Implantation Bleeding and BFN questions

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Implantation Bleeding and BFN questions

Postby taylj8 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:28 am

Hi All,

I am new here and new to all things pregnancy related (minus my obsessive google searching the last two weeks). I would really appreciate any input!

My husband and I had sex on Nov 3rd, which I later realized was the day I ovulated (according to the period tracker app I use). I had a weird mini period 7 days later that lasted for 3 days, as I have a clock work 30 day cycle I was concerned and googled 'reason for period week early' and learned about implantation bleeding. I had pretty bad cramping along with this spotting and then developed a bad stuffy nose and just felt tired and achey all week. Everything I've read about implantation bleeding states it is only a very small amount and that cramping should be minimal. However, mine felt like regular period cramps, and while it wasn't as heavy as a normal period I still needed a liner, it was more than just a few spots when I wiped and the blood was very, very dark brownish. Was this just a super early period? Or has anyone had implantation bleeding that resembled a lighter version of your normal period?

Sorry for the long description! But I had convinced myself that what I had experienced was implantation bleeding. I'm now 2 days past my missed scheduled period and still getting BFN's with the First Response tests. My breasts are really heavy, but not sore at all. My stomach is crazily gurgling all the time and I feel a lot of twinges- not cramps exactly but small pains in very localized places. It just feels so different than what I usually experience pre AF.

I'm confused if I could still be pregnant and thus should act as such (no drinking, hot yoga etc) or if I've built this up in my mind/ am going crazy? Did anyone have early implantation bleeding (7dpo?) and then BFN? Or get a late BFP? Or was it actually just my period that came a week early?

Apologies for the novel, and thank you for any feedback/ advice you may have!
taylj8

Re: Implantation Bleeding and BFN questions

Postby Danaa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 am

Sadly it sounds like you had a weird period but if you still feel like you might be pregnant you should get a quantitative blood test just to be sure.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taylj8 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks for the response Danaa!

It's just so weird because my period is SO regular, down to the day every month. But I'm in grad school right now so maybe stress could have caused a weird cycle? We aren't actively TTC and a year from now would be better timing for us, but I was just so sure I was pregnant that I found myself getting excited. I had really convinced myself! I'll hold off on testing again for another week and see how I'm feeling. Thanks again for the quick feedback!
taylj8

Postby Danaa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 am

Stress can definitely cause a weird cycle and period.
Good luck with the testing,update when you can.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members