Is this a BFP?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Is this a BFP?

Postby alidc73 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:52 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here and just starting out... Excuse me if my TTC lingo is lacking. I've never been pregnant and I'm 27 years old. I'm really freaking out because I really think I'm pregnant. I'm 5 days late on my period and have very regular periods, I've been tracking using Ovia and keeping close track of them. My last period was April 28-May 3rd--mine have been 5-6 days long for a while now since I came off Nexplanon and they started back. I ovulated around the 11th or 12th this month, based on how I was feeling... I always get strong pelvic pains on one side when I'm near ovulation.

My lower back has been sore as heck all week, my breasts are very tender and feel fuller--there is slight spillage in my bra and I never have that problem, I've had headaches off and on and I'm so tired I end up in bed before 9 every night, and I'm a night owl normally. Over the past few weeks I've noticed I've been nauseous with constant burping--I would feel slightly better, then start that feeling all over again like I just need to heave something up but can't.

I've tested several times in the past few days since I've been late but they've all been negative... I've used dollar tree brand tests mostly and one ClearBlue digital. Well this morning I tested again with another digital test and it came up "Not Pregnant". However I read reviews on them that said sometimes it won't pick up if the line is not strong enough so I pulled the thing apart and looked at the test strips. Am I crazy or is that a BFP? It's faint, but it's there? I sent my DH out to the closest store, Dollar General, to get another test and all they had were their cheap brand. Well it came out stark white, nothing, nada. And I made sure to use yellow pee.

I just need some advice or opinions... Should I try another test? I was going to order some test strips but those will take a few days to get here. Its hard to wait.
Attachments
image.jpeg
(81.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
alidc73

Re: Is this a BFP?

Postby moggiee » Mon May 30, 2016 11:49 pm

There is something there, From what I have heard the blue dye ones can cause false positives (I have never used them). My advice would be to go get another test and try again. But obviously you have done that. Id give it a few days. You might have ovulated late. Otherwise test again in a couple of days
moggiee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Is this a BFP?

Postby adsloan10 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:15 am

Never pull apart digital tests because they will always show two lines!

However, digitals are not as sensitive as regular tests so I would go buy an FRER and try that.
Andrea

DD 3/5/2007
DD 9/10/11
DD 8/29/12
DS 10/29/14
DS 8/31/16

My Ovulation Chart
adsloan10
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members