Provera 10mg.....for 10days

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Provera 10mg.....for 10days

Postby Livelovelaugh93 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Hello,

Background:
I got a depo-provera shot on June 10th this year, and had excessive bleeding starting about 3 weeks after the depo shot, I only had one shot. I then took birth control pills in July to settle the bleeding but I stopped taking them after two weeks cause the bleeding had stop....well it definitely returned up until November when I wasn't prescribed Provera 10mg pill for 10 days, it stopped my period at about day 5/6 off taking the pill.....I was told I was suppose to have a period within 14 days after stopping the medication. I had unprotected sex as soon as the bleeding stop and many days after. It is now 3 weeks today that I still haven't got a period. Prior to any of this I was regular, I ovulate on my etc. last couple of days I have been experience breast soreness that just keep getting more painful, white discharge, milky white, last week is was like snot like yellow mucus, some dry days but a wet feeling overall, cramping feels like my uterus is tight when I go from sitting to standing, mood swings (DH) is getting all the mood swings, light headaches and serious lower back pain.

However my question is has any one had these symptoms and ended up pregnant?
Or
Have took provera and never got a period and was pregnant?

* I took a cheap dollar store brand pregnancy test a week ago it was negative not FMU. But I never tested again cause I didn't suspect pregnancy until now.
Livelovelaugh93

Re: Provera 10mg.....for 10days

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Those symptoms can be pregnancy related or it could be progesterone related,is kind of difficult to offer any advice bcs i don't know what cycle day are you or when you ovulated,i say wait a few more days and test again and based on what the test shows talk to ur doctor.
Provera is oral progesterone right?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Livelovelaugh93 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Yes Provera is the oral progesterone. I was considering that maybe side effects but When i looked it up and it stated the medicine should be out your system by 10 days after which should cause a withdrawal bleed! Idk either lol
Livelovelaugh93

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:31 pm

I wasn't saying ur symptoms were caused by the provera,i was trying to say they were caused by progesterone that ur body is secreting after you ovulate,that is why sometimes is so hard to know if the symptoms are pregnancy related or progesterone related bcs they are the same,im pregnant now and i feel the same thing i felt before i was about to have my period in the past.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Livelovelaugh93 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Oh okay I understand, CONGRATULATIONS! Yeah I don't know when or if I ovulated after the medication. I never really get sore boobs before my regular period, like these are sore to the movement and especially the shower. My doctor wants me to now take another PT and than call. What brand pregnancy test do you recommend? I read on here something about "blue dye" test are less accurate?
Livelovelaugh93

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Well im a big fan of clear blue plus lol even if is a blue dye test it worked for me,every one prefers the FRER,maybe try that.
Ty.
Good luck to you !!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members