Ttc for well over a year :( opk questions

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ttc for well over a year :( opk questions

Postby Wish2Bamommy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Hey guys,

I'm 29 and my husband is 28, we have been ttc actively all of the 3 years we have been together. I've never used medication or opk's we were just Bd'ing and hoping.

Lately I've been obsessing about us having a baby and I've decided to start using clear blue OPK's from my next cycle which starts roughly on the 11th of feb. I've also started taking 'trying for a baby by seven seas'

I genuinely don't understand why I haven't gotten pregnant so far, all of my sisters have one or more children and being the oldest I feel like it just skipped me?

Has anyone been ttc for a long period of time then had success with OPK's I guess it just hasn't been the right time yet, for a while my periods were messed up sometimes starting every 2 weeks or being late but lately they have regulated and everything is fine. I have a 30 day cycle which roughly lasts 4-5 days per cycle.

My husband wants a child as much as I do, I hate thinking I might not be able to concieve and it crushes me. I've been buying baby items whilst ttc and it started making me feel more positive about our situation.

Any positive stories or guidance would mean the world to me

Thankyou xx
Wish2Bamommy
Friend

Re: Ttc for well over a year :( opk questions

Postby Jzscott » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi Wish,
I've been TTC for over a year now and have had once success but it ended in a miscarriage. I've also been diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus, factor V which is a blood clotting disorder, and I have very long and irregular cycles. I already know what my issues with becoming pregnant are and I'm so sorry that you're lost in why you haven't conceived, especially with such normal and regular cycles.

Have you talked with any doctors about why you may not have conceived yet? Perhaps it's not you at all and maybe your husband should be checked out.

As far as opks go, I have not used them but I didn't want to read and run I thought I would respond anyway. I think they are a great place to start. You could be ovulating later or earlier than you're suspecting making it hard to predict when to have sex. At least they will let you know when you're ovulating and you can base future cycles on that. I'm thinking I will start using opks if my current cycle doesn't end in a pregnancy.

Good luck!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wish2Bamommy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Aww bless ya hunny!! I'm so sorry about your loss that must be heartbreaking for you! Sending you baby dust and hopefully you have a baby soon!!

I'm looking forward to Opk's I'm hoping they are the answer to our prayers! We have decided that we will try naturally for 6 months using vitamins, opk's and a thermometer and if we still aren't blessed with a child that we will go to our doctor for help.

I'm always happy to see pregnant women but it hurts me at the same time, I sometimes cry myself to sleep thinking that I'm broken.

I find buying the occasional baby item every now and again helps keep me positive about pregnancy. I don't believe in jinxing it at all as I've never bought baby items in the past and it hasn't worked.

So hopefully we both have children soon Hun!!

Thanks
X
Wish2Bamommy
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:13 pm

I don't think buying baby items will jinx you at all! I'm glad that it helps you keep positive! Have you ever seen "UP"? Every time I watch it and they get to the part where the wife finds out she can't have children and they've already decorated the babies room and put up all the furniture I bawl my eyes out. Infertility is just such a sad experience. It is tough seeing mothers with babies or multiple children and wondering if it will ever happen for us. Luckily we live during a time when we can get help for things like this. We have OPK's, basal body thermometers, medication, etc. If we lived 200 years ago we might not be so lucky to have our own children. Let me know how using OPK's and taking your temperature goes. If this cycle doesn't work to get me pregnant than I will be starting it as well.
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wish2Bamommy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Aww thankyou Hun it's nice to have a little bit of reassurance :)

True Hun, it's so sad!!

I will let you know, I'm praying it's r time to have a baby I've been trying for so long!!

Good luck Hun x
Wish2Bamommy
Friend

Postby seasidebaby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:24 am

I read your past and just had to reply-you sound so much like me and my situation!

Are you in the uk? Just wondering if you have had any fertility tests yet as at 1 year ttc your gp will refer you.

My husband and I have been ttc for 2 years now-had our tests and all normal, have been told to give it another 6 months.

I'm seeing these 6 months as my last chance to get pregnant without help. I'm hopeful that we'll get our baby eventually but I'd love to not be filled with hormones and needles!

We previously took a calm 'let's not wreck our sex life' approach, but have now decided to up our game and in a weird way its been kind of romantic-being in it together!

Anyway, getting to the point! Because of all this, this month is the first ive tried opks and I didnt get a positive til day 20! My cycle is also 30 days and the app I had on my phone predicts I ovulate a lot earlier. So im glad ive used them and note wondering if we've just not managed to time it right in the past? Time will tell!

I got real down a few months ago so came off facebook (ugh so many baby announcements!) And have focused on a healthy eating regime. I also started taking 7 seas! I love that it's designed like the pill so I have a morning routine of taking it, weighing myself and peeing on an opk! I think anything like this that you can do and control is great for your state of mind when you have so little control over when the babies make an appearance!

