TTC while on Adderall XR & husband rebounds from BioTe

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC while on Adderall XR & husband rebounds from BioTe

Postby JacMac8106 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:42 am

Has anyone successfully conceived while taking Adderall XR? My husband and I have been TTC since March (he was on BioTe for a few years - which stopped him from producing sperm. His last round of BioTe was September 2016 (lasts for 5 months) so March 2017 was the first month where he didn't have any HRT in his system. He's been taking FertilAid, Motility Boost and Count Boost and I take Rainbow Light Prenatal vitamins, in addition to a magnesium supplement, a RX fish oil vitamin for people with ADHD and I also take 30 mg of Adderall XR. Today was supposed to be the first day of AF (nothing yet, and I have been having some possible implantation symptoms- fingers crossed).

Does anyone have a similar story that can share what happened to them- how long it took you to get pregnant? How long it took DH's count to increase after stopping Hormone Replacement Therapy? Anyone who successfully conceived while taking Adderall?
I plan to stop as soon as I get a BFP but my doctor doesn't want me to stop taking it before then because of the severe withdrawal symptoms that I experience.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
JacMac8106

Re: TTC while on Adderall XR & husband rebounds from BioTe

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 pm

I used to take Adderall and was advised against taking it while TTC. I stopped cold turkey when we started trying for my son and have not taken it regularly since (since you can't take it during pregnancy or while breadfeeding). It can also reduce your sex drive, and therefore reduce natural lubrication and ewcm that increase your chances of pregnancy. If you do become pregnant, it can damage an embryo. If I were in your position, I would start weaning off of it if you plan to TTC. I'm not sure what withdrawal symptoms you experience, but I imagine they'd be harder to deal with while pregnant.

Large amounts of caffeine aren't good for TTC either, but you could try Spark energy mix to replace the Adderall. I know a lot of people that swear it works better than Adderall for them. Good luck!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members