Possible Implantation Bleed?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Possible Implantation Bleed?

Postby MrsWelder14 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:49 am

My af was due on the 24th but I still haven't gotten it. On the 2oth, I had barely any light pink spotting, then on the 21st I had dark red/brownish discharge twice when I wiped. It was accompanied by alot of clear mucus. That was it. It looked like the end of a period, instead of the beginning.
 P.S:
I forgot to mention that I did take a pregnancy test yesterday and got a bfn. I've been having pressure in my V, nasty indegestion, and aversions to a couple things. I guess I'm wondering if anyone else had this happen and end up with a late bfp. I never get af early. I'm used to irregularities, but not like this. I'm losing my mind. Lol
MrsWelder14
Friend

Re: Possible Implantation Bleed?

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 pm

That certainly sounds like it could be implantation bleeding! I had mine at 4 dpo, along with a temp dip, and got a positive test at 9 dpo. It seems like if AF was due for you on the 24th, you should have seen a positive test by now... Do you know when you ovulated? If you weren't tracking ovulation, it's possible that the bleeding was related to ovulation happening a little late this cycle, in which case you might have a few more days before either AF or a positive test.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alexisaldridge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:30 pm

I'm having some confusion at the moment with implantation bleeding as well. AF is due tomorrow or Friday, I didn't track ovulation much this cycle either I just went by symptoms. For the past week I have felt cramps, twinges in my lower belly, dizziness when I stand up, mild short headaches, very sore breasts when the bra comes off and a little before the bra is even on, I've had stuffiness in my throat and some in my nose as well. I'm between 8-11 dpo and had orange spotting this morning but now it is more bright red and with a little bit of clotting.. only when I wipe. I'm hoping there is still a chance but starting to feel discouraged because I've never heard of implantation bleeding being bright red.
alexisaldridge

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:22 pm

It can absolutely be bright red! I have heard of people who have mistaken it for AF. I think the "rules" say that it won't last for more than 3 days and shouldn't be heavier than a very light period day where you might need a panty liner. Do you know how long your luteal phase is? If it's on the shorter end, this could be AF on her way, but if it's usually longer, I think there's a decent chance what you're seeing is implantation bleeding.

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC112016 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:53 pm

I've been ttc. I'm about 16dpo , AF should be here in 6 days and yesterday I started experiencing light bleeding. It was pink when it first started, for about 8 hours. Now It's like a light period but it's a deep red and not a light pink/brown. It's still lighter than my usual AF and way earlier. Has anybody experienced this and got a BFP?
TTC112016
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Ttc, have you tested yet? Are you 100% sure about your ovulation date? If so, a fertilized egg can live 12 days on it's own. If it doesn't implant by 12 dpo, it begins to break down. So if your bleeding started on 15 dpo, my best guess would be no, it is not implantation bleeding.

That being said, there are a lot of reasons you can see some spotting or light bleeding early on in a normal, healthy pregnancy. Once again, deep red does sound like AF may have just started early. Even in people with really regular cycles, you are bound to have an off cycle every once in a while.

A positive test *should* show up between 2 and 5 days after implantation, so let's say you implanted at 12 dpo, and this bleeding is just random and not AF, then you should see a positive test by today or tomorrow. Have you tested today?

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC112016 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:32 pm

I know my ovulation window started on October 26. I also noticed ewcm that night even before sex. So I just assumed that's when I was ovulating. Ever since then I've noticed "Montgomery tubercles" , my areolas have been getting larger, I've been dizzy , extremely tired and I had a slight flu for about three days. I stopped " feeling pregnant" two days ago and it felt weird.
TTC112016
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:38 pm

If you don't know your exact ovulation date, then it could potentially be implantation bleeding, although the dark red makes me wonder. I usually get ewcm a few days before ovulation, and only for that one day. Everyone is different, but if you happen to be like me, you may be more like 13 dpo.

As far as "feeling pregnant," once again, everybody is different, but I didn't "feel pregnant" until about 10 weeks. Even though morning sickness hit around 5 weeks, before that, I was just mildly crampy like when AF is on her way. Most symptoms are not going to show up until after you see that positive test, so don't lose hope even if you feel 100% normal. ;)

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members