Did I not ovulate this month? Please take a moment. :( :(

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Did I not ovulate this month? Please take a moment. :( :(

Postby JBell84 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am

Hi there! So Any advice would be so appreciated. A little background -- My husband and I go married in April and decided to start TTC in May. I stopped BC in January and have had pretty normal cycles. Every month I get EWCM and ovulation cramps and have had positive OPKs. All of this is usually followed by nipple tenderness as soon as I ovulate. All months have been pretty normal, but not this month. This month everything seemed great. I got textbook EWCM and positive OPKs for 36 hours. I generally ovulate about 36 hours after first positive and can feel it. We had lots of amazing sex, of course. I was really excited about this cycle. Problem is -- the day following my positive OPK, I never got ovulation pain. I ALWAYS feel this and can tell EXACTlY what side I am ovulating on. Like a dummy, I decided to randomly pull out my BBT, which I haven't used yet. I used it the following morning, but I have restless sleep often and this time specifically had woken up an hour prior and gotten out of bed. My temp registered as 97.5. I'm worried that having no ovulation pain and that temp means I didn't ovulate. I now have my nipple tenderness I get post-ovulation, but I am still worried it was an anovulatory cycle, which to my knowledge, I've never had. I really hope I'm not out this month. Side note: I tried to temp again this morning after a solid 2 hours of sleep at 3:45 a.m. and my temp was 97.79, then it was 98.51 after 1.5 hours of sleep from 7 a.m. to 8:30.

I guess my questions are : Does having all other symptoms but no ovulation pain this month mean no ovulation? And, does my tempting mean anything, or did I do it completely wrong anyhow and it means nothing?

So looking forward to hearing from you!

Jessica
JBell84
Friend

Re: Did I not ovulate this month? Please take a moment. :(

Postby Danaa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 am

Hello,same as you I feel ovulation and I have symptoms of
Ovulation but sometimes is just so happens I don’t feel ovulation pains but I still ovulate so that doesn’t means anything.
As for the bbt,that must be taken at the same hour every day after at least 3h of sleeps,bcs you didn’t started at the beginning of your cycle I wouldn’t read much into it.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Did I not ovulate this month? Please take a moment. :(

Postby JBell84 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks so much for responding. This TTC deal isn't as easy as I thought it would be. The BBT thing is tough. I often get up in the middle of the night and that is especially true right now because I am in a new house and state for the summer! I'm still learning the lingo and and can figure out most of your background up above, but I am wondering if you have been successful yet?
JBell84
Friend

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members