TTC#1 for over 3 years...

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC#1 for over 3 years...

Postby NewMrsB » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:19 pm

stopped using BC 3 years ago (March 2010) we have had periods of active TTC, charting etc, and periods of just having regular BD and seeing what happens. Not one BFP in that time. Well not one BFP ever.

Had the tests, all checked out fine for both of us, so our infertility is unexplained, which is hard to deal with as I like to be in control and know why something isn't happening, you know? Started on clomid Dec 2012 but only did 2 cycles as the side fx were pretty bad and I was so devastated when AF showed that I couldn't take it anymore so stopped charting, stopped clomid and we just maintained BD'ing when we felt like it (which prob isn't often enough).

Then one month I spotted on CD16, and was so excited as I never spot so I thought, wow, that must be O bleed. But it got heavier and lasted for 5 days. Had lots of tests done at the docs and they didn't find a reason for it, and the net cycle was normal length for me, 26 days. Doc said maybe it had something to do with the clomid. The good thing about that is that I saw a new doc and she actually cared about our TTC journey rather than just referring us back to the gynae who just said clomid for 6-9 months then if you're not pregnant by your 34th bday (nov this year) I would recommend IVF.

The doc re-ran my ultrasound (they found a cyst last time) and it was all clear, and my bloods, that showed a low prog. Which maybe means I didn't O that cycle.
Now, I feel ready again, and we have a plan. I have bought a clearblue fertility monitor to see if I am O'ing, as temping doesn't work for me, and if I am, we'll try using that for another 6 months before considering IVF. If I'm not O'ing, I'll take clomid again.

The curveball is, as I am writing this, I am waiting for AF to show.. And now a tiny part of me is thinking, could this be it? It's probably not, and it will probably come later or tomorrow, and if so it will still be positive as it means my cycle is getting longer (I was worried about a short luteal phase).

Anyway, that's enough from me, anyone else in the same boat and can offer support? All my old TTC buddies are preggers so dont post as much anymore.
Me: 34
DH: 36
BFP 17.01.2014 after nearly 4 years of TTC#1
6 cycles of clomid - all BFN
Got pregnant the cycle before IVF
MMC 18.03.14 had 12 week scan, baby died at 7+3
Medical management - miscarried 8.4.14
NewMrsB
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: TTC#1 for over 3 years...

Postby kmac321 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm

I know how you feel...we have been TTC for 2 1/2 years now and so far it is unexplained. I have never been diagnosed with anything, no blocked tubes, regular cycle, husbands tests came out normal..

I decided to join the site yesterday because I found out my younger brother is having a baby with some girl he's only been dating 3 months and I had a complete melt down and figured I should try talking about it (even if it is in an online forum).

My husband and I are becoming increasingly bitter and already considering giving up altogether and moving to Mexico lol
kmac321
Friend

Re: TTC#1 for over 3 years...

Postby NewMrsB » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 pm

hey kmac

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you are going through all of this. My situation has gotten a bit worse sadly. The TTC has been put on indefinate hold as I ended up cheating on my husband last week. I am all over the place. There was actually a point when I (admittedly very drunk) ended up thinking "maybe this will get me pregnant.. :(

Told my husband straight away and he, once he had calmed down, was very understanding which makes me feel worse. We are trying to rebuild our marriage and started counselling, but its going to be a long haul. Cant bring myself to sleep with him now..

Sorry, I havent really spoken to anyone else about this. I guess thats what forums are for eh?
Me: 34
DH: 36
BFP 17.01.2014 after nearly 4 years of TTC#1
6 cycles of clomid - all BFN
Got pregnant the cycle before IVF
MMC 18.03.14 had 12 week scan, baby died at 7+3
Medical management - miscarried 8.4.14
NewMrsB
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC Over 12 Months