successful conception vs unsuccessful conception (Symptoms)

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

successful conception vs unsuccessful conception (Symptoms)

Postby Gemini » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:05 am

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board and this is the first time I'm posting a question. I'm sorry if I'm posting it in the wrong spot. I'm still trying to figure out how this board works,

Anyways, I've been trying to get pregnant for 10 months now with no luck. Throughout the entire time there's one question that has always crossed my mind.

For those of you who have been pregnant before, I was wondering if, after ovulation + successful conception, your body operates in the same manner as it would had you not conceived?

To be a little more specific, 2 days after ovulation, I always experience a lot of very white and thick cm. This usually continues off and on until my period. Had I successfully conceived this cycle would my cm also change as well?

To add to that question, a week before my expected period I always experience one day where I'm very bloated (i.e. I'm very gasy. I apologize for tmi), and one day of constipation (the day before my period). Had I conceived, would these symptoms also occur on schedule?
Gemini
Friend

Re: successful conception vs unsuccessful conception (Sympto

Postby carrotk » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:30 am

Unfortunately there isn't really any good answer because early pregnancy symptoms and pre-AF symptoms can be so similar. The only thing for sure that I've found is that until implantation occurs ( between 6-12dpo) your body isn't even producing pregnancy hormones, so nothing will really change in how you feel. The month I got pregnant I was convinced I was out because I had all my normal PMS symptoms right on schedule. Although I'm wondering since your pre-AF symptoms are so specific maybe you would notice earlier?
Hypothyroid
March 2014: BFP, baby girl born 11/2014
Nov 2015: started TTC #2
July 2016: BFP - m/c @ 10 weeks
Aug 2017: BFP [8/1 beta 1: 6, 8/4 beta #3: 37]

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/492852]
carrotk
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:46 pm

I only noticed 2 differences personally, one was a distinct feeling of dizziness/vertigo out of the blue that passed fairly quickly and didn't return, usually around 8-10dpo. The other one was being hyperemotional starting at 3-4dpo...as in OMG THIS IS THE SWEETEST COMMERCIAL EVER with tears and everything and it's for Farmer's Insurance or something :rofl:

Not sure if that info was helpful....but this time I thought maybe AF really was coming cause I was cramping and breaking out. Sucks that pregnancy and AF symptoms are so similar! Good luck! :)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Asta1010 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:46 am

My symptoms were very similar to right before AF- cramping, spotting, chin pimple. Only difference was an awful few days of intense vertigo and two nights of insomnia.
Asta1010

Postby Macaroon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 pm

My husband and I have been ttc for 7 cycles now. Af is supposed to come in 1 week and I've been getting different symptoms from than the ones I usually get,
I've been extremely irritable and prone to murdering someone but being moody isn't usually a Pms symptom I have. I also usually feel sudden shooting sharp breast pain on the sides and this time I first noticed they were sore as I walking fast. They are not sore around the nipples though but on the base.
The fact that these are out of the ordinary makes me hopeful especially since we were able to time bd on the 2 days I got +opks.
It's normal for me to feel cramps but it's too early for that. We'll see what happens.
Macaroon

Postby hunnybunny29 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:28 am

I guess when I conceive about a week after i have an itense mood swing which is over quick. Normally im a pms psycho. When I conceive I have no pms, clear skin, and the big one is no 2nd batch of ewcm a couple of days before af is due. This time I felt hot but not sweaty and tired quickly. On my normal cycles im a pms nightmare but when pregnant its absent
hunnybunny29

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members