Just relax...

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just relax...

Postby ptcruzer80 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:09 am

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure we're all sick and tired of the well intentioned statement of "just relax, it will happen." In fact usually such a statement would trigger a stress response in me.

But I'm trying to take the advice seriously because I found my clomid iui cycles so stressful. I felt like I couldn't relax the entire month :-0

After three failed iuis and another RE diagnosing us with unexplained infertility, we're taking some time off of traditional medical treatments. Rather, in November I started acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. I read the Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis and also this article http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... octor-zhai

My husband is very supportive and started acupuncture/TCM also. Although we have unexplained infertility, I always felt like something was wrong with my period as I had horrible cramps, spotted brown for a few days before and after the flow, and every western doctor said it was fine or normal.

My acupuncture/TCM doctor is addressing these issues and for the first time in my memory, I didn't need to take any Advil during this period as the cramps weren't bad enough. Also, I had only 1 day of the pre-period spotting. So although I'm not pregnant after about 2 months, I'm starting to see results in my body which is pretty exciting!

Also, I've started listening to the Circle and Bloom guided meditation for natural cycles and have tried to start yoga (but the DVD is too hard... I'll have to find a beginner version). The guided meditation has really helped with calming me, especially when I get down on myself with the "why me's?".

I just wanted to share my journey a bit because after four years of being of contraception, I get a little lonely in my fertility struggle. I'm not exactly relaxed yet but I'm getting a little closer every day and can only hope that in the next few months I won't need to make an appointment for IVF.

Good luck and baby dust!
Paula
ptcruzer80
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby goobermom » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:07 pm

thanks for sharing!! i think it is always a good idea to try other options and to relax! glad to hear that your cycles/af have improved!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby greytsharonly » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:12 pm

I totally agree. TCM has made my period and cycles more regular. Even my bbt charts look great.
Me (sharon): 37 the worst- high FSH
DH (marc): 39 lots of sperm but low volume

TTC #1 for 21 cycles
FSH 19.9, everything else fine
-doing acupuncture weekly since July 2011
-Taking powdered wheatgrass, 50mg B-6, a mega multi-vitamin and fish oil (along with some TCM herbs).
-Also cut back on caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and white flour. Pretty much my entire diet before I started this.

7/2011 Clomid and lots of bding- BFN
11/11/11 IUI with Clomid #1- BFN super sad.
11/29/11 IUI with Clomid #2- BFN not fair!
12/2011- natural cycle- BFN very frustrated and angry.
greytsharonly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Over 12 Months