeling better. I mourned enough this weekend. And I might get to do one more IUI/clomid cycle since I am starting AF so late. My IUI would be around the 28th so I don't have to worry about it falling on x-mas. My doc isn't nice enough to come in.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Sharon: I'm sorry the spotting started today :cry: And yes I always have 2-3 days of brown bleeding, its more than spotting, before the red comes. So total of bleeding I have anywhere from 7-10 days of bleeding. Usually its 1 day of brown spotting then 1-2 days brown heavier stuff then the real cycle. I asked my Dr when to count day 1, he said with the red. A dr that was on call for him Friday and the weekend also said to start with the red. Isn't my doc awesome?! Not only does he come in on weekends/holidays, but he doesn't charge any extra! My dr up in Montana it was 100 bucks extra for weekends, and 150 if it was a holiday on top of the IUI price of 350. I was thinking really? Anyways, hes pretty awesome! Sounds like we might be doing our IUI on the same day, mine should be the 26, but could be as late as the 30 depending on my stupid body.
Danielle: I don't even want to think about my 30th, and yes his birthday was wonderful! Good luck on your saline sonogram, can you load up on ibuprophen/motrin/tylenol before it? Good job on almost being done with Christmas. Let me know how you like the preseed.
As for me, I am dreading the clomid, I was an emotional nut case today. I started crying on my lunch because my husband was running late to meet me. I thought that he just flat out didn't care, which is far from the truth. He was just helping a friend of his with some stuff, his friend actually bought both of us lunch, but I literally started crying on the phone. Then that made me super tired for work the rest of the afternoon (I stare at a computer and go through documents all day), anyways if I am already having these nasty mood swings makes me afraid of whats yet to come.
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mae41083 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 pm

:hi: girls!

I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone luck this cycle! I think I am going to be taking a break, at least for this cycle. I really want to relax and take it easy and I know I can't do that if I'm the board as much as I am now. I will definitely be checking in on you ladies though!

:babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: to you all!
Me (Meaghan)-29
DH-31 (S/A: perfectly normal)
SS-8
TTC #1 since Sept 2010
11/23: HSG-All clear
4/12: 1st RE appt.
Feb. cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatals, B6, B12, L-Arginine, and Preseed=BFN
March cycle: Au naturale=BFN
April cycle: 50 mg Clomid, Prenatal, B6, B12, and Preseed=BFP on 4/17/12@10 DPO!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Mae41083
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby wannababy2011 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I wondered where you'd gotten to Meaghan. I understand the need for a break. Sometimes you just need to reboot.

Sharon: Sorry to hear about the spotting. I guess we're all back to the drawing board this month. At least we're in it together! I also noticed lighter periods being on Clomid but that's normal cuz it does thin the lining.

Tiffany: My next cycle is due Jan 12 so I'll be at the end of my next tww for my birthday which is the 8th. Should make for a fun 30th. :roll:

Clomid isn't so bad. I get hot flashes and headaches from it as well as the odd mood swing but nothing horrid. I did 4 months of Clomid from March to July with only the one emotional breakdown. That was in April during my 2nd month but my first round with 100mg. I was worried about being increased to 150mg but so far so good!

This makes round 6 of Clomid for me. Maybe we'll hit the bullseye this time! Don't worry too much about side effects. You'll drive yourself crazy otherwise.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Danielle: I have been on clomid before, 3 or 4 months total I can't remember. The last time I was on it was last summer. I blew up at my BIL one camping trip because he took a gas can out of the back of our truck thinking it was his. I mean I let 10 years of frustrations on him fly....then the following month we were camping as a family again and blew up at my MIL because she was talking about a dog former mentioned BIL and SIL were thinking about getting. I don't know what came over me, but it was bad. I could see myself but couldn't stop myself. The first month I was on clomid was nothing terrible, a few headaches and sore bbs but that was it. My most recent month I had every side effect known to man adn then some. I am hoping this month isn't bad but we shall see.
Meaghan: I totally understand the need for a break, I thought I was at that point when I was told it was a BFN, but turns out not just yet. We all get to the point we just need a recharge, so enjoy your holidays, or try to anyways. And know we will be here when you are ready to come back.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Tiffany: Sorry to hear that you had such a rough time of it. I hope the "Clomid crazies" don't hit you hard again this time. Maybe they won't since you've taken it before. What dose are you on this time? Oh and I'll definitely let you know about the preseed. I'm hoping it'll help with the lack of EWCM.

