New here- Implantation?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here- Implantation?

Postby LavenderClair » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and hoping to find some hope or harsh reality haha. My husband and I are TTC and I have been off of birth control for two weeks. I know this is only our first month trying so I should be more patient, but we had a third trimester loss last year and so this is a very emotional time for us. I've been using the clear blue advanced digital opk and August 25, 2016 it showed me as my peak fertility (aka ovulating). So of course ever since I stopped bc we have been doing the baby dance as much as possible. Yesterday (August 30) I started feeling slight cramps on one side. This morning I woke up to extremely light, almost translucent, pink spotting. It was intermittent for a few hours and now it's gone. My question is, could this be implantation spotting? I've spent hours and hours online researching and the timeline seem to line up for implantation. However, I also realize that perhaps this could be a withdrawal bleed from stopping birth control. I guess I'm looking for someone who has experienced this type of spotting during their first month off of bc that resulted in a positive pregnancy test. That, or I'm hoping to find some insight to give me a littl bit of hope or some harsh reality that it probably won't be my month. Any advice or insight would be absolutely appreciated. Thank you!! ~ Lavender
LavenderClair

Re: New here- Implantation?

Postby Happyfroggy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Bit late of a reply I'm afraid...I'm guessing AF already came and went?

I just wanted to chime in, in case any one in future ever stumbles across this post. I have done a LOT of research into "implantation bleeding" and frankly, the vast, vast majority of the time, spotting isn't actually linked to implantation in scientific studies. It's actually super, super rare to have "real" implantation bleeding.

Now to go full debbie-downer on all future readers....as much as we hope for implantation bleeding (because not being implantation bleeding means AF ...booo...hisssss!!!!) you actually don't want implantation bleeding. All the research I read points to "implantation bleeding" or very early pregnancy spotting, to be highly, highly correlated with miscarriage.

So to summarize, the vast, vast majority of pregnancies do not have any sort of implantation bleeding/spotting. Of the ones that do have this bleeding/spotting, the majority will go on to miscarry.

However, these are just statistics and probabilities. I have absolutely read of many women on this site that had what seemed to be implantation bleeding and then went on to have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. I just wanted to put this in perspective.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members