Depression

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Depression

Postby loveandmarriage » Sat May 18, 2013 7:23 am

Think I am getting seriously depressed. Life keeps throwing so much at me and dh. Financial issues, fertility issues, life issues. I can't take much more. I have went from being anxious to hopeful to sad to angry to this point. Now I don't feel anything, which I think is very bad. I truly don't feel anything. No emotion what so ever about anything. I can't even cry anymore. I think I need professional help but in our current financial state that's not happening. Any advice would be helpful. Anyone been like this before. I am an emotional person but now nothing. I know that feeling nothing is bad but I don't even feel sad or confused or anything about that. Please help.
Me: 26
DH: 28
Together since October 2006
Married since August 2008
TTC #2 since October 2008

ME
Lab work 4/12: hormone levels and thyroid are good.
u/s 4/29: microscopic cysts on both ovaries. Another u/s in August to ensure cysts have not grown.
HSG 6/19: no blockage everything good
Gyno 7/8-vaginal u/s and clomid prescribed
+hpt 7/15-never taking hpts again. They are inaccurate.
-beta 7/19- HCG 0.
8/14: start Clomid 50mg CD3-7
9/1: Blood work to check progesterone levels

DH
Urologist 5/20
SA 6/12-Count 97 million, motility good, morphology 2.5%
Urologist 7/1: complete sa results, IUI suggested

ImageMy Ovulation Chart

loveandmarriage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Depression

Postby Menehune » Mon May 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Loveandmarriage - I'm so sorry u r feeling depressed. It certainly sounds like its time to seek help. Have u tried checking out resources at resolve.org? Does your employer offer an employee assistance program? Depending on where u r located, there are free programs and services that could help u. I know that family and friends don't necessarily understand the emotional lows that come with infertility, but they're a good starting point until u can find a professional to speak with.

Best of luck to u and hang in there!
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wannabemom777 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:59 am

Hi

I can understand and identify with how you feel. Sometimes you don't know what to do or where to turn. But one thing I've learnt is not to dwell on the negative for too long. Yes I through myself a pity party but then I start thinking about all I have going for me and I start to count my blessings and encourage myself. I also pray and found that singing and dancing picks me up.
As mentioned there definitely are places who offer help at no cost. Maybe visit your local church and see if they can refer you

Psalm113 he makes the barren woman to keep house and be a joyful mother of children
Ttc #1
Ttc since 2009
Havnt been on bc for 20years.
Blocked tubes now inblocked. Started clomid
Clomid round 1 feb 28. Day 2 - 6. Bfn
Clomid round 2 mar 29 day 3 - 7.
I'm thanking Jesus for a bfp
Hubby on dr prescrip to improve mortility

There shall be no barrenness among you male or female. Thank you Father in advance for my Bfp
wannabemom777
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby loveandmarriage » Sun May 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling better now. I got over my funk and I'm just constantlt looking forward. I try not to think about how long we have been ttc or any of the negative going on. I just focus on the positive. It really helped when doc didn't find any hormonal issues and ruled out pof, which was her initial concern. We should be able to have another child. Have a game plan and just look ok ng ahead now.
Me: 26
DH: 28
Together since October 2006
Married since August 2008
TTC #2 since October 2008

ME
Lab work 4/12: hormone levels and thyroid are good.
u/s 4/29: microscopic cysts on both ovaries. Another u/s in August to ensure cysts have not grown.
HSG 6/19: no blockage everything good
Gyno 7/8-vaginal u/s and clomid prescribed
+hpt 7/15-never taking hpts again. They are inaccurate.
-beta 7/19- HCG 0.
8/14: start Clomid 50mg CD3-7
9/1: Blood work to check progesterone levels

DH
Urologist 5/20
SA 6/12-Count 97 million, motility good, morphology 2.5%
Urologist 7/1: complete sa results, IUI suggested

ImageMy Ovulation Chart

loveandmarriage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Over 12 Months