New member TTC over 12 months

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New member TTC over 12 months

Postby allidc » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:16 am

Hi everybody

I just wanted to put my story out there. I used to be on FF but let my subscription expire sometime ago. I became too obsessed with reading the forums and I got triggered and burned out. Anyway, I find myself back on the fertility forums because I am in the TWW again and it is one year this month since our last pregnancy that ended in an early MC and I am starting to feel some desperation setting in.
My DH and I started TTC in August of 2012. I have regular cycles and show no obvious signs of any fertility issues. My DH got an SA in 2013 that was normal. I charted my BBT for a while, but that got old and tiring so I just started going by CM and OPKs. After the MC, it took 6 weeks for my HCG to go down from 60. It was horrible and I had to get my blood drawn a million times to make sure it was going down all the way. I bled for 30 days. Finally, when my HCG went down and I had my first normal cycle, my DH hurt his back at work. Also, my DH started on an antidepressant over the fall which caused him to have some performance issues. Because of this, we were only able to try sporadically through the summer and fall of 2013. We had some decent months of trying through the winter, but with no luck. I quit a very stressful job at the end of February that I believe was affecting my fertility in a negative way. I started trying to take better care of myself by doing yoga. I tried to stop obsessing about trying and just enjoy my life, but as you all know, this is very difficult.
I am now around 9dpo and I have already started POAS, which always causes me undue heartache but yet I continue to do it!!!
My question for you all is, if this is not our cycle, should I go see the OB to start some testing? I stopped officially counting cycles of TTC because of how goofy this journey has been so far. There have been at least 12, probably more like 15. I feel hesitant to go through all of the rigamarole of testing, especially when we did get pregnant once before and my cycles are normal. Any thoughts or stories of similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Allison
Me: 31
DH: 35
TTC since Aug 2012
MC: May 2013 at 5w4d
allidc

Re: New member TTC over 12 months

Postby B Michaelson » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:31 am

Good question. I would see an ob or a dr and ask about referrals and testing, but it's something you need to be comfortable with too.

We started ttc Aug 2012 too but with a 6 month break and a couple bfp's I still feel like we need to give it more time. It may also be harder given I only have one tube though. Everything online says 12 months, but once you add in a few losses or months off it's hard to know how to count it all.

There is no harm in getting some bw done, or an hsg just to make sure all is well and if they want to put you on meds then you can decide from there.

I declined meds because it would be unmonitored and I hate the idea of not knowing whats going on.

Here it takes 4-6 months to get into an RE so that is always a factor I try to consider when looking at my timeline.

Whatever you decide, I hope it all works out and you get your rainbow soon.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby allidc » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:56 am

Thanks for your response, B. You have been through a lot on your journey. I feel for you. I started AF today, so I think I will call my OB/GYN tomorrow and make an appointment for some bw and go from there. If there is something wrong, I don't want to waste anymore precious time.
Me: 31
DH: 35
TTC since Aug 2012
MC: May 2013 at 5w4d
allidc

Postby B Michaelson » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 am

That sounds like a good idea :)
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014