One year 'anniversary' of TTC #1

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

One year 'anniversary' of TTC #1

Postby Ravyndancer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 pm

June marks one year of TTC #1.

I already had a big cry about it.

I'm trying to cope with the disappointment, but it's getting harder every month. I don't want to become completely obsessed and stressed about TTC, but it is hard.

Just have to keep living my life and keep hoping for a BFP.

Any advice from ladies who've also hit the 1 year mark and struggled to cope initially?
Me: 39 multinodular goitre, completed 3 cycles of heavy metal detox, HSG Sept 20/12 - R tube open, L was slightly blocked, cleared during procedure, exploratory lap Feb 25/13 found mild endo (2 spots) removed and tubes flushed.
DH: 40 (healthy SA!)
TTC #1 since June 2011
Clomid cycle #1 100 mg CD3-7 April 2013 = BFN
Clomid cycle #2 100 mg CD3-7 May 2013 = didn't BD during fertile window = BFN
June 2013 - 2 years TTC. I give up. No more Clomid, no more temping, no more OPKs. Distraught :(
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katyogi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:39 am

Hi Ravyndancer,
I don't have any great advice. I wish I did. I can't say it gets any easier. Some months are harder than others. Let yourself cry and have your feelings. Do whatever works for you in terms of: crying, talking to friends, walking in the park, cuddling pets, getting drunk, writing in your diary, or whatever.

I've gotten better about not obsessing, most months. I don't temp and I don't chart any more, because for me it wasn't helpful and just added to obsessing.

Look at what's good in your life. Make the best of whatever you can. Staying up late and sleeping through the night sure don't make up for not having the baby we crave, but I allow myself to enjoy the things I can do because we don't have kids.

I hope you get your BFP really soon, and every moment of this wait will be worth it.
katyogi
Friend

Postby Ravyndancer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 am

Thank you for your reply!

Those suggestions are all GREAT advice!

I am feeling sad about not conceiving after one year, and it was especially hard going to my SIL's baby shower for my precious niece yesterday, but I don't want to become bitter.

I don't want to become angry and have a hate-on for pregnant women or women with babies. I don't want to spew negative energy because other's have been blessed with babies and I haven't...

but it can be hard!

I am going to try to just have fun and enjoy life for what it is and try to pamper and spoil my DH a bit, because he deserves it...

Thank you x
Me: 39 multinodular goitre, completed 3 cycles of heavy metal detox, HSG Sept 20/12 - R tube open, L was slightly blocked, cleared during procedure, exploratory lap Feb 25/13 found mild endo (2 spots) removed and tubes flushed.
DH: 40 (healthy SA!)
TTC #1 since June 2011
Clomid cycle #1 100 mg CD3-7 April 2013 = BFN
Clomid cycle #2 100 mg CD3-7 May 2013 = didn't BD during fertile window = BFN
June 2013 - 2 years TTC. I give up. No more Clomid, no more temping, no more OPKs. Distraught :(
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Typheni » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:28 pm

So sorry! Next month is my 1 year mark too. Hope and pray you get your BFP very soon.
Me (Tiffany)- 29
DH (Chris)- 32

Trying to conceive #2 since October 2014
:angel: Faith Lily- Our angel baby 12/2/11 @ 20 weeks-Trisomy 18
:angel: Chemical Pregnancy 5/29/12 @ 4wk3d
:angel: miscarriage at 9 weeks Sept 2014 after a surprise pregnancy
Rainbow baby: Matilda James born 3/30/13 8 lbs. 3 oz. 21 in. @ 11:51pm
Typheni
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katyogi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Ravyndancer,
That's a great idea about spoiling DH. I know this whole journey is hard on our partners as well, and they deserve some pampering as well.

I haven't had to go to any baby showers - I would have a very difficult time with that.
katyogi
Friend

Postby girliegirl7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Ravyndancer - I have been TTC #1 since April 2011. It's tough, and like everyone mentioned, some months are better than others. Get offline and try to keep busy with other things if you can. Travel, and if you can't go far, even go to a local hotel for a night and just treat yourselves to a nice 24 hours out, not talking about making babies or getting pregnant or ovulating or AF! DH and I have done some of these things as we reached the 1 year mark but it can get stressful. Think about all the things you can do that others who have children or are pregnant can't, even something a simple as really enjoying that cocktail or sitting at the movies. While these don't replace the heartache or trying to get to the end goal, it helps a little bit. Wishing you all the best!! :D
girliegirl7
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Over 12 Months