Fertilized, Didn't Implant, Now How to Calculate O?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Fertilized, Didn't Implant, Now How to Calculate O?

Postby StephSo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 pm

I am 99% sure an egg was fertilized during last ovulation but didn't implant. REALLY sore breasts, frequent urination, constipation, and none of my typical PMS symptoms. Then about 10 days DPO I had light spotting which I thought might be implantation, but then have had my full period - much heavier, bigger clots, and longer lasting than any in recent memory. The spotting started at day 27 of my cycle, and I normally have a 31 day cycle or more. How do I calculate ovulation now? Am I less likely to get pregnant during this cycle since I had fertilization last cycle? Any suggestions for improving implantation chances? Me and DH are just starting TTC, and I just turned 33; anxious about fertility and how long it will take to conceive.
StephSo
Friend

Postby SamLeeC » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Steph!

Didn't want to read and run on this, that's pretty bizarre about your symptoms and then getting a period. I did get heavy brown spotting (enough where a pad was needed for 3 days) and it turned out I was actually pregnant.

I unfortunately am not real sure about how to calculate your ovulation, wish I could help more!
SamLeeC
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby dyeanotherday » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:50 pm

just check your cm should be stretchy right before you o . . . it is deff possible to get pregnant right after a loss i did

dyeanotherday
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Thanks!

Postby StephSo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks! Here's hoping that this month sticks!
StephSo
Friend

Postby wannagirl2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:15 am

I don't think having a fertilized egg would cause any symptoms, unless it tried to implant.. that's the only time it actually has any effect on your body..

I guess what I'm saying is our bodies are clueless of a fertilized egg floating along our tubes unless it's trying to implant.

Maybe just count cd 1 as period day 1 just like in any other cycle..
Me-37 DH-47 DS-16
Hashimoto's Hypothyroid, Homo MTHFR, Factor V & PAI-1.
(4 years and 4 early losses)

Infertility & Miscarriage conqueror
Thank you JESUS!
No Longer TTC, Just a Cheerleader!
wannagirl2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Grayce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 pm

I went through the exact same thing last month. I miscarried August 25th. I was told that it was fertilized, just didn't implant. Therefore, I started my period just a day later than usual. I too had constipation, and my abdomen felt like I was constantly flexing my muscles. Nothing else crazy though, that was about it. I hope for the both of us that we get healthy little babies very soon!!
Grayce
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Fertilized, Didn't Implant, Now How to Calculate O?

Postby wannagirl2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 am

I don't understand how your bodies could be effected by a fertilized egg if it never implanted. I mean it would have to implant to actually have an impact on your body, or else it's just floating around in there.

Did your dr. explain that to you? After 4 years TTC I learned a lot more about TTC then I would had liked to ;) and I'm curious the way that would work.
Me-37 DH-47 DS-16
Hashimoto's Hypothyroid, Homo MTHFR, Factor V & PAI-1.
(4 years and 4 early losses)

Infertility & Miscarriage conqueror
Thank you JESUS!
No Longer TTC, Just a Cheerleader!
wannagirl2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Annieb1988 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Sorry, but that's not physically possible. There is no way of knowing if an egg was fertilized (you can look for symptoms of ovulation, but not every egg gets fertilized, I hope you realize that...).
The egg itself does nothing to your body until it implants, and even once it does, it takes many days to weeks until you feel any symptoms at all.
Getting a period if a fertilized egg didn't implant is not a pregnancy, chemical, or miscarriage. It's a period.
Annieb1988

Postby Annieb1988 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:31 pm

If you're confused about the biology of pregnancy, you should pick up a book or talk to a doctor. You can't have symptoms during the TWW (prior to a bfp) because there is no hcg in your system. Many women think they have them, but it is because of normal hormonal fluctuations.
Annieb1988

Postby Grayce » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:37 am

I went to my OB, got blood work, had an HCG of 456, and it was a confirmed pregnancy.....only ...baaarely 3 weeks they said. I started to miscarry about 3 weeks later. Yes I was pregnant,, yes I had symptoms, but no, the egg misimplanted and my period began....just a longer one.

I think what you said Annie is rude, and very hurtful. Women on here are just looking for advice and help. Maybe you're just trying to help, but it came out very wrong. If you would like to belittle then I suggest you go to Babycenter.
Grayce
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby melwing » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Grayce... I completely agree with you. There is so much that people don't know about pregnancy or that has been discovered recently because of better testing etc. I had a miscarriage in August at 6 and 1/2 weeks. I felt different 1dpo...feel that way again so fingers crossed. BUT I 100% believe you can just "feel" different right away. The fertilized egg is not just floating, it at the instant of fertilization is changed so no other sperm can enter. Your baby's genes and sex are set. It stay in the fallopian tube yes, but within 24 hours of being fertilized starts dividing very fast into many cells. After which it attaches or implants in the uterine lining 6 - 14 days later. It may be microscopic, but the work that is being done by the body is very much the opposite.

I don't know about you, but if a women says she feels whooped or hormonal or just different I believe her!

Just my opinion.
melwing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shan8080 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 am

It's really quite difficult to pinpoint O, but what I can suggest and what worked for me, is to chart your BBT.

I know it's really quite painful to do this every morning, but it worked for me. Keep charting your BBT from day 1 of your period - I started BD from day 8 onwards and kept doing it until my temp spiked. The day my temp spiked, I BD-ed too.

That month that I religiously took my temps, was the month I was blessed.

Good luck.
shan8080
Friend

Postby christine_all » Tue May 17, 2016 5:05 am

If you do your research, you will see that you can definitely have symptoms before implantation. As soon as the egg is fertilized it starts sending out immune destabilizers so that your body won't attack the egg. For me, I instantly got a really runny nose, felt tired, etc. I have been using the app 'what to expect' and it outlines all of this.
christine_all

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members