Not much ejaculation - will we conceive?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Not much ejaculation - will we conceive?

Postby Angeliq » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi, I'm new here so apologies if this is posted elsewhere. Hubby and I have been TTC for 2 months. We've noticed over the past few years he has been producing less ejaculation (we are both now 31). Sometimes it seems like he barely ejaculates any liquid at all. When we were younger he produced heaps. Otherwise he is totally healthy. Anyone else experienced this? We don't know whether to wait a year of TTC before checking it out?
Angeliq

Re: Not much ejaculation - will we conceive?

Postby Happyfroggy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:14 pm

You can certainly keep trying BUT I think he should go to the doctor pronto. As I would say such a change, to the point that it's been noticeable to both of you, certainly isn't normal. He should definitely make a doctor's appointment just to rule out anything more serious.

TTC-wise, there's no reason you can't TTC in the meanwhile...the vast, vast majority of stuff that comes out isn't actually sperm but just various fluids that make up the seminal fluid. This is why ejaculate from a male that's had a vasectomy looks the same! As sperm is a very small portion. Like they say, it's only one sperm that needs to do the job! However, do make sure he follows up with a medical professional.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Not much ejaculation - will we conceive?

Postby Angeliq » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:46 am

Thanks. I wish he would go to the doctor, but he is so stubborn on these things. Hopefully after a few months he will change his mind! I keep trying to tell him it will probably be something easy to fix, and maybe BD will feel better too!
Angeliq

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members