Yet another TWW... (Group thread, new members welcome)

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby greytsharonly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Tiffany, what does checking progesterone tell you? I've never had it tested after ovulation before. Can it tell you that you might be pregnant? I hope the sore bbs mean something good (although clomid makes my bbs hurt a lot and that is what drives up my hope and makes me more depressed with a bfn). I would be truly happy if one of you gets a bfp (unlike how I get pissed when a fertile gets a bfp).

I so want this cycle to be over. It is taking forever! No symptoms here, at all. I am not positive what day it is except that I want to test on jan 10th. I decided that testing on my b-day would be stupid cause it would make me too depressed and if I would be so blessed to get a bfp then I would be stressed with worry. I want to enjoy my b-day even if I don't wanna turn 37!
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Sharon: The progesterone draw usually confirms ovulation. They also like to see it high enough so that a pregnancy can be sustained if it happens cuz that's what maintains the baby until the placenta develops. Unfortunately it means nothing as to weather or not you conceive.

Tiffany: UGH! How frustrating! I totally understand your rant. I used to see it all the time too because I was working in a doc's office for 3.5 years. We once had a 14yr old with a positive hcg draw. 14!!! Anyways, try to stay positive, you'll get there eventually. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? :)

AFM: Well let me tell you about my fun filled day yesterday. I was woken up about noon with some pelvic discomfort which turned into shear blinding pain within about a minute. OMG, it felt like someone was trying to cut me in half from the inside! Excruciating. No matter how I moved or what I did it wouldn't stop. I almost called 911 it was that bad. I think it finally subsided to a dull ache after about 45min or so. When DH got home I was still in pain (tho not as much) so we went to the ER. All they really told me was to take advil and if the pain is worse in the morning to go to the bigger hospital for an ultrasound. (They don't have u/s there, I didn't know that.) He figures that the cyst I have on my left ovary either ruptured or leaked which was my own diagnosis also. Today isn't so bad. I can function. There's still some pressure but it's not painful. Haven't had to take advil or anything. So thankful that it seems to have gone away but man, do I NEVER want to feel anything like that ever again!
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Sharon: Happy early birthday to you as well! As Danielle said, the progesterone draw is done post ovulation to see if you actually ovulated. Its my docs way of inexpensively monitoring if 50mg of clomid did the trick. i would rather him use u/s as my insurance covers it but hey I'm not the doc right?
Danielle: I could never work in a Drs office for that very reason. I thought about going to work for an ob/gyn with another friend of mine, but dealing with preggo people all day would just throw me over the top. I am so sorry about all of your pain. I've been there and done that. Once I was at the hospital 3 times within 18 hours because the vicodin wasn't cutting it, they told me to come back if it didn't help. So I did lol. Morphine was the only thing that could even come close, and 2 of the visits they had to give it to me twice. Hope your feeling better now.
As for me: nothing new. Bbs aren't as sore. I'm having a much better day than yesterday,even with a lady backing up at a red light last night and running right into DH and I front end of our pathfinder. I decided today had to be better than yesterday. DH interview was today, they told him not to plan on a decision till next Friday....really?! January is their big push month, and now they have to try to get through half of it without a service manager...YIKES! Anyawys hope you are all having a good day!
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
Aug 07: Lap, hysteroscopy, cystoscopy, and HSG
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI#3 clomid/donor sperm BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN
IUI #6 50mg clomid, IUI 12/26/2011 BFN
IUI #7 50mg clomid, 10K pregnyl trigger, IUI 5/26/12 BFN
IUI#8 6/29, clomid, trigger, progesterone BFN
Currently Taking a break, persuing other options.

http://firstbabyorbust.blogspot.com
indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi ladies! So I had to tell someone....my DH got the service manager job!!!! We are so super excited! That just more than doubled our income yay! And now I know that if our next 2 iuis or our current one, don't work we will be doing IVF no later than November. Takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. Anyways, on another note I broke and tested way early (I know shame on me, today is 11 dpiui) I thought I saw the test line on the answer as the test was working, then within 2 minutes the line was gone so I'm guessing it was just the indent as it was going across. No symptoms one way or the other still. My cp is way high, usually by now its down super low. Thats new, never happened before. Any big plans for the weekend for anyone?
Me (Tiffany):28 DH(Jon): 32 TTC #1 going on 11 years. DH has SevereMF. I have severe Insulin Resistance, metformin 2000mg/day to keep that in check. Also have ovulation issues
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby greytsharonly » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Tiffany! Yea, yea, yea! A higher paying job should be great. Hopefully the less worrying will lead to a bfp.
I hate a bfn when I test too early. There is so much doubt yet there is still hope that it is a false negative. It's the worst. Although i dont think 11dpo is too early. Was it a frer? On the other hand, the percent of false negatives is pretty high at 11dpo so here's hoping. And a high cp, that's good isn't it?

I am dying to know but I gotta hold out. These last few days (10dpo-14dpo) are what kill me the most. I'm not going to get into the things I am feeling cause they are the same as last month. I really want to wait to test until Wednesday but I might break down and do Monday. I only have 1 frer and I refuse to buy more...

