Laparoscopy for fertility at 33 TTC#1 for 10 yrs

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Laparoscopy for fertility at 33 TTC#1 for 10 yrs

Postby losalfaro » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:48 am

Hello ladies,
I'm 33, still TTC #1 for the past 10 years of marriage. Been pregnant 4 times, 3 ectopics and 1 miscarriage. We've recently moved to TX, I'm not working, hubby wants me to distress and get fertility stuff done while unemployed. We've seen an RE who recommends laparoscopic surgery since all my past studies say that I have nothing wrong. I'll be having that done in 2 weeks and when I start new AF then we'll start IUI. I'm very excited but a bit nervous now that it's almost here. My AF is very late this month, so RE wants me to take b/c to normalize it, I don't want to take b/c for I think it will delay my TTC even more.
Anyone have experience in laparoscopic surgery for infertility and was it a success to achieve a pregnancy? Thanks for sharing.
losalfaro
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Laparoscopy for fertility at 33 TTC#1 for 10 yrs

Postby flapjack1027 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:08 am

just wanted to say Good Luck and hope you get your BFP soon. I have been ttc going on 11 years , no BFP's yet, so I know what its like to try for so long! I did have lap done back in 07. I have unexplained infertility, and have not sought treatments since my lap due to lack of insurance.

baby dust to you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Me- 31
DH - 35
Married 10/27/2001
ttc since 2002, "unexplained infertility"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Is anything too hard for the LORD?" -Genesis 18:14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 113:9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
flapjack1027
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby losalfaro » Sat May 04, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks flapjack! Very sweet of you! I wish you luck too.
losalfaro
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Enthusiasm4life » Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Hey ladies! 5 years ttc #2. We have a ten year old daughter unplanned. 27 yrs old.
On our 5th round of clomid just found out we have a left blocked tube according to hsg test :-( shoulda done that test long time ago.
Anyways had my cd 14 ultrasound today and the egg is on the left. Which as we know I'm not getting pregnant this month so dr scheduled a laprascopy and hysteroscopy for the 31st.
Losalfaro I get nervous too when it seems closer! Be positive- I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later :-/ get the procedure done and hope for the best!
Enthusiasm4life
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby losalfaro » Wed May 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello ladies. Well I had my laparoscopy 1 week ago. It was painful the first 3-5 days but now I'm doing pretty good! I had a blocked tube, some adhesions, and some cysts. Dr hopefuly fixed everything :) I go in Monday to see how I'm doing. The worst part of the surgery was inserting the IV, the nurse couldn't do it at the 4th try so he called someone else who did it till the 5th. I almost fainted!
losalfaro
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Enthusiasm4life » Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 am

Losalfaro-
So I have to get a lap done at the end of the month. My ultrasound shower a possible left side (where the tube is also blocked) possible dermoid cyst or mass! Omg I'm freaking out. I just have been through the fertility ringer here and am going crazy with all this bad news!
Enthusiasm4life
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby losalfaro » Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Emthusiasm4 life,
Relax, it's not bad at all. I was a bit nervous as time was coming closet but I was pretty relaxed until they hurt me 5 Times trying to put in the iv but as soon as that was over the anesthesiolist came in said hi and started telling me something while putting I'm about 5 drops of something to my iv then I don't remember anything till I woke up. The pain and bleeding lasted about 5 days but now at 1 week And 2 days I feel great, I already want to go back to the gym but dr said 2-3 weeks. My follow up is this Monday.
Did you hear about the tornados in Texas yesterday? Well I moved here 2 months ago. Now that was scary the surgery was a piece of cake.
Don't worry you'll be fine. The meds for paim help a lot and you sleep like a baby.
losalfaro
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Enthusiasm4life » Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Losalfaro-
You mean they put you under? Did you have to go to the hospital for the procedure?
My doctor does these in his office. I hope I don't have to go to the hospital. Gosh I just don't know what to expect! What are they gonna find uhhh!
I didn't hear about the tornados.. Well maybe I saw a glance of it, I steer clear of the news most times it's so depressing'
Good luck and and thanks for chatting with me I sure appreciate it :-)
Enthusiasm4life
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby losalfaro » Fri May 17, 2013 8:32 am

Enthusiasm, yes it was an outpatient procedure. You're in and out that same day from the hospital. I would think they have to put you to sleep. The cuts are very small, I have 3. 1 by the belly button for the camera, and the others will be depending on the sides you need work on. I think it was worth it for me, my doctor was able to go in and fix things that aren't fixable with meds.
Good luck
losalfaro
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Enthusiasm4life » Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Losalfaro-
When did you say you had this done? I still have my appointment I don't think I have a choice, after ttc x5 years this is my best bet. I'm doing it right before my period is due. The 28 th this month! Anyways let me know what they found and why they wanted it done in the first place?!
Enthusiasm4life
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby losalfaro » Fri May 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Enthusiasm,
I had it done may 7th. I've been ttc 10 years and I wish I would of done this years ago. I had it done because I want to try everything possible except ivf. I've had 3 ectopics and 1 miscarriages yet all my studies have shown there was no reason for infertility.
losalfaro
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Enthusiasm4life » Fri May 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Well maybe you will get your bfp this month! You'll have to let me know- feel free to private message me. I'm like 4dpo not keeping track really because this month is a bust since my egg was on the left blocked side. Thanks for all the good advice :-)
Enthusiasm4life
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby losalfaro » Fri May 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Not this month cause I O'd on the Friday after surgery and still didn't feel up to baby dancing. Hopefully next month!
losalfaro
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Enthusiasm4life » Fri May 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Oh boy! I'm getting mine a few days before AF even starts, so I hope by the next O I'll be up and ready to bd in the two weeks after AF starts!
Thanks so much for all your info and help :-)
Enthusiasm4life
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC Over 12 Months