Has anyone ovulated cd24+ and had a BFP?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Has anyone ovulated cd24+ and had a BFP?

Postby Bluebell! » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:26 am

Hi everyone :)

Has anybody had their bfp on a cycle where they've ovulated after cd24?

If so, did you carry the baby to term?

I think I ovulated on cd24 last month and cd28 this month. I'm worried that the lining/egg won't be good quality.

When I had an ultrasound scan at the beginning of this cycle there were lots of eggs on my ovaries and everything looked good. My bloods came back normal but I think coming off Vitex a couple of months ago has messed up my cycles.

Thank you!
Bluebell!

Re: Has anyone ovulated cd24+ and had a BFP?

Postby PhDer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:16 am

I think I had one cycle last yr where I ovulated around C24 (got bfp CD33) but i did not carry the baby to term (that is the bad news)

However, this was the cycle after a miscarriage. I took some time out of TTC (around 6 months) and was on vitex for around 4 months when we conceived this rainbow baby. Based on when i got my bfp this time (CD 23?) and when we DTD (we were actually NTNP) i guess i must have conceive around CD13/14 ish which for me i did not even think possible. When i was tracking my cycles last year when TTC i never ever ever got a positive OPK before CD17. I was only ever taking the vitex for a month or so at a time with the first BFPs as i would stop when pregnant.

I really think being on the vitex longer term i.e. greater than 3 months for me did wonders for me cycles and clearly helped me to ovulated earlier. I am a convert of vitex. I'm now almost 26 week with my rainbow baby who is a boy and i would definitely recommend it to late ovulators.

Hope that gives you some encouragement. All is not lost. Stay positive :D
Me: 31 ( normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility, 3% morphology)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015 (on break since Sept 2015)
BFP 11th April 2015 @10DPO/ cycle #3 (SMEP); M/C @7w3d. Angel Baby was due Christmas Eve 2015
BFP # 2 3rd July 2015 @10DPO; Betas: 145 @13DPO... 412@16dpo; MMC- 13w1d
BFP # 3 23rd March 2016 (3rd wedding anniversary): NTNP. Beta's at 10dpo (estimate) 13; 16DPO- 394 (doubling time 29 hours)
Cycle 29-33 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PrayaDubia » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes! I have highly irregular cycles, ovulating anywhere from CD17-30. Three years ago I ovulated on CD25 and went on to have a full term healthy daughter! Good luck!
PrayaDubia

Postby Bluebell! » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you for the replies!

So sorry Phder to see you had a miscarriage. Congratulations on your rainbow baby though!
I was on Vitex for 10 months and my cycles were regular. I ovulated on cd16/17 but didn't get pregnant and my endometriosis seemed to get worse. Then I found out I had a 5cm endometrial cyst on my ovary. My ovaries had been clear of endo before. I came off the vitex and the cyst disappeared on its own. My endo seemed to calm down but my cycles are really strange now (2 cycles since coming off).

I had a repeat scan and the technician said she could see lots of follicles on my ovaries and that everything looked really healthy and normal now. So I'm a bit wary of taking Vitex again. I know it can work wonders for people and I'm so happy for you! I'm going to see my gynaecologist in 2 weeks so I'll ask his opinion on what to do. My blood test came back normal. I think I'm 9dpo today and am getting bfn's. My breasts are extremely sore and my nipples are more tender than normal but I'm not hopeful, I think it's just my hormones being off. Staying positive though and I'm just pleased my luteal phase seems to be ok even with ovulating later. Thanks again for your reply!
Bluebell!

Postby Bluebell! » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Thank you PrayaDubia! That's great to hear!! Congratulations on your daughter! Thanks again :)
Bluebell!

Postby Nic&la » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 pm

This is a great question! Any other pregnant ladies ovulate late and carry to term?

My ovulation ranges from cd 22 - 36 and is something I really wonder about, esp as my experience so far is just one chemical in 18months.

Would love to hear some more stories?

Thanks x
Married May 2015 me Nic 29 DH 36
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members