The Comprehensive BFP Mommy Quiz

Please use this forum for asking your questions to our PG members. Thanks!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: The Comprehensive BFP Mommy Quiz

Postby fairywings » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:11 am

Number of months you were TTC: To my great surprise it happened our first month ttc!

Describe BD frequency during that month: O, 1DPO, 2DPO, 3 DPO

What BD position did you use: Missionary

Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): no

If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: I'm not sure when we conceived because we made every day count but I definitely had the other big O every time :wink:

Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe): LOL yeah for 20 minutes. I felt so silly. :oops:

Did you feel implantation (describe): Definitely. I had pinching cramps that were actually pretty intense.
Did you get any implanation bleeding (when?): I did at 10,11,and 12DPO. It was a very light pink/brown color. It wasn't much at all.

How many dpo till you first tested: 10DPO and then every morning after. Got a BFN the first two days and then a very faint line at 13 dpo.

How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: At 14DPO I used a FRER because I thought the $ store cheapie was an evap line, but it was BFP!

What test gave you the first BFP: technically the $ store cheapie but it wasn't clear. The FRER was without a doubt BFP.

What was your first symptom: I just felt pregnant within about 3DPO. DH thought I was imagining things and I think even I did to a point, but I really did feel different. Besides feeling pregnant, the first symptoms were sensitivity to smells, nausea and feeling gassy/bloated. A few time I was really overwhelmed by smells which had never happened in my life.

What has been your strangest symptom: Probably feeling pregnant so early. I didn't expect that.

On what dpo did you get your first symptom: 3DPO

Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: Yes. I had cramping much earlier than usual and the cramps were more pinching. Also I was emotional in a different way. I was really weepy.

Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): Yes, just cramping so far, but not as bad as they were around implantation.

How did you tell DH: I told him as soon as I saw the faint line. I couldn't stand waiting lol

What was DH's reaction: At first he didn't believe it was positive. He thought a faint line was a negative. He said if it was darker the next day then he'd believe it. It was darker so he was beaming and said "I can't believe it happened so fast!"

How did you tell family/friends: We're going to wait until 12 weeks so we are past the largest risk of mc

Are you hoping for a DS or DD: I've always wanted a DS but I will be thrilled to have a happy healthy baby regardless of gender!!

fairywings

Postby Artemis » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Number of months you were TTC: 7
Describe BD frequency during that month: we actually were taking a break so we had sex for a few days after my period ended then stopped since fertile week was close & and I thought it was way before my fertile week, but I must have ovulated early!!
What BD position did you use: Several lol
Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): nope, but we had the previous 6 months.
If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: Several times lol
Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe): I was on top so I did the ol "cup & run" to the bathroom right away, super classy lol
Did you feel implantation (describe): not at all!
Did you get any implanation bleeding (when?): Nope
How many dpo till you first tested: I did when I realized I was about a day late on my normal cycle length! Cd 26
How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: n/a
What test gave you the first BFP: First Response RAPID RESULT
What was your first symptom: PMS emotions on steroids!! Got mad at everything & cried!
What has been your strangest symptom: crying
On what dpo did you get your first symptom: cd24
Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: Yes, I did not crave chocolate (still don't) as I usually do a few days prior to AF. Also had lots of pimples pop up that have disappeared now. Boobs are always sore after ovulation but they were much worse the days before my bfp.
Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): just cramping and still have it on and off. Ranges from sharp twinges to dull aches.
How did you tell DH: his birthday was a few days from when I tested so I kept it a secret and bought a onesie & gave it to him during our family dinner at our house. We all laughed & cried. It was tough to keep that secret for 5 days!!
What was DH's reaction: he scooped me up and just cried and cried. And then almost passed out lol
How did you tell family/friends: only the close family that was at our birthday party dinner know & close friends too!
What were their reactions: Surprused, excited, crying!
Are you hoping for a DS or DD: Either, just want it to be HEALTHY!
Me: 27 DH: 26
"I do, me too!" 12/21/2013
TTC#1 since 11/2014 with short cycles/early ovulation with a normal LP (23-25 days long, ovulation on cd9-12, LP 12-14 days)
Chemical Pregnancy 12/2014
BFP 4/24/15!! EDD 12/31/15 :)
5/26/15 measuring 5 days ahead! HB 171
6/29/15 perfect check up! HB 150
8/20/15 All is good on the 21 week scan! Measuring 22.5 weeks!
8/26/15 perfect check up! HB 138

