new +12month thread

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: new +12month thread

Postby radkitten » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 pm

I didn't find the HSG painful personally. At least not any worse then a bad cramps AF. After the HSG I cramped for 2-3 days. Then I cramped bad for my O that month till I got AF, and today I'm still cramping. CD 2 right now. My RE told me I could be more fertile for the next 3 months as well, as the HSG can "clear things out". I did have a chemical this month, for the first time in TTC over 6-7 years, ever. So that is definitely something.

Choobey, well, it helps my boss knows that if I had to have IVF, I wouldn't be. There's just NO WAY I can afford it. I can't pay 15k for a maybe, as much as I want that maybe =(. I'm going to struggle enough to pay for an IUI if I end up needing it =(. My insurance only covers diagnostics, no procedures, no medications. The SA isn't even covered =(.

Hopeful, what gets done really depends on your RE. My first appointment was on CD 12 and I had a vaginal ultrasound, a pelvic as it was close to that time of year for me, and about 16 vials of bloodwork. Then he had me schedule my HSG for my next CD7-12. I got mine done on CD 7. But I went right from my GP to the RE, I didn't see an ob/gyn at all.
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby choobey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Hopeful...my DH did go with me and gave a detailed medical hiostory to our RE. Fortunately, I don't have to travel as far for my appt. It's only 45 mins from me. 2 hours is a long drive, but will be so worth it when you get your BFP! And, I agree with Rad, it does depend on the individual RE, as far as what they do first appt. I just wanted to share what I had because of how disappointed I was, since I was expecting so much more. I almost didn't even get to have my PAP, as AF was still with me. Luckily, it was light enough so she could do it. I went for my CD 3 bloodwork today. That wasn't my RE's fault though, as CD 3 bloodwork can only be done between CD 2 and CD 4. I had just missed it. I wonder if it has anything to do with insurance or the area you live though? Probably not, just thinking out loud. But, most of the women I personally know that went to a RE (and most were different from mine) did not have too much done on the first initial visit. But, we all have the same insurance (as they are ladies I work with). That sucks. I wish I had as much done on my first visit as Rad did!! I also just went straight to the RE and did not go through a gyno. Well, regardless, at least the ball is rolling!!

Rad...I understand the IVF and not being able to afford it. I wouldn't be able to either. If it comes down to it, and I really am thinking it will, I'm screwed. It's not fair and should be completely covered. IF is a medical condition, just like diabetes. It is unfair that it is not covered. There needs to be a legal mandate signed into law requiring the health ins companies to cover it. But, hopefully the hsg will do the trick and you will get your BFP. It really is infuriating that IF is not covered. There needs to be a major change. Ok, I am getting worked up over IF coverage and sense a rant coming on, so I should probably stop now before I start!
Amanda: 34: DOR, POF, LPD.
DH: 41: Concentration: 58 mil. Motility: 38% Volume: 1/2 ml Morph: less than 3%
TTC: Month #41
Chemical 7/12
Chemical 11/12
8/29: IUI #1 100 mg Clomid and Ovidrel...BFN but left me with a 19mm cyst on left ovary :-(
September: IUI #2 Follistim and Ovidrel.... BFN
3/7: RE appt to begin IVF action plan!
Insurance is requiring 1 more medicated IUI before starting IVF.
IVF #1 to begin in April 2014, immediately following IUI #3 failure.
3/8: per RE, starting 600 mg daily CoQ10, first time using
IUI #3: 3/18 starting Gonal-F injections, Endometrin
3/22: trigger
3/24: final IUI
4/4: BFP!
4/8: 15dpiui beta 420
4/10: 17dpiui beta 785
4/14: 21dpiui final beta 2,885!
4/18: 1st u/s! 1 beautiful sac and fetal pole seen!
4/25: 2nd u/s, saw the beautiful heartbeat!
choobey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby choobey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Rad....you wouldn't happen to know off the top of your head all of the tests you had done, do you? I didn't have nearly as many vials as 16! I just want to make a list of the tests that could/should be done and keep track of them all. Now I'm kinda wondering why I didn't have 16 vials. I love my RE and she is wonderful and came highly recommended, but why didn't I have that many tests done with the bloodwork? Why send me again if I could have had all of it done at the same time? Do you think she's just doing the basics and then waiting for my DH's SA to come back before sending me for more? She already discussed having an hsg, so why wouldn't she just do all of the blood tests? Did you already have DH's SA results prior to your testing? Hmm, now I have a ton of questions that I'm probably going to stress and obsess over!
Chemical 7/12
Chemical 11/12
8/29: IUI #1 100 mg Clomid and Ovidrel...BFN but left me with a 19mm cyst on left ovary :-(
choobey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful29 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:56 pm

