Difference Between Clomid Side Effects & Pregnancy Symptoms?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Difference Between Clomid Side Effects & Pregnancy Symptoms?

Postby katbug » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:13 am

Hi all! I'm currently in the TWW period of my first round of Clomid, and I'm experiencing a ton of strong symptoms. But of course, I have no idea if they're related to the clomid, or if they're pregnancy symptoms.

So my question is I guess aimed at BFP members who tried more than one round of Clomid - what differences did you notice in your symptoms between your unsuccessful cycles and your successful one?

My symptoms as of now (11dpo):
-nausea/vomiting
-fatigue/napping
-bloating
-stabby low cramps
-breast soreness and "heaviness"
-sneezy/allergy type feelings
-lower back pain
-can't stay asleep at night
-creamy cm
-weird vivid dreams

My USUAL symptoms 3-5 days up until AF:
-lower back pain
-breast tenderness
-mild cramping, only sometimes

So I can definitely tell something is up, but I have no idea what. Tested yesterday and got a BFN of course. Trying to wait a few more days before POAS again. Help??
katbug

Re: Difference Between Clomid Side Effects & Pregnancy Sympt

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:48 pm

I did two rounds of clomid first 50mg then next cycle 100mg. First cycle I ovulated late, way later then usual so I knew it wasn't working. That month I had night sweats and tons of cramping during ovulation. I don't think I had a lot of symptoms once I stopped the medication.

2nd month higher dose I got pregnant. Instead of ovulating after cd 27 I ovulated day 16. I had more intense night sweats and tons of cramping at ovulation. Once ovulation was complete cramping subsided then picked back up again about 5 dpo. I had more cramping than I normally did during the tww. That was really my only pregnancy symptom.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend