Missed Period, Still BFN...Help?

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Missed Period, Still BFN...Help?

Postby bfulker » Thu May 10, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Everyone. I have been on a hiatus from this site as I was trying to stop thinking about conceiving.

However, I'm now in a very strange situation and I'd be curious if anyone else has experienced things like this:
I got off of Seasonique (4 cycles a year) on August 2017. We have been TTC since then. Since stopping BC my periods have been LONG. Like 42 days long. I talked to my gyno at my checkup and she said even though they are long, at least they are staying consistant. She asked me to start tracking my BBT and come back at the end of May for possible blood work....
Fast forward since my apt, I never really got a period this month. My period is officially NINE days late and I am on cycle day 52. On cycle day 38 (a bit before my period was expected) I had ONE day of spotting. VERY MINIMAL spotting, like enough for a panty liner. I've taken like 4-5 tests and all BFN! :( I'm so confused.

My temps are on the high side but I haven't been tracking BBT long enough to know if this is my norm. I had a dip on the day that I spotted on cycle day 38.

I recently started seeing an acupuncturist to hopefully increase our fertility odds but have only had about 3 treatments. I don't have a ton of other symptoms besides occasional sore breasts and frequent urination.

Could the one day of spotting have been my period?
Could I still get a BFP this late in the game and after so many BFNs?

If my temps continue to stay elevated I think I'll call my Dr. next Monday but hoping someone else may shed some light. Thank you in advance!
bfulker

Re: Missed Period, Still BFN...Help?

Postby shanay » Thu May 10, 2018 10:15 am

Can you post your chart?
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 am

Possibly. Do you have any direction for HOW to do that? haha
bfulker

Postby bfulker » Thu May 10, 2018 11:13 am

I think I've attached my chart. Let me know if you can see it. :)
Attachments
5.10.2018 BF.png
(53.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bfulker

Postby shanay » Thu May 10, 2018 11:26 am

Could cd39/40 be questionable at all?? If you took those out, it looks like you would have ovulated on cd45 (meaning only 7dpo as of now), and that would follow the rules of 3 high temps after the previous 6. I feel like your temps dropped down quite a bit after O and didnt start rising till quite later
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Thu May 10, 2018 11:28 am

actually even cd42 could be O day, so you would only be 10dpo today which would explain the BFN.. only if those two were questionable though..
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Thu May 10, 2018 11:29 am

I just loaded all my information into FF friend today so I could attach my chart. They seem to think the spotting on 4/26 was ovulation.
I'm not saying it was or it wasn't as I was expecting my period by 5/1 and normally have a little spotting a day or two before but AF never showed.
bfulker

Postby bfulker » Thu May 10, 2018 11:33 am

Thanks for your thoughts Shanay! I appreciate you taking the time.
I'm just all messed up because of not having a period since 3/20. I was going to use OPK test kit this month but without the period I had no idea when to start using them...
I don't FEEL pregnant but when you don't get a period you start to wonder everything. I'm really looking forward to getting some blood work done to see how things are with me.
As far as the days you're questioning...I don't think I did anything different to affect my temps? That is a strange couple days though.
bfulker

Postby shanay » Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 am

Which setting do you have FF set too? I like to use FAM.

And no worries! I have had cycles the same as yours, I've had to go in for blood tests because my cycles were sooo long, and it turned out I just ovulated later then I thought. I also had charts where I got a temp rise, but clearly my body was just losing it's mind there. I ended up discarding the temps and then it made a lot more sense.. and my period came on time 14 days later, so I obviously did ovulate later! I had that happen this cycle too.. I had a temp spike, which you can see.. but I discarded the temps cause it wasn't actually ovulation (I had blood tests to confirm I hadn't ovulated)... and NOW I have finally ovulated.. sometime's temping can be so confusing.
Attachments
Chart - 4dpo.png
Chart - 4dpo.png (39.76 KiB) Viewed 536 times
long chart.png
(74.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by shanay on Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 am

I agree cd42 seems to be O day !
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Thu May 10, 2018 11:56 am

Thank you Shanay! I'm happy to hear I'm not alone! Your chart is helpful. I'm a bit new to all of this so still learning. If both you think that (even though I'm not sure if you're Dr's or not but I still believe you haha)...I do not think I have a change at pregnancy this month. And that's okay. But I just want my period to come so I can have some sort of clue of what the heck is happening.
Even though I considered that I was ovulating late, I was just so convinced AF was on her way!

Thank you Danaa.

Some more eyes and opinions is very much appreciated!
bfulker

Postby shanay » Thu May 10, 2018 12:08 pm

If you end up getting AF in 4 days I bet you that you did O on cd42, and then at least you can know that you did ovulate and that's why you're 'late' .. piece of mind!
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bfulker » Thu May 10, 2018 12:19 pm

You're right Shanay! I'm hoping for that to put me a little more at ease!
bfulker

Postby JemimaK » Fri May 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Hey Bfulker! I think you geared up to O and didn’t and then I’m voting you did on CD45- could be 42, but I think that’s a wonky rise to O as your body had already tried once. That could make you 7dpo? Good luck x
JemimaK
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members