Really wishing you the best and feel free to get in touch if you're ona high or low emotionally!
seasidebaby
Friend

Postby Wish2Bamommy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:05 am

Seasidebaby :)

Thanks so much for your reply, made me feel like I'm not alone in this!

Tbh I've always been scared of going to the doctors at the risk of finding out I Carnt conceive :'(

I'm hoping that opk's will help guide us a little bit more, I'm the same Hun, been thinking about leaving fb as every post seems baby related, I don't know if all of a sudden everyone I know is pregnant, I work in a shop, so I'm face to face with pregnant couples or couples buying baby items, maybe I just never noticed it before??

Yes I'm from England too!! How did u know? Lol

I don't want to put too much pressure on our relationship but it's so hard when it's something we are both so desperate for. People always tell me I'd be a great mum or ask when we are going to have kids, I always just shrug and say one day because it's too hard to admit to them that it's what I'm longing for!!

I heard that seven seas was amazing for balancing hormones and regulating periods so I'm truly hoping that plus opk's are the answer :)

I really hope you fall pregnant soon Hun!!

Good luck

And thanks for your support :) we should be ttc buddies, would make a change from only talking to my DH as I don't want to add too much pressure

Xx
Wish2Bamommy
Friend

Postby seasidebaby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 am

Just wrote a huge reply and got an error that lost it! I will send a message from work comp tomorrow :)
X
seasidebaby
Friend

Postby Wish2Bamommy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:52 pm

seasidebaby

Okay Hun xx
Wish2Bamommy
Friend

Postby Babydewy?! » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi, you guys sound like you're in exactly the same position as me. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for just over a year. We originally tried the we'll just see what happens route then got quite down when after 6 months we still had no baby on the way.

I then had a major downer about 10 months in and decided that I needed to see the doctor to have tests and ensure nothing was a miss. Since then we've been using ovulation sticks. I have a scan today to check for polysystic ovaries as the sticks didn't seem to show ovulation last month. I may have just missed it though but I want to be sure.

My husband has had his sperm checked and he is all ok.
So I feel the pressures on me. The doctor now says we need to forget about it and just hope we get pregnant. If we have no pregnancy in the next 6 months she said to go back and look at the next options.

maybe we can help keep each other going as I'm really feeling quite down about it all at the moment. Especially since everyone I know seems to be pregnant! I've had four of my friend tell me in the last month :( (still really really happy for them just wish I was in the same position).xxx
Babydewy?!

Postby Wish2Bamommy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Baby dewy!?

Hi Hun, aww bless ya! I think all 3 of is are in the same boat.

I'm hoping that we conceive naturally but it doesn't seem to be looking that way :(

I've been feeling down too! It's a horrible feeling, would be so nice to have people to talk to who I have this in common with as it find it hard to talk too the peoe in my life about it, other than my husband.

If you want my email address just pm me and we can have a chat.

Good luck with having a baby Hun really hope it happens for all 3 of us

Xx
Wish2Bamommy
Friend

Postby Babydewy?! » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Wishtobamommy

Thanks for the reply :) had my scan last night for PCOS. I won't get a discussion of the results for a few weeks but the doctor who scanned me briefly told me I have signs of PCOS on one of my ovaries. Don't want to read too much about it until I've seen the doctor but it possibly explains why it might be taking a while to get pregnant if I'm not ovulating every month!

Just re-read your initial post, I would def recommend opks I have used a few different brands but found the clear blue ones are best I find (unfortunately also the most expensive).x
Babydewy?!

Postby LadyMusicSoul3 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 pm

I'm there with you in a similar situation. We have been TTC for about 3.5 years, but have not seen a doctor yet. About 2 months ago we decided to get a little more serious and both started to take a host of vitamins. This month, I bought an OPK. I figure we will start there but today will only be my third day using OPKS (started the day after AF left). Seeing as we will not see a doctor until we give this an honest try (and my school year and summer school are over) which is around July, we are going to try some small steps for now. If my OPKs for the next 2 months are normal, I'm going to buy an at-home sperm test so we'll have an idea of what is wrong. We have a few ideas. We both have children from previous relationships though.

So, I don't have advice on OPKs for your but I'm willing to go on this ride with you! I'm using the Answer brand and am CD8 right now so no lines of course. I haven't started buying any baby items but I definitely look at, touch, and smell them every time I go in the store lol. One of my best friends just had a baby and I was there when he was born (yes, I cried) so now he's my little snugglebuddy. I hide my baby-shopping behind shopping for him. NONE of the other women close to me are having babies right now so that's a relief. I couldn't handle it at this moment.
LadyMusicSoul3
Friend

Return to TTC Over 12 Months