How did you tell your partner?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How did you tell your partner?

Postby ewar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:05 am

Hi Ladies!

The other day AF was 4 days late and I was so nervous to tell my husband (even though we are TTC!). I blurted out that AF was late and then quickly walked out of the room hah. I was like 'WTF are you doing?!' and walked back into the room. He wanted to find out as much as he could about what being 4 days late meant, I wanted to run. Did I mention we're TCC, I have no reason to be like this hahah!

AF came. I was then nervous to tell him, so I dropped it into convo in a joking way. hahahaha

But it got me thinking how did everyone who has had a BFP tell their partner? Were you nervous (like me for no reason at all). We're you nervous? Did you test and then tell, or test together?

Thanks! xx
ewar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: How did you tell your partner?

Postby nather » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:04 am

1st time -Tested by myself, confirmed BFP and then just got the topic that AF is delayed. Since we were TTC, DH was excited to test.
2nd time - DH kept checking. But his bday was coming up, so I got a bday card and signed it as Mommy, DS and Baby (coming june 2017). Placed the card around midnight so that he could find it when he woke up in the morning. I still had to take a test together.
nather

Re: How did you tell your partner?

Postby crysann4 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:03 pm

I was so nervous to tell him! I'd had tummy issues the day before, which he knew, but he didn't know I'd picked up a test. I tested the night before with a positive, and when I got another positive that morning I went in and woke him up. I told him my tummy issues weren't just tummy issues. He thought I was sick. I pointed to our son, who was asleep next to him, and said 'Yeah... sick in the same way I was with him.'.

:D He said okay. Ha ha ha. And then suggested I take the day off so we could celebrate. His birthday was Saturday, so I kind of wish I had waited and told him in a cute way!
Crystal (34) :love: SO (30)
Ds 15 02/0702
Ds 13 08/04/04
DD 11 02/13/06
Ds 9 04/23/08
Ds 5 02/22/12
Lilah Rhea arrived 06/15/17! 8lbs and 19.5" of love snuggles!

I have too many flaws to be perfect, but I have too many blessings to be ungrateful. <3
crysann4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members