BFP after laparoscopy

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP after laparoscopy

Postby geeky_gab » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Good afternoon ladies,

I've been active in this forum mostly last fall, when I was trying for IUI. We have done 4 unsuccessful rounds so far.

Last February, my doctor recommended that I undergo laparoscopy to remove a 7 cm (2.7 inches) pedunculated fibroid. The fibroid was completly outside my uterus, therefore easy to remove. I had quite a few symptoms from it since it was pressing on my bladder. The operation on May 29th was a success beyond expectations since they also removed a pedunculated cyst on my right tube as well (and most importantly) as stage 1 endo that had not yet been found/diagnosed.

Follow-up doctor's appointment was today. We're up and ready, back on Femara for IUI #5. I expect CD1 to be on August 1st.

Has anyone gone through similar situations, IUI or not, with a positive outcome?

Glad to be back ladies, looking forward to spending the TWW again with you all :)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: BFP after laparoscopy

Postby Tifaneew » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi there! I had a laparoscopy to remove a 7cm cyst in my ovary on 4/16/14. When my Doc was in there she discovered stage 4 endo (all the way up to my liver..yikes!). I literally started my cycle the evening I got home from the hospital and then had a regular cycle in May. We got our bfp 6/12/14 and welcomed our perfect baby boy on 2/15/15! I hope this gives you some encouragement!
Tifaneew

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members