U/S showed cyst, no follicle but had + advanced digital OPK

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

U/S showed cyst, no follicle but had + advanced digital OPK

Postby heat32 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:59 pm

I have had lighter than normal periods in a row. I started lightly bleeding again 5 days after the end of my last period. The ultrasound showed fluid so the doctor said I either ovulated earlier than I thought or I had a cyst that burst. This was on CD 10 and she said there was no follicle to become a Dominate Corpus Luteum showing on the ultrasound.
However, on CD 12 I had a positive for ovulation on the Clearblue Advanced Digital. I am 32 and have just recently began trying to get pregnant for the first time. . . I go in on the 31st to check my progesterone levels to see if I did indeed ovulate.
Is it possible that a cyst on my right ovary, seen in an ultrasound, was actually a dominate follicle still developing?
heat32

Re: U/S showed cyst, no follicle but had + advanced digital

Postby Tryingfor1st » Tue May 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi I just had a scan yesterday and they saw a 5cm cyst on my right ovary. She said it was hard to tell if I'd ovulated this month because the cyst was in the way and I had some fluid around which she thought was my body reacting to the cyst. So I guess it is possible that your cyst was a follicle or that the cyst was hiding a follicle.
The lady told me that my cyst was filled with blood. She could tell exactly what it was. Sorry I can't help much. Good luck
Tryingfor1st

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members