Sharon: How are you?

Meaghan: We'll be waiting for you. Relax and have a great holiday.

AFM: Day 4 of Clomid so almost done for this cycle. Cost me $100 again. I can't help but think "I'm swallowing 20 bucks right now" every time I take them! Put DH on 200mcg of Selenium daily which is supposed to be good for sperm motility. We'll see.
Going to a birthday party on Fri night. So excited for that. I get to dress up and be all pretty for a change :) (I'm a "housewife" for now and spend most of my days in sweat pants.)
I'm off to put another load of laundry in the dryer. Have a good night ladies!!
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Danielle: I forgot what dose are you on? I will be on 50mg as my body responds well to that. Mine only costs 9 bucks for all 5. Anyways, have fun at the party...I want to dress up all fancy!

We are having DH christmas work party at our house Saturday evening. I was just told today that one of his coworkers got preg after only trying for 2 months, kind of sucker punched me right in the gut. I wish I didn't know till after the party, I have a hard time being friendly to preg people, does that make me awful? I am feeling more optimistic about this month to begin with than I did at the start of last month....I just wish it would get here already lol.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm taking a whopping 150mg again this month. I wish Clomid/Serophene was that inexpensive here. Even the 50mg cost me $40. Oh well. I guess you've got to give a little to have "free" health care. You're luck you respond well to the 50mg, the lower the dose the better I've heard.

It doesn't make you awful at all. We all go through those phases. You are entitled to be a little miffed when it's been so long. My BFF got pg the first month trying with baby #1 and then #2 was an oops. He pulled out and she got pregnant anyways. That was frustrating. She's been very supportive tho so I don't begrudge her her luck. I am hoping that I'll be able to have my first before she starts to try for #3 in a couple of years.

Glad to hear you're feeling optimistic. I don't feel anything yet. I think once I have my sono and my day 10 u/s I'll feel better. They'll give me an idea as to how many eggs are growing this time.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby greytsharonly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:36 am

Wow, so much is happening in your cycles already. Clomid never affected me that much except for getting irritated more easily.
I was going to do another cycle of clomid but I think I will take a month off and go back to Chinese herbs. It's hard when clomid is so cheap, $30 and the herbs are $80+ since I don't think they last a whole month. But I need a break for the holidays anyways.
My af cramps yesterday were horrendous and I was so moody I yelled at my students and felt bad afterwards. It's also the last days before Xmas break and we are all going crazy. Can't wait for a break!

My husband and I told a couple with kids that we were trying but it hasn't been working out ( in response to the "why don't you have kids yet") and they said "you should count that as a blessing. I hate people sometimes. I said in my head, "just because you suck at raising your kids doesn't mean that I will" as I smiled and laughed.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Sharon: I am sorry your cramps were bad. Mine were that way Monday, no wonder I had so many errors at work haha (we get reports back once a week). I hate people sometimes to, but I like what you thought to yourself. I hate it when people say, I will let you borrow mine, then you will change your mind on wanting some of your own. My DH just tells them, nope you won't get them back.

Well I am starting clomid tonight, crossing my fingers for no wackiness in about a week!
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Sharon: Ugh, cramps are the worst. Mine were moderate this month but they're gone now. Maybe you'll get lucky without the Clomid. I'm sure a break from work will help to relax you too.

Tiffany: Good luck with the Clomid this month. I hope it doesn't make you crazy.

AFM: My last dose of Clomid tonight, my saline sono is tomorrow and my next monitoring u/s on Sun. Will be away until Sunday night so I may not be back on here until Monday. Pray that I've got lots of eggies growing!!

Have a great weekend :)
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC Over 12 Months