Help needed

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help needed

Postby PinkBabyDust » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:46 pm

I am officially 30 lbs overweight. I am only 5' 2" and I weight 150lbs. I am considered obese according the the body mass index. I keep gaining and gaining and gaining weight. I was always 115lbs my whole life.

Our bd life is down the drain because of it.

I desperately want to lose weight but I have one major problem. I not only am clueless as to how to exercise, but I cannot get motivated. I will tell myself I want to, I need to, I have to, but I just dont want to do it when the time comes. I feel tired and exhausted. How do I find the motivation or the time around family life, school, house duties, etc. and I cannot afford a gym membership at this time.

any help is appreciated.
PinkBabyDust

Postby hiscutegirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:10 am

Unfortunately I am with you on this over the past year I have gained about 45 pounds :roll: and I know I need to lose weight and I want to lose weight especially after my DH asked me last weekend if I have put on weight recently and I just started crying and he felt bad he then said "I know you have gained weight over the past year and it is love weight but it just seems recently it was alot but I still think you are beautiful and I am still attracted to you" but it was to late in my mind I am thinking all he sees is a big fat cow when he looks at me :roll: . It definitely effects me when we BD even though it doesn't seemt o bother him I feel so yucky that all I can think about is covering this or moving this way to conceal that and I can't enjoy it as much as I used to :( I have never weighed this much and it is depressing :(

I definitely lack motivation it is so bad that I even had a treadmill set up in our extra bedroom and I didn't even use it not that is pretty bad :roll:

I finally had enough yesterday and said this is the day and did get on it for 30 minutes and I swore I would do it at least four times a week starting yesterday I just want to be disciplined and stick to it this time! It is hard to motivate yourself and I know what has got me started is thinking about how much better I will feel about myself and that in turn will make things better all around because we all know how you feel about yourself effects everything in your life around you. Oddly enough once you start working out you won't feel tired and exhasuted all the time if that makes any sense.

I am not any kind of expert about how to exercise and finding the time is definitely hard but even if you just start out with thirty minutes of walking it is a start and you can do some small weights at home for toning in addition to doing some cardio. When I was working out on a regular basis I used one of the workout balls (time to dust it off) and I loved it because you could do all kinds of exercises on it and you didn't realize that you were even working out the muscles so much it was great for my tummy (that is my biggest trouble spot) and the book that came with it had a great and easy to follow guide. I am not one for workout dvd's but alot of people like them and they are inexpensive to get and you can do them comfortably in your own home. I don't know if any of this helps and I am sure someone else will have some good ideas as well.

My biggest problem is what I eat I am a potato, pasta and bread lover and I am going to have to cut most of that out for now and it will be hard but I am determined to do it this time. It is a good thing I love veggies and fruits and I already eat lean meats and I am not much of a snacker so that isn't a problem I am just lazy and don't do anything active at all - well until yesterday :)

I would love to have a weight loss buddy maybe having someone to talk to about goals and things like that even if it is online might help because then you can share in each other's accomplishments.
Me (41)
DH (31)

We have not exactly been trying but have not been preventing either!
hiscutegirl
Friend

Postby PinkBabyDust » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:02 am

I'd love to be weight loss buddies!! I need all the help I can get.

It seems that I have everything against me on this. My dh eats everything he should not. He hates chicken but loves tacos, hates pot roast, but loves pizza. So its hard to be able to eat well when everything he eats, I hate and everything I like, which is good for us, he hates. So needless to say when we shop, he doesn't let me buy the things I want...Its all that garbage. And he eats a bag of potatoe chips per night. plus candy, chocolate, and he drinks nothing but mountain dew.

He went from 155 to 168 over the last 2 months and was complaining about it last night and had the nerve to tell me that I keep gaining weight because I eat soup in the evening and dont exercise!!!!

but yea, I plan on doing some exercises tonight...I will post on my progress ..

please keep me updated.

By the way, some info on me. I am about to be 25 on the 25th. I have been married to dh for 2 1/2 years and ttc just as long after a miscarriage immediately after we married!!! dh is 28 and lazy!! hhehe
PinkBabyDust

Postby hiscutegirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:47 am

Great I think having a buddy would help me alot!

My hubby can eat whatever he wants and doesn't gain a pound he can loose weight easily. I hate to admit it but I outweigh him by alot :roll: He is tall, thin and athletic "sigh" everything I am not at the moment well other than tall I am 5'8". Luckily though he likes to eat healthy everything is grilled or baked we never fry anything and he hates fast food so that is something we never eat - well I was eating fast food for lunches at work alot but now I make my lunch every day so hopefully that will help

Talk to you soon!
~Michelle~
Last edited by hiscutegirl on Sat May 11, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me (41)
DH (31)

hiscutegirl
Friend

Postby Crunchy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Congrats on your recent wedding!