I am a certified phlebotomist, and 16 vials is A LOT of blood! They can run a gillion tests from each vial, so as long as they did one of each top color (green, gold/red/tiger top, purple, maybe blue) then you are definitely covered and they can run almost any tests! So, dont stress over that!
me: 29 DH: 31
TTC#1 since Jan 2012 - "unexplained infertility"
BFP March 25, 2013 - estimated due date December 3, 2013!!!
hopeful29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopeful29 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:01 pm

My RE appointment is April 1st. Was really hoping to get in this week, but couldnt. My second choice would have been the week of march 25th bc unless we get a BFP this month, i will be starting a new cycle then. So by april 1st ill be several days into the next cycle and past day 3, and was hoping to get that bloodwork done. Im trying not to think of it as wasted time or cycles. . .But its hard :/
hopeful29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby choobey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Ok, you made me feel so much better hopeful! Thank you! I don't know what color the tops all were, but there was only 3 vials taken. But, you've made me feel better! Thank you!!

As for the RE appt April 1, and how it is past CD 3, I understand completely. I will say that I was very disappointed that I had to wait for a whole new cycle to get the bloodwork done, but I did feel a little bit more confident that at least the ball would start rolling soon. I didn't expect a miracle and was not shocked when AF showed, but at least I knew once the witch was here, I could get tested. But, your RE may do more than mine did! I didn't tell you my experience so you would go in expecting nothing to be done. I just expected more from my particular RE and was disappointed that more couldn't be done. I wish someone had told me to not go in expecting a lot. BUT, AF was still with me when I went. Like I said, if she had been any heavier, I wouldn't have even been able to have my PAP that day. Even though you will be past CD 3, maybe there is more that can be done for you. How long does AF hang around for you? I have the witch for a full week and she's EXTREMELY heavy for the first 5 full days. If you have the witch for a shorter amount of time, or not as heavy for as long, then there really may be more that can be done for you, even if you still have a little bit of residual AF. I have her full on super heavy for CD 1-CD 5. CD 6, she's a medium to light flow, and CD 7 she's light. But, she starts out full on heavy and stays like that for the majority of her visit. If you don't have that issue, then maybe more can be done!! Also, if you've had any past tests, u/s, etc done, that could put you at an advantage. I had NO previous testing done, so it is like I'm starting the beginning basics with a gyno. I just skipped the gyno because of how long I've been ttc. And, I would have gone to a RE sooner than I did, but I had insurance issues due to identity fraud. That was a nightmare that I'm still fighting. But, I've finally reached the point in my battle where I can go to a dr now. I couldn't go to my old gyno, who I liked, because they will no longer see me since I owe them money. I don't really owe them anything, as I had insurance and paid my co-pay. But, because of the identity fraud, my insurance didn't cover the bills and I'm still fighting to get it taken care of. But, anyway, I went off topic there, lol. There may be more that happens for you!! I can't wait for your RE appt!
Chemical 7/12
Chemical 11/12
choobey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:15 am

Choobey:

I only had 16 because they went to 4 different testing facilities, and he did a full STD panel just to be sure. He seriously thought I had undiagnosed PID because of the amount of partners I have had, so he ran the STD panel even though I told him the one I had right before I met my DH was clean and I'd only slept with my DH since then (who is also clean).

DH hasn't had his SA yet, but he got his ex pregnant previously (with BC pills + spermicide, she had an abortion though as she is 100% against having children and they wouldn't let her tie her tubes, still wont actually), so while it may have changed since then, it's less likely. Whereas I tried for 2 years with my ex fiance, and now almost 5 with my DH and have had nothing. My ex-fiance having also gotten a previous g/f pregnant (she had an ectopic). Which I also gave him all of this history and he agreed that the biggest problems probably lie with me.

I also haven't had CD 3 bloodwork done, and he hasn't even mentioned it to me. At this point he seems pretty sure my problem is with my egg quality. When I went to my 1st appointment I was on CD 12 and I had already O'd. He actually asked me to confirm the date of my last period like 4 times because I O'd so early. So he said he thinks I am O'ing too early and that the quality of the egg is bad because of that. He said it looked like I O'd on CD 9 or CD 10. Then on my 2nd appointment for my HSG, my bloodwork had confirmed those thoughts because my HSG was clear and my bloodwork all came back good except for elevated testosterone, which he said can affect the quality of my eggs. So I go back in April some time to start some hormones to lower my testosterone and then we go from there he said.

I'm really just crossing my fingers that all I will need are some medications. I really can't afford to pay out of pocket for multiple IUI's etc =(
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:18 am

hopeful29 wrote:I am a certified phlebotomist, and 16 vials is A LOT of blood! They can run a gillion tests from each vial, so as long as they did one of each top color (green, gold/red/tiger top, purple, maybe blue) then you are definitely covered and they can run almost any tests! So, dont stress over that!

