Ebf and ttc-

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ebf and ttc-

Postby Nicci1619 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:49 am

New here- but in search of help. I am ebf my 4.5 month old son and desperately want to have another baby right away. I have had some spotting a few days in both July & August which I assume is my menstrual cycle returning or trying to. My question is for those of you that ebf and got pregnant- how did you know and what were your symptoms? Judging by my cm, I ovulated on Sept 5 and I am now about 10dpo. I have had nausea, cramping, headaches, dizziness, etc. Pretty much every symptom possible, but I am not getting my hopes up because I have heard this is normal while ebf. Any insight would be appreciated!
Nicci1619
Friend

Re: Ebf and ttc-

Postby Happyfroggy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Well I wasn't even exclusively breast feeding and it still took a good 7-8 months for my period to come back which means I definitely wasn't ovulating until after 6 months minimum. Also I know how you feel after I had a baby I wanted another one right away! I think it might be the hormones or something! But unless age is an issue, you might want to consider not having such a tight time line between conceptions. There's a lot of new research showing that our bodies haven't had enough time to recover all the lost nutrients and that babies conceived within 18 months of another baby have found to be lower birth weight, higher risk of anemia, higher risk of cerebral palsy, higher risk of autism, etc. However, I know there's MANY factors to consider when having another baby such as age, upcoming life events, etc. so I can understand if you have good reasons for wanting them close together!!! Just basically trying to make you feel better if it doesn't happen right away! :) Good luck!

edited: thought I should back up my point with a citation at least:
"Those conceived after less than 12 months were 50 percent more likely to be diagnosed with autism." https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/sc ... ears-apart

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/sc ... -need-know

...but the overall risk remains low so hope I'm not scaring anyone, just sharing what I learned recently.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Ebf and ttc-

Postby Nicci1619 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Thank you for your response. Age is the factor that concerns me as well as my health. I have thought and rethought about having another baby so soon & I am just going to whatever happens happen. I did not know the risks associated with close deliveries and autism. Very interesting! Thanks again!
Nicci1619
Friend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members