TTC almost 11 months ~ some advice?

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC almost 11 months ~ some advice?

Postby sweetskullz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Hello ladies! I'm kind of new here. I had a membership when I first started TTC and was so excited and thought I'd be pregnant in 2-3 months out onto the next phase, but as you can see, I haven't moved onto the next phase and wanted to introduce myself and ask a question.

I'm Danielle, 24 years old, my partner Mikel is 29 years old. I have a three-year-old daughter with a different partner, although Mikel has raised our daughter. We have been TTC since early September 2011 when I had my Mirena IUD removed. I was young when I got pregnant with my daughter, and not TTC but I had been off HBC for approx one year (the pill). This time around I got pregnant the first month of trying (Oct 2011) but lost the pregnancy at about five weeks. I have not gotten pregnant since according to my doctor. I've had positives, very early positives (at about 11-14dpo) then they have faded, which may have been evaps or could have just been early chemical pregnancies that I lost, who knows. I am about to get my period now, have some seriously watery discharge, but no other period symptoms (which occurred when I was pregnant with my daughter) but it's fairly unlikely I'm pregnant since we did not have sex during my O period, only shortly after. I have been charting since day one, etc. My OBGYN does not think we should do any fertility work on myself since I've had a child, should I be pushing this? My partner does not have medical insurance so unless we can find a lower cost clinic to do a sperm test, that is out of the question right now.

Where do I go from here? :/ I'm just really disappointed like I'm sure a lot of you ladies have felt from time to time & to top it off my partners sister just got pregnant. I'm so happy for them (honestly) they've been trying for about four years, and deserve this but at the same time I'm horribly sad about it too.

Last question, has anyone conceived a child before then had the Mirena IUD and had problems conceiving? I've found mixed research about this online.
sweetskullz

Postby brasil12 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Don't give up. Keep trying. I have been trying for 7 years.

I do know IUD can cause damage so you should talk to your doctor and ask. Maybe dr can check it out and see what is going on.

Be positive
brasil12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Over 12 Months