I wish I had some symptoms. That makes the wait more fun :o

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:47 pm

No it was on an answer, but now when I look at it, there are two pink spots where the line should be and a very very very faint line, but it could be one of those wanna see it so its there kind of lines ya know what I mean? Right now I don't have any other tests in the house, and don't wanna drive the 5 miles to the store lol. I really want to test in the am though so I might detour if we end up going to DH bros house who knows. And I know what you mean....its the last few days that really bring on the torture!
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:25 am

Hi ladies just wanted to let you know I'm out this cycle. I am taking a break this month, after 3 failed IUI cycles back to back I just need a break. I broke down this morning, and DH told me to call in I am glad he did because I was a mess. As you all know infertility is a silent disease and people would have been looking at me like I was crazy at work crying and being all blubbery. Anyways I really hope to see one of you get your BFP this month. I will be stalking for updates!!
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby greytsharonly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Tiffany- I hear you. I totally needed a break and although I am still on here way too much, I didn't do any tracking and not a lot of worrying regarding ttc. Enjoy the time off. Praying it will happen when you let all stress go...
How is everyone else doing?!

I am almost positive I will get a bfn that I drank a whole bottle of wine on Saturday (10dpo) and it felt great! I was feeling sick later on in the evening and had to pass out early but man, I needed that.

I've had no symptoms and I decided I won't test unless I am late. AF is due Wednesday although I should start spotting today or tomorrow. Interestingly though...when I wiped today, just once, there were a few spots of red blood like I was bleeding from a cut and then I never saw it again the rest of the day. It wasn't like normal spotting which is browner or pink and more on the tp. This was like spots, just like putting a tissue over a cut. So I dunno. Never happened before but i think it's too late for implantation bleeding (12dpo). Fingers crossed.

What is weird is that I already wrote this cycle off and I am not stressing about whether or not I am pg. My husband and I have been fighting nonstop and this cycle was not relaxing and it was quite stressful so I assume that there is no way I am pg and that has made this month easier in that regard. Because of the fighting, AF will probably be late too. My husband doesn't want to continue with art and I am trying to come to accept the fact that I may never have a child. Anyways, we'll see. Right now I am trying not to think about it and hoping that I am pg so I don't have to worry about it any more.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello ladies.

Sorry to see that you're out Tiffany. I understand the need for a break tho. Time to recharge and prepare yourself for the next round. Glad to hear that your DH got the job. So excited that you'll be able to do IVF this year.

Happy birthday Sharon! I had some drinks too on Sat night and a glass of wine with dinner on Sun. I wanted to celebrate my 30th properly and not obsessed over the possibility of being pg. I haven't really paid too much attention to symptoms or anything in the last 4 days or so. Had so much going on I just haven't had time.

AFM: Had an awesome birthday. Saw my BFF and her boys on Sat morning for breakfast. Had dinner with my family Sat evening and later that night went out with my cousin (who's bday is Jan 9). On Sun, my DH took me out to the Keg for dinner. All in all, very good.
I'm 11dpo today and AF is due on Fri the 13th. How appropriate is that?!
We finally found a house that we like and are working on the financing so we can put in an offer. I've got 2 job interviews this week also! Things are looking up finally. All I need now is a baby. Fingers crossed I'll get there this year.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby greytsharonly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm out. Stupid AF showed today, on time and light as usual.

I've really been thinking about how this might be it for me. I really can't afford this nor can my sanity handle it. It's just sooo unfair.

It's not fair! It's not fair! It's not fair!

It's hard to picture my life without a child so it's been a lot of thinking trying to figure it out. How do people do it? I don't even feel sad. I think I'm feeling mad and frustrated and confused on what to do next.

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby indygirl297 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Sharon: I am sorry AF showed her ugly head. I broke down on Monday and took the day off (a little hard to focus your eyes on a computer when they are filled with tears). Anyways I feel the same as you. I am not really sad, but I am so very very mad. I HATE infertility...HATE HATE HATE it. There is no other word.
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby greytsharonly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:15 pm

I HATE unfertility too!
And I think it is so UNFAIR!

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannababy2011 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Well ladies, it looks like I'm out too. Started spotting this evening so AF should be here full on tomorrow morning. :(
I'm so frustrated. I just want some answers as to what's going on. What I want to know is WHY?
I guess we're all feeling down right now. Hopefully my luck will change soon. Off to the clinic on Sun for a day 3 u/s. More poking and prodding. Yay. Gonna be trying 50mg of Clomid this month so that will be much easier on my wallet.
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009

wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby indygirl297 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 pm

So my DH informed me today that if we do end up having to do IVF (Which I am planning on it), that before we go through it he wants to take me on a vacation to an island, like the sandals resort or something equivalent. He says it will be a great way to recharge our system before going through soemthing so stressful. I think thats just a few more thousand bucks to add onto something so expensive. We never really had a honeymoon (a weekend 3 hours away from home is no honeymoon in my books) so it would be kind of nice. What do you guys think?
IUI#1 BFN
IUI #2 BFN
IUI #4 Oct 2011 BFN
IUI #5 Nov 24,2011 BFN

indygirl297
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby greytsharonly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Do it! Taking a trip would be wonderful, especially in the winter to a tropical location. Although maybe you should do it during the tww of the ivf cycle since that's probably the most stressful part. Aren't all twws sucky?

Similar situation except that dh and I are having frequent date nights and taking a few natural cycles. I expect relaxing won't help (I haven't read anywhere that relaxation cures old eggs) but it will be a nice break if I can get my mind off the fact that the clock is ticking...

I'd still like to keep in touch. Do you want to start "another tww part 3"? We seem to be on the same cycle days and no one in my life understands what I am going through...

TTC #1 for 21 cycles

greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Over 12 Months