I know how you ladies feel, motivation is my biggest problem too. Once you get into a routine, its really hard to change, however, in 2005 I was determined and lost 60lbs over the course of a year. Unfortunately, in late 2006 I was involved in a horrible car accident that basically left me with little to no mobility for three months. During that time I somehow managed to gain back 30 lbs! Now that I've gotten my life together, I plan to go back to my excercise/diet routine but I thought I'd share some of my success tips with you.

1) Cut back on calories. Yes, the carb thing has been the craze for the past few years but come on, can you really live without potatoes, cake or bread for the rest of your life!? What I did was portion control. I totaled up my average daily intake and subtracted about 25-30% of total caloric intake, this would be my new daily goal. To ensure that I never went hungry I would divide those calories into 6 mini meals. i.e.: 8:00 a.m. Breakfast, 10:30 mid-morning snack, 1:00 Lunch, 3:30 mid-afternoon snack, 6:00 Dinner, 8:30 late-night snack Basically on this schedule you will be eating SOMETHING every 2.5 hours which will increase metabolism and reduce the risk of over eating out of starvation. ~Tip~ Many restaurants now carry half portions, it never hurts to inquire :wink:

2) Cut back not out the sweets. Sugary or fatty items tend to be really high in calories. When you begin to cut back on your calories you realize how precious few you have left to splurge, this in turn will force you to make wiser choices i.e.: instead of having an entire two pack of little debbie whatevers in one sitting, have one now and save the other for later. In the long run, you're less likely to over indulge but you will still fill your craving. And because no food is really off limits, you're less likely to fall off the diet bandwagon.

3) Try to swap out foods when you can. Instead of eating white flour pasta, try a whole wheat pasta. It carries more nutrients and the extra protein contains your hunger longer. Also, instead of cream based sauces and soups try going the veggie route, it will carry less fat/calories and the acidity in tomatos actually helps the digestive process.

4) Stay hydrated. Drink as much possible water as you can throughout the day. Water not only helps flush your system of toxins, it also keeps you full longer and increases blood flow and elasticity in your skin. ~Tip~ When you're going out for a night on the town, try to eat a light snack along with a full glass of water before you go, this reduces the chances of over indulgence of the fattier (yummier) restaurant foods.

5) Get a full nights sleep! Its medically proven that the average person cannot "recharge their batteries" until they hit the REM cycle. This is usually the heavy deep sleep obtained mid-way through the evening. If this REM cycle is not reached, it not only will make you feel run down the following day, it will also lower your metabolism and your motivation will plummet which can ultimately ruin your entire day.

6 ) Exercise. I know, its easier said than done. With all of us multi-taskers running around as is how could we possibly fit excercise into our day? Easy, conscious thinking. You want to grab a bite to eat down the block? Why not walk there? You need to get to the fifth floor for a Doctor's appointment? Take the stairs. Also, weather permitting, try parking your car further away from your destination. If we push ourselves to take a few extra minutes in our activities it can actually help over time. With that said, an actual block of designated exercise time could only be to our benefit. Set aside 15-30 minutes every other day for some form of exercise. Walking, jogging, swimming, bicycling, whatever it is, the point is to get yourself moving. Also, as mentioned by a previous poster, to tighten those flabby/wobbly bits, try some weight training a few times a week. It tightens your muscles and increases stamina. I highly recommend an exercise ball for crunches and chest presses.

7) Don't drink your calories! Margaritas, soft drinks, pina coladas, hot chocolate, coffee, thosecarmel machiatto frappo latte twist - whatevers, yeah, they have TONS of calories. A can of Coca Cola has somewhere between 200-400 calories, thats like a quarter to one third of your entire daily intake! Careful what you order and again, when possible substitute. Get non-fat milk with your morning coffee instead of whole milk or try the diet counter part to your favorite soft drinks, surprisingly many of them are rather tasty. If your looking for a mixed drink try to avoid the fruity mixes as they contain mostly sugar and go for a simple classic like gin and tonic or a diet rum and coke.

Now these are only suggestions but again, they really helped me for the year and a half I lost weight. Good luck ladies. I hope this helped someone out there :wink:
Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hiscutegirl » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:36 pm

Thanks for the congrats crunchy :D

Those tips are great and they will help especially now that I am on an unplanned employment "vacation". Oddly enough I eat less now than I did when I was working I think because I am busy doing yard work and things around the house instead of sitting at a desk all day and I have been exercising every day since I don;t have much else to do! :D
Me (41)
DH (31)

hiscutegirl
Friend

hi

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Help is here girls come join me on this thread if you like :) together we can shed the pounds safely
http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/mo ... c&t=129935
prayingforbaby#1

Return to Weight Loss and TTC