Implantation Bleeding or Period? Due at same time

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Implantation Bleeding or Period? Due at same time

Postby Crazy_Monkey_Lady » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Red EWCM 10/11 DPO could it be IB? 18 day cycle
Background info:
DP and I have been TTC for 9 months now. I'm 29 y/o with a family history of ovarian cancer. Genetic counselors told me at 23 that I should have children right away and take out all of my female organs to play it safe. I did not listen to their advice as I had not found Mr. Right, so I just went on with life. I was on depo provera shots from age 18-27. After my body got used to the shot I did not have periods at all, not even an occasional spot! I received my last shot in May of 2015 because after that I was single and no longer sexually active so I didn't see the point. It took until about November for me to begin menstruating again and when it came back it was super irregular. I mean alternating spotting/bleeding every other day for 2 months+ type irregular. Then I unexpectedly became sexually active again when I met my DP in January 2016 and was swept off my feet by him. So I began using BC pills for the first time ever and used them for 6 months before we decided it was probably best for me to get off all the hormones and let my body begin readjusting to its own natural cycle, knowing we wanted to have children together at some point in the foreseeable future. As soon as I got off BC pills my cycles got super funky, ranging anywhere from 7 days between periods, up to 42 days. There were multiple occasions (when I had an extra long cycle) that we thought for sure we were preggo and it always ended a BFN and AF. Recently however, my cycles have really started to get their act together because the last 4 were 18 day, 23 day, 21 day, 18 day cycles with ovulation cramps and temps pointing to ovulation on CD7/8, meaning my luteal phase is 10-15 days long. I gave up tracking CM a long time ago because I NEVER EVER get EWCM and that also discourages me. Over the last 4 cycles I've experienced really swollen engorged breasts for 10 days or so before AF comes and I have bad cramps on CD 1 & 2 with heavy bleeding, then the cramps go away and the bleeding tapers off and stops at CD 5. So in summary 18 day cycles, 5 day long AF with bad cramping and heavy flow with sudden onset at beginning.

What's happening now:
This past cycle I was charting my BBT and cramps and temps jumped and all pointed to OV on CD7, like the last 4 cycles. But on CD 8 & 9 my temp was down to my pre-OV temps and I got frustrated and stopped charting. I was thinking maybe I didn't OV at all this month and was very discouraged, especially when my best friend since we were in 3rd grade called to announce she's preggo. We had both been TTC since June. So I don't have BBT's for the rest of the cycle to reference. On CD18 I was expecting AF and I had some mild cramping (much less than usual) and red spotting so I put in my Diva Cup and was just thankful that my cycle wasn't so irregular anymore. When I went to dump my cup 12 hours later, the volume was significantly less than normal. Usually on CD 1 & 2 I have to dump the cup every 3-4 hours because it fills up. So after 12 hours there was hardly anything volume wise. When I dumped it in the toilet I was super surprised to find that it was all one big glob of the stretchiest EWCM I have EVERRRR had, but it was red, with enough blood to make it allll red, but no extra free liquid blood in the cup. Like I said earlier, I NEVER get ECWM even on OV days. Then the next day, CD 19, at the end of the day it was pretty much the exact same red EWCM. CD 20 & 21 (or CD 3/4, depending on whether the blood was AF or IB) I have only had brow spotting. No need for anything more than a super thin panty liner all day each day. Another strange thing is that during this cycle I haven't had the super swollen BB's like I usually get. Tonight is CD 21 (or CD 4) and the spotting seems to be gone all together. My temp yesterday and today are both 98.06 F (36.7 C) which is typically my luteal phase temp.

On another note, I live in the jungles of Costa Rica, so I can't run out and buy a cheap HPT. They're expensive and I am trying to put off testing for another 6 days, just to avoid the heart break of possibly seeing a false negative. I know once it's in the house I won't be able to resist taking it. So instead I'm just spending several hours a day on the internet googling my questions and pinning baby announcements and maternity clothing on pinterest. *sigh*

My questions:
1) Could the SUPER stretchy red EWCM be implantation bleeding? I have found other stories of women having red EWCM during IB, but I feel like my situation could different because my spotting/bleeding/EWCM at 10DPO coincides exactly with when AF should have shown up! Has anyone else with an 18 day cycle had a similar experience with only spotting during expected AF?

2)Could the LACK OF sore BB's be a sign of pregnancy? I know it's usually the other way around, but having sore BB's is normal for me and it's been that way the last 4 cycles consistently. Yet this time, they're not and I have EWCM for the first time ever.

3) Do you think that my cycle is just irregular this month for some reason, or is the red EWCM IB, or just a super light AF?
Crazy_Monkey_Lady
Friend

Re: Implantation Bleeding or Period? Due at same time

Postby Crazy_Monkey_Lady » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:37 am

BFP April 7! 17 dpo
Crazy_Monkey_Lady
Friend

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:01 am

Congratulations!! I hadn't looked further ahead to see your second post until I finished your first. It was a pleasant surprise. Thank you for updating!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Praying4pampers » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Awww I knew it with the stretchy cm congrats!!!
Praying4pampers

Postby Crazy_Monkey_Lady » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 am

Unfortunately it didn't stick :(
Crazy_Monkey_Lady
Friend

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Aw I'm so sorry :(
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13