6 days late!

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

6 days late!

Postby kaitdip » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Hey everyone. I will be full week late tomorrow and as of yesterday bfn! I had my yearly appointment at the obgyn and they tested my pee and it was negative. The Dr said "that doesn't mean you're not pregnant, test again in a week!" I'm OK with not being preg yet because it's only our first month ttc but just curious if anyone was or is in the same boat as me?! My cycle is not irregular and I've NEVER been this late.
kaitdip

Re: 6 days late!

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Do you track your cycles and know when you ovulate/ how long your LP is? If not, you could have just O'd late. It's totally normal for even the most regular people to have an off cycle every now and again where they O late, especially if you were stressed or working hard physically around O.

That being said, you do hear of people who don't test positive until a little later than normal (and a smattering of stories here and there of people who don't test positive until well into pregnancy or not at all). Generally speaking, I would say if you are truly 6 days late, you'd be seeing a positive test by now. You'll just have to wait it out and see how it goes!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 6 days late!

Postby DaCrayTWW » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Brains are also very powerful. When I was trying to get preg last year for 9 months during that time my boobs started hurting before AF. And now they do it every cycle. And I didn’t have a period for 8 days for one cycle. I peed on sooo many tests it wasn’t until I got my quantitative blood work done and I saw less than 5 that my period started. But depending on when you ovulted which for some people is cycle day 23 you still would need ten or so more days before you would get a positive..
DaCrayTWW
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members