MTHFR & Followup Results

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

MTHFR & Followup Results

Postby radkitten » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 am

So I've had the follow up with both my OB/surgeon and my RE now and the results are all in. Backstory: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213041

The OB removed my left tube due to severe endometriosis damage. He said it was only large enough for the sperm to get through, but physically impossible for a fertilized egg to make it back out. So he removed it for my health and fertility. The tube was also positive for a pregnancy, so I did have an ectopic.

Right ovarian cyst was related to the pregnancy hormones. Labwork came back benign. He drained and removed the cyst and I got to keep my ovary intact !

The rest of the lap showed that I had some pretty severe scarring on my left side from endometriosis activity, but that my right side is completely healthy looking. No currently active endometriosis was visible in my abdomen. He said there may be some, but I was too swollen for it to be clearly visible and it would be minimal in that case.

Miscarriage bloodwork showed I have homozygous MTHFR A1298C. He prescribed me folgard, prescription prenatals, and told me to pick up low dose baby aspirin.

Anyone else with homozygous MTHFR been able to get pregnant and carry to term or have any recommendations?

Thanks!
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Over 12 Months