IT'S A BOY!!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

"A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but it's persistence"
My Ovulation Chart
Artemis
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby vetmom » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:28 am

Number of months you were TTC: 3 years +
Describe BD frequency during that month: I'm not sure about 5 times during the month. It was Ramadan which means fasting from food and sex during the day so we weren't trying really hard.
What BD position did you use: Him on top mostly.
Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): I started drinking plain raspberry leaf tea about a month and a half ago because my sister in law said it might help with my spotting... So yeah I guess it did :)
If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: Yes even though I'm not sure what night it was :)
Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe): I just relax in bed for at least 15 min after.
Did you feel implantation (describe): No
Did you get any implanation bleeding (when?): Yes, one week before AF was due I have one tiny bit of spotting but I thought it was just the beginning of my normal week of spotting, but then I didn't have any more.
How many dpo till you first tested: 4 days after AF was due, I have tested 2 days late about 7 times over the last 3 years and it was always "made" my period come that day, so I became parnoid.
How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: 4 days after AF was due, lines came up dark within a min
What test gave you the first BFP: Answer
What was your first symptom: I have been crazy tired the last week and a half but during my whole TTW I was flying places for work so I just thought it was a time zone thing.
What has been your strangest symptom: Nothing too odd yet.
On what dpo did you get your first symptom: If you count the one day of spotting (which I didn't till I got my BFP) it would have been about dpo 7
Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: Nope, just came later and the sore boobs normally go away a two of two before AF and I still have them :)
Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): Just got my BFP so I don't know yet
How did you tell DH: woke him up at 8am after he got home from work at 4am.
What was DH's reaction:"Are you serious?" followed by sleepy snuggling
How did you tell family/friends:
What were their reactions: Have yet to tell anyone.
Are you hoping for a DS or DD: We always joked that I wanted a boy and DH wanted a girl, now I really don't give a damn, I'm just hope this sticks.
vetmom
Friend

Postby kayemjay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:29 am

Number of months you were TTC: 4 months (with one chemical the prior month), but we were not trying the month it actually happened because we had a big trip planned, and I didn't want to be preggo for it (oops!)

Describe BD frequency during that month: every other day for week before when i probably Oed, 1DPO, 2DPO, 3 DPO (I didn't track ovulation that month, but my cycles were incredibly regular)

What BD position did you use: Missionary and me on top

Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): no

If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: I'm not sure of the exact night, but probably :)

Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe): Nope

Did you feel implantation (describe): Nope

Did you get any implanation bleeding (when?): Nope

How many dpo till you first tested: day of missed period, after feeling carsick (which is unusual for me)

How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: First test (day of missed period) = blazing!

What test gave you the first BFP: FRER

What was your first symptom: Carsickness, difficulty running my normal route

What has been your strangest symptom: So. Many. Nosebleeds.

On what dpo did you get your first symptom: about 14 DPO

Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: Yes, I didn't have any normal pre-AF symptoms (cramps), just nausea

Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): Not really

How did you tell DH: I had a cute onesie from his favorite sci-fi show, which I bought previously (for what turned out to be a CP)

What was DH's reaction: He was tentatively happy, but nervous because of past CP, so it took a while for it so sink in for both of us!

How did you tell family/friends: For family, we got various onesies ("I love my grandparents", "My aunt is awesome", etc) and gave them individually. For friends, we made a cute announcement with our pups at 13 weeks

Are you hoping for a DS or DD: We had no preference, and decided to wait until birth to find out the sex- such an awesome experience! We now have an amazing, beautiful, DS :)
Me: 29
DH: 34

One sweet human boy (Nov. 2015), and one crazy fur daughter :)
TTC #2!
kayemjay
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby moggiee » Mon May 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Number of months you were TTC: 11
Describe BD frequency during that month: every 2-3 days, then every day leading up to O (after pos OPK)
What BD position did you use: Him on top
Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): Preseed
If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: Always do :D
Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe): Laid down about 15 mins before getting up
Did you feel implantation (describe): Yes some pinching feeling that lasted a min and was gone
Did you get any implanation bleeding (when?): No
How many dpo till you first tested: 7 DPO
How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: 7DPO
What test gave you the first BFP: FRER
What was your first symptom: Crampy
What has been your strangest symptom: Pale/sore nipples when cold
On what dpo did you get your first symptom: cant remember
Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: Less intense cramps and less back aches
Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): AF type cramps
How did you tell DH: Just blurted it out
What was DH's reaction: He is over the moon
How did you tell family/friends: Sharing it on mothers day in a card from me, OH and mini
What were their reactions: Excitement
Are you hoping for a DS or DD: Either will be great
moggiee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pkjb » Fri May 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Number of months you were TTC: 1, very lucky

Describe BD frequency during that month: quite alot, I had been away for work :) but only a couple at the start of my fertile time. I was worried I hadnt made the most of it and missed our opportunity.

