Need some HOPE

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Need some HOPE

Postby ttc-muslimah » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:51 am

I got off BC one year ago, after 5 years of being on it. We've been ttc that long too. The first 4 cycles my hubby and I were living in different states so I'm guessing he just wasn't visiting around ovulation. Then after I finally move with him, we were super stressed for 3 months finding a place to rent and moving. Then I become depressed from severe homesickness.

So could there still be hope?

I would love to hear any success stories of natural TTC for over 12 months or similar situations!
ttc 1 yr
Me: 26 (ds age 10 and 5 from previous relationship)
Hubby: 37 (dd age 7 from previous marriage)

My Ovulation Chart
ttc-muslimah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Need some HOPE

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:01 am

Hi there,even though i don't have a succes story to tell you I do wanna give you hope,a woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant every cycle,for some take over a year to get pregnant,have you tried opk's,temping,?!Of course stress is a problem when you are TTC.I wish you good luck!!!And don't worry medicine is very advanced today so almost anything is posible as long as you still have hope!I have been trying for 2 years and I been trough many tests and I still hope i will get pregnant!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ttc-muslimah » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Danaa wrote:Hi there,even though i don't have a succes story to tell you I do wanna give you hope,a woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant every cycle,for some take over a year to get pregnant,have you tried opk's,temping,?!Of course stress is a problem when you are TTC.I wish you good luck!!!And don't worry medicine is very advanced today so almost anything is posible as long as you still have hope!I have been trying for 2 years and I been trough many tests and I still hope i will get pregnant!!!

Sorry I took so long to reply. Thank you so much for your response.
I pray you get pregnant soon!
I am temping and next cycle I will pay more attention to my cm. My husband is also getting his swimmers checked.
The DR told me she could put me on clomid but from my chart it seems I'm ovulating so Idk if that would even help.

How long have you been charting your temperatures for?
I saw from your signature you had an HSG. How was that? I'm worried I may have to have one because when I was 15 I got an infection and I read that certain vaginal infections can cause scaring to the tubes.
ttc 1 yr

My Ovulation Chart
ttc-muslimah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Hey,I just saw your message,I have been charting right after my laparoscopy since november,I really enjoy it bcs I feel like Im a bit in more control
Of everything,always know when my O date is and my temp drops the day AF supposed to show up I also know that lutheal phase is 12-13 days,I highly suggest tempig.My HSG was really easy not very painful,is good that your husband is getting an SA,if you have been TTC over an year you should get your hormones tested and get an HSG.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stillhopeful85 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:55 am

Salam ttcmuslimah and Dana! I hope you don't mind me joining. I've actually been looking for a ttcbuddy group for Muslims and came across this group. Anyway, my story is 1 8yr old wonderful daughter, and trying for child number 2 for 15months. It's disheartening, but alhamdullilah my faith is totally keeping me going. IA soon for all of us eh?

I've had my HSG, don't be afraid of it, it's not bad at all and knowing what is up with your tubes is the best feeling. No matter what - if there is scarring then better to know about it and know what you can do about it.

I am now on clomid for the first time, this is the first medication I am taking for ttc, and I just had my first pill today.

iA this is the month. xxx
29 y/o / live in London / One wonderful child = 8 years old. Conceived very quickly @ 20 y/o, no fertility issues.

-Actively ttc since December 2013.
-PCOS with Irregular cycles.
-HSG (Jan 2015) showed clear tubes.
-First clomid cycle (Feb/March 2015). Chemical pregnancy.
-second clomid cycle March/April 2015.

Using: opks (IC and CB), clomid days 2-6, temping, EPO, grapefruit juice, folic acid, hijama therapy(cupping) and prayer.

My Ovulation Chart
stillhopeful85
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ttc-muslimah » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Wa alaikum assalaam
I'm on my second month of charting and after this month I also have to go back to the doctor. I'm going to get some blood work done this weekend.
I definitely agree. I love to chart it's so empowering knowing what's going on with my body.
ttc 1 yr

My Ovulation Chart
ttc-muslimah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dana.Mum » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:13 am

Salam!
Unfortunately I do not have a success story, but according to your post, it seems that the reason why you haven't gotten pregnant so far is because of extreme stress, depression or simply not BDing around Ovulation. Maybe now that you live with your hubby and are over the stress phase, AND started charting, you might actually have a chance in conceiving. As long as there is no health issues, I'd say your chances are pretty good naturally, by the will of Allah.
KUP!
Dana.Mum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Over 12 Months