just hit the 1 yr mark :/

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

just hit the 1 yr mark :/

Postby ames11283 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:45 am

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and my ttc background. It would be great to chat with some ladies with similar issues.

I'm Amy. Im 29 yrs old and Married with one ds from previous marriage. Dh and I have been ttc my second child fora year now. Never expected it to take this long and we are very discouraged, especially seeing all our friends around us starting their families so easily.

We started out not really keeping up with dates and ovulation and all that for a couple months then tried soft cups. We tried bd'ing every day, every other day, just around the middle of my cycle...and still nothing. In the past 4 months or so I ordered opk tests and tried those. I usually get a pos opk on cd11. So we do our BD routine around then. One thing I've noticed tho is that my opks seem to stay pos for over a week. I'm gonna keep taking them this cycle and see when it returns to normal. I also just started temping this month. Its cd11 for me and got my pos opk this am. Lots of ewcm the past couple days so we've been taking advantage. Also using fertility friend. We haven't been to doctor yet about the issue. Just beenwaiting it out. Hoping for the best.
ames11283

Re: just hit the 1 yr mark :/

Postby Tinleykw16 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi Amy! I'm Tinley, also 29, ttc #1 for 17 months. In the process of fertility testing with my OB. Had an HSG test done this cycle & tubes are clear but don't have hubby's results yet. I'm having a lot of symptoms this cycle, as I've heard you're more fertile after the hsg test for a few months. Hopefully this will be our answered prayer! I also ovulate around cd11. So I'm around 7dpo. You tried temping at all? I'm terrible with remembering in the morning... Usually do OPKS and look for cm & pains in ovaries. Hang in there! We may be starting clomid soon.
Tinleykw16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Fedupofwaiting » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Amy, i have also been ttc for 12 months now. I'm 28, Dh 29 and ttc#1 for us both. Seem to have tried everything, cbfm (to check ovulation), OPKs to check cbfm is working haha, preceed, prenatal vitamins, varying amount of time we BD ( sometimes every other day,some months ever day around O), lying with legs up for 20 mins etc etc... Yet no luck yet. Persuaded DH to come obese Doctor this month and although I was worried she might tell me to " keep trying" she was lovely and sent me or blood test and DH for SA test. We get the results tomorrow ( very nervous!) doctor mentioned no matter what test results are she may refer us to hospital anyway as we have been trying for over 12 months and I showed her my chart I had been keeping to ' prove' I had done all I could..... So frustrating but I have hope for us all :)
Me - 28yrs
Dh - 29yrs

Ttc #1 for over 3 years with MFI

1st IVF cycle in June 2014 was negative. 3 frozen blasts

1st FET in nov 2014 - BFP however miscarriage at 7 weeks :(

2nd FET in March 2015 - BFP :)

No one has ever wanted anything as much as I want you
Fedupofwaiting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HNR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:59 pm

I have passed the 1 year mark. 15 months so far, and AF came today (dang)! I'm 28 with endometriosis, had a laparoscopy 3 months ago and doc was hopefully things would go well for us. DH also 28 has been checked and everything was good. It's hard not to wonder what else could be wrong sometimes, but trying to stay positive and not over stress..... easier said than done :)
HNR
Friend

Postby Fedupofwaiting » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:17 am

Hi everyone, today was the day of my 1st hospital appointment so I took a test 1st thing which was BFN (10dpo)... Appointment went just as I expected, asked few questions n looked at all our results... So far looks like no issues with me in terms of ovulation n stuff but she did query my lap being so short (11days). She did internal exam n said everything looks normal. She told us not to chart n do opks as she thinks increases stress ( not sure what I think bout that yet lol), DH has to have another SA test in feb and I have to book in for dye test to check my tubes. I asked what if results come back same n she said prob refer us for artificial insemination but not to think about that yet... She spent lots of time telling us not to worry etc ( huh if only we could stop worrying!)

So that was that, just got to wait til results of these next tests I guess :/
Me - 28yrs
Dh - 29yrs

Ttc #1 for over 3 years with MFI

1st IVF cycle in June 2014 was negative. 3 frozen blasts

1st FET in nov 2014 - BFP however miscarriage at 7 weeks :(

2nd FET in March 2015 - BFP :)

No one has ever wanted anything as much as I want you
Fedupofwaiting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby casey83 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Just hit 12 month mark this cycle. Currently 7dpo, I think... hoping we caught the egg this time. We have decided to give it a rest after this cycle. But I really wanna see two lines!

Me: 31
DH: 30
After 13 months of TTC, we gave birth to twins in 2008
DD: 6
DD: 6
Trying for #3 since June 2012
Suspected CP February 2015
March 2015 u/s, inflamed left tube
April 2015 u/s, left tube seemed normal...? 100mg of clomid
May 2015, HSG scheduled
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes, only IVF for us.
casey83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Over 12 Months