What BD position did you use: all of the positions!

Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): No

If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: No.

Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe): yes, lat on back with knees to chest

Did you feel implantation (describe): No

Did you get any implanation bleeding (when?): No

How many dpo till you first tested: 10 BFN

How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: 14 (I think)

What test gave you the first BFP: First Response

What was your first symptom: heightened smell

What has been your strangest symptom: not

On what dpo did you get your first symptom: 7

Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: yes

Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): yes, right sided throbbing
How did you tell DH:

What was DH's reaction: a little bit of shock :)

How did you tell family/friends: by phone

What were their reactions: excitement!

Are you hoping for a DS or DD: either!
Pkjb

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:43 am

Number of months you were TTC: 2, after I got my first post-partum cycle

Describe BD frequency during that month: Average number of times, more often through fertile window (pretty much daily then)

What BD position did you use: missionary/doggy/me on top

Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): Not a thing

If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: yes

Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe): Nope, cleaned up and went about my business - we have a 5 month old DD so we had to do it while she napped or after she was in bed.

Did you feel implantation (describe): I did but thought it was AF coming, the cramps are very similar.

Did you get any implantation bleeding (when?): None

How many dpo till you first tested: 8dpo, BFN

How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: 13dpo

What test gave you the first BFP: BFP brand IC strips from early-pregnancy-tests.com

What was your first symptom: I suppose the cramping. I am still BF my DD so my boobs didn't change. DH told me I was pregnant because I was "acting weird" around 10dpo.

What has been your strangest symptom: My face and chest broke out like I was 14 again for about 2 weeks.

On what dpo did you get your first symptom: 9-10

Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: nope!

Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): yes, felt exactly like a wicked AF was coming for about a week. No bleeding though.

How did you tell DH: He told me before I even got a BFP! lol

What was DH's reaction: "I told you!" lol

How did you tell family/friends: haven't told too many people just yet.

What were their reactions: n/a

Are you hoping for a DS or DD: Would be happy with either but would love a sister for my DD. I feel like this is going to be another girl too. My instinct was right last time!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tristessa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:28 am

Number of months you were TTC: 3 cycles

Describe BD frequency during that month: o-5, -4, -3, -1 and day of o

What BD position did you use: from behind, legs on shoulders and from the side

Did you use Preseed, aspirin, green tea, or other (describe): used conceive plus (lubricant) on all days except day before o and day of o

If you know the night of conception, did you have the other big O?: not sure which day so i may have done but may not have

Did you lay down for a while, or prop your belly up? (describe):i would lay down for about 15 minutes or so. usually with my bottom propped up but nearest o i just lay there

Did you feel implantation (describe): i think so. i felt a twinge on the right side late on 6dpo

Did you get any implanation bleeding (when?):yes morning on 7dpo i had blood when i wiped. thats why i think the twinge was implantation. it definitely wasn't a little spot but that was it. I also had cm that was very slightly beige/brown on 13 dpo.

How many dpo till you first tested: 13 dpo pm

How many dpo till you tested and got a BFP: 13 dpo pm. not a blazing bfp but not a squinter either although i'm still second guessing myself!

What test gave you the first BFP: frer

What was your first symptom: the bleed.

What has been your strangest symptom: haven't had really obvious symptoms but I have been having some hot flashes.

On what dpo did you get your first symptom: 7dpo (the bleed) i also had horrible headaches at that time.

Were your symptoms different from AF symptoms: not really. i haven't had any obvious symptoms yet.

Did you experience cramping, bleeding etc after BFP (describe): yes i'm still cramping and they feel like af.

How did you tell DH: he told me to take the test as i was so anxious about it because i had some slightly brown cm.

What was DH's reaction: he was pretty surprised. we were both expecting bfn. we both don't quite believe it. I have taken another test this morning so we'll see what he thinks then!

How did you tell family/friends: I haven't yet. I'm going to be giving my dad a happy granddad card to surprise him.

What were their reactions:They will be thrilled.

Are you hoping for a DS or DD: Either will be magical.
tristessa

Previous

Return to Ask Your Questions to Our BFP Members