TTC 14 months, new to the forum

This board is for anyone TTC for over a year or longer.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC 14 months, new to the forum

Postby kaytm27 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:09 pm

Hello all~

I've never posted on these forums, but here's our story...

DH and I have been TTC #1 for 14 months now with no BFP whatsoever. He's 31 and I'm 25. I chart, take my BBT and use OPKs...I show a temp shift and get a positive OPK every month I've taken them. I've never even been on BC because I never wanted that to be in issue when I was ready to start a family. My cycles average 31 days.

In February, DH and I mentioned our struggle to our PCP who ordered just some pretty basic labs to check our nutrition status and Thyroid...which were normal for both of us. However, my Prolactin was very high at 68.8..I was surprised by this because I'm asymptomatic and it seems like most women with high Prolactin don't have periods/don't ovulate, have nipple discharge, etc. I on the other hand have heavy/painful periods that last 7 days. I guess I'm also worried about Endo :(.

DH's SA was normal, except poor Morphology at 5%. The RE who read the test said he didn't suspect a significant male factor though because he has a high motile fraction at 98%.

I'm going to see my OBGYN in April to discuss further testing...perhaps check on my other hormones, maybe an HSG. In the meantime, I've been seeing a Holistic Doc for acupuncture and herbal blends to try and bring down my Prolactin.

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for any advice, hope, kind words, or friends in the TTC world! I've been feeling pretty isolated and down through all this...everytime I turn around there's someone new announcing their pregnancy. I hope we get our prayers answered soon! <3
Attachments
download.png
Current Chart
download.png (15.51 KiB) Viewed 714 times
kaytm27
Friend

Re: TTC 14 months, new to the forum

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Welcome and I'm sorry to hear about ur struggle with ttc.This site is full of nice kind understanding women!You had all the basic test but I highly recommend getting an hsg.FX you get ur bfp soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kaytm27 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks for your reply! :)

I'm definitely going to push for getting the HSG done when I see my OBGYN.
I know 14 months isn't nearly as long as it's been for some people, but the unknown aspect is still frustrating nonetheless. I'm excited to hopefully get some better answers from these tests!
kaytm27
Friend

Postby Danaa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Katy 14cycles is long enough to get worried.Your doc should be able to schedule you for an hsg.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Over 12 Months