Help!! IB or AF??

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help!! IB or AF??

Postby BGlow5755 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi ladies! My husband and I are trying to conceive our first baby. I am 29 years old and my husband and I have been married for a little over 2 years. This past October I had a laprascopy done and was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrosis and a blocked tube that will never open. I am devastated! Well I finally got my first cycle since my surgery on November 24th. I am now on CD 23 and not sure how long my cycles will last being that my body is thrown off from surgery. So far the surgery has been helpful and I got positive opk December 3rd and 4th with a digital opk. I'm unaware of the exact time of ovulation if it occurred so I'm guessing I'm anywhere between 10-12 days post ovulation. Today I had some light brown spotting each time I go to the bathroom. I am feeling so disappointed thinking this could be my AF coming thus making my cycle kind of short. Then I began to wonder if it could be implantation bleeding. I'm going insane! I took a preg test yesterday and it was negative. Have any of you ladies experienced implantation bleeding at 10-12 dpo and got a bfp? If we don't get pregnant this month we are possibly starting fertility meds next cycle. The chances of us getting pregnant on our own is at about 1% :( I need some hope!
BGlow5755

Re: Help!! IB or AF??

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:05 pm

I got that exactly at what I thought was about 10dpo. I was so disappointed that my af was soon, put in a tampon and forgot about it. Then after I removed the tampon and it had NOTHING on it, I realized that was IB. I tested every morning afterwards and got a vf bfp 2 days after the spotting and a regular bfp 3 days later (about 13dpo). However, the pregnancy ended in a mc at 6 weeks 5 days...so we are back TTC #1.

I have been "stalking" the site forever and reading everyone's post, but have never posted yet (too shy). Since I had the exact same thing happen, I had to say something. I hope I haven't broken any rules since I am technically not a BFP member right now.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BGlow5755 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Gosh I didn't realize their were rules like that? I am new to this also. My first post. I hope this is IB I've been very lightly spotting all day. It's only on the TP. Fingers crossed! But I'm not feeling hopefully as I keep getting weird pains/pressure into my rectum area. Assuming they are cramps :(
BGlow5755

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Oh, I don't think the rules are that strict either - look at us newbies worrying :). I hope it is IB for you.

In my case, the spotting last one night really. I wiped and saw brown on the toilet paper - got sad for the rest of the night - then overnight there was nothing and there was never any red or pink. That is what tipped me off, since if I spot before a normal period it usually has some flecks of red or pink with it.

GOOD LUCK!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi ladies! As a veteran member, I just wanted to drop in and say welcome, and there are certainly no "rules" as to who can answer a post! The different sections are simply there for organizational purposes. ;) Also, everyone here is super nice and welcoming, so don't be shy about posting!

BGlow, if the blood is brown and there is not much of it, there is a possibility that it is implantation bleeding. IB can last up to 3 days, but most often is very short and light. I got one streak of old brown blood mixed with ewcm for mine and that was it! I got my positive test 5 days later. Fingers crossed AF stays away and you get that bfp!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members