Haha yeah. I normally am just fine giving blood, donating, etc. So when the nurse asked me if I wanted to sit or lay down, I just sat in the chair. Well, it ended up that I got pinned in the chair by another nurse and they stopped 3 vials short and waited a little bit. Then they had me lay down to get the other 3. They made a note in my chart that I now have to lay down for blood draws :rofl:
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby andromeda22 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:22 pm

My HSG was pretty easy (just had it 2.5 weeks ago). I went straight back to work afterwards. I spotted a little bit for a couple of days but no cramping.

In other news, I tested on Friday because I wanted to go out to a bar with some friends (supposed to get AF on Sunday) and nothing (still only had 1 drink). AF didn't show up on Sunday though, or yesterday, so I tested this morning......

BFP!!!! well not BF, but definitely P, it was faint, but I'm pretty sure it was there.

it was on an internet cheapie, so I'm going to go buy a fancy one to take tomorrow morning. Hubby is out of town right now, so you guys are literally the first to know!

I guess either the HSG or pineapple core (or combo) did the trick for me, along with the fertiliTea, preseed (only as lube, not internally), and every other day BDing that we have been doing for months now (started out everyday, but it just got too stressful).

I'd like to stick around this board though to see you ladies through (i know your days are all coming soon) and the off chance it's just a chemical or such. You guys have been such a great sounding board!
me: 30 (healthy), DH: 29 (healthy)
Married: 5/22/10
TTC#1: since Jan '12
andromeda22
Friend

Postby hopeful29 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Andro!!! That's wonderful news!!! So happy and can't wait for you to take another test to confirm it!!!! I would have rushed to the store right then!!! Will you wait til your hubby is home to tell him?!?

I think DH and I have timed BD well this month...I started taking my bbt so i'll see tomorrow if I O'd today or not! I have a RE appt April 1st, but would LOVE to be able to cancel it!!!

Yayyyyy again! :D
hopeful29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby andromeda22 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks!! I took another Internet cheapie this evening (still +, still hard to believe) but I want to save the expensive one for the first morning pee ;)

If tomorrow's looks good then I will have to think of something special to do for my husband (he'll be home on Thursday morning), definitely something to tell in person I think.

Also, I got to call the dr to cancel my next blood test and schedule a first ob appt!! I know you all will get to experience that joy soon too!!
andromeda22
Friend

Postby hopeful29 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 am

Andro- did you POAS this morning??? How'd it look?
hopeful29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby andromeda22 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 am

Hey hopeful!

I did poas yesterday morning and the digital popped up "pregnant" in like a minute! I bought a bunch of pink and blue balloons, a St Patty's day card that I taped the HPTs to, and a onsie that says "I'm a wee bit irish" (I'm hispanic, but he's irish) and filled the bathtub with the balloons and put the onsie and card on top (first thing DH does when he gets home from traveling is shower ;) ). When he went into the bathroom this morning i tried to wait outside quietly with the camera, I heard him open the shower curtain and go "huh?" then open the card and he came bolting out to give me a hug. sadly he was in his birthday suit so it's not a picture I can really share with people, lol.

Did your bbt indicate that you O'd when you thought you should have this week?

rad - i hope you don't even need the medications, you still have a try or 2 left before then! I was O'ing pretty early as well, until I started drinking the fertiliTea and then my cycles lengthened by about 2 days
andromeda22
Friend

Postby choobey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Andromeda...CONGRATS!!!! :congrats: :hh9: :wave: That's so amazing and I'm so happy for you!! And, what a great way to tell your hubby!! That onesie sounds super cute!! I should look for some Irish onesies, for if I ever get pregnant. Now is the best time to get them, and I didn't even think of it. I'm Irish and Polish, but my dh is 100% Irish. Oh, but I have a friend who is Hispanic and her dh is Irish and, holy cow, their child is GORGEOUS!! It is absolutely a beautiful combination! I always joke with her that, if we need donor eggs, I want hers because of how beautiful the two go together! We were actually just joking about it last weekend, so your comment made me smile. Congrats again!! How exciting to be making your ob appt!
Chemical 7/12
Chemical 11/12
choobey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful29 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am

What a cute surprise!!! LoL that he was in his birthday suit! That will be a funny story to tell the baby some day.

Idk whats going on w my body :/ I got a STRONG positive ov test tuesday and wednesday, so just knew i would ovulate wednesday night. My bbt was up from my "normal" 97.3-5 to 97.9 yesterday so i thought i probably did. Didnt take a opk yesterday bc i was out of town shopping (and thought i had Od). But this morning bbt was back down to 97.4 so i was confused by that. Took a opk and still got a pos test line :/ im glad i started taking my bbt and that i have my RE appt coming up. Obviously something is out of whack! and at this point, i only have like 10 days left in my cycle before expecting AF! :doh: :(
Last edited by hopeful29 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hopeful29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Over 12 Months