?s for Moms who got BFPs after taking out Mirena IUD

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby Ariadne » Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm

I got my first Mirena at 23 without ever having had a pregnancy. My periods stopped around 3-5 months in, though I continued to spot intermittently for about a year. Not quite 5 years later I had that one removed and got a second one put in on the same day, and continued to not get periods until the second one was removed March 16th of this year. In total I used Mirena for 6.5 years.

I got a period that started 2 days after the Mirena was removed, ovulated on CD18, and got my next period on April 17 after a 12 day luteal phase. This cycle I am pretty certain I O'd on CD14, and got a BFP at 10dpo.

I did have very regular cycles before I went on the Mirena, but was still pretty surprised to have them go back to being regular (or nearly so) so quickly, given that I had no period for 6 years. It's still way too early in this pregnancy to know if it will be a sticky one though (my period isn't even due until Sunday).

Hope this helps!
My Ovulation Chart

:angel: D&C at 9w3d (HB stopped at 7w5d) June 21, 2012

BFP August 15, 2012 - Baby girl born May 2, 2013!
Ariadne
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mommylo » Thu May 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I had Mirena for almost 4 years. We got our BFP on the 3rd cycle after removal. My period wasnt normal the first cycle but the second it was and the 3rd was my BFP. I do have a short 24 day cycle and a 12 day lp. I never had a period with the mirena in so I was concered about it coming back normally but it did. good Luck to you!!!
mommylo
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members