Looking for a weight loss buddy

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looking for a weight loss buddy

Postby Metallicat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 am

Hi, I would like to lose some weight and am looking for a buddy for mutual support and encouragement. I don't have a set goal right now, would just like to start slow and steady as to not feel overwhelmed by how much I want to lose and how many changes I need to make!
Me: Age 34, 5'5" and 160 lbs. Anyone interested? :D
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Sure, why not? I actually just re-joined WW yesterday hoping to lose about 50lbs. I got on the scale yesterday morning and I was 174.8 -YIKES- I'm about 5'6. I'm actually going to see about looking into a gym membership too. Hopefully I can get my butt there at least a few times a week :)

Any special plans as to how you're going to kick start your fitness plan?
Began TTC January 2008
Me 25: Cystic Ovaries, Never been pregnant
DH 37: Dx'ed w/ CBAVD 6/09
Married 10/31/05, TTC #1 since Jan. 2008
Natural conception is physically impossible for us
3 feline furbabies Takkun 4y/o, Lebo 1y/o & Squiggy 8 mnths

Jan 2010- Mini IVF w/ ICSI & TESA (FET) #1 FAILED, Embryo didn't survive thaw
June-Aug 2010 Conventional IVF w/ ICSI #1 w/ new RE CANCELLED, Funding fell through
Currently in limbo w/o direction as to our next step
Feel free to check out my blog: http://figlife.blogspot.com
Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm

hmmm, plans? Actually, I have an eliptical trainer at home and I have a dog that needs to be walked daily so I thought I'd start there. My biggest problem seems to be with snacking after dinner and just eating too much in general. I don't think I need to eat as much as my DH, lol. Would you be interested in any weekly weigh-ins? I like to weigh myself once a week and it helps me if I have to post my progress and someone will see it. Thanks and good luck.
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:20 pm

Weekly weigh in sounds great! And as far as eating too much, that seems to be a big problem for me as well, especially the snacking part of it :| Everyone is soo tiny in my office but yet they snack nonstop on chocolates and cookies GRRR All of them are saying how fat they're getting and how they need to diet, mind you the "fattest" girl in the office other than myself is a size 6. :roll: Here I am in a size 12.

Btw, I LOVE the elliptical. The first time I went on I could barely do 5 minutes without huffing and puffing but I definately felt it in the morning ;)

It definately sounds like you have your mind set so when would you like to officially start? I personally know I'm going to be horrible at keeping track tomorrow night so I may have to start on Thursday :? Hopefully I can stop by the gym after work tonight and sign up though. Hey, its a start right?
Began TTC January 2008

June-Aug 2010 Conventional IVF w/ ICSI #1 w/ new RE CANCELLED, Funding fell through
Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Oh I hate it when people bring food to work. They always bring donuts and other yummy fatty stuff I can't resist! I definitely don't want to start on New Years Eve, one last day right? So Thursday is good for me, I will officially weigh in Thursday morning and try my best to exercise and make good food choices.

I also think I'll set small weekly goals like "exercising 3-4 days this week" or "no snacks after dinner", something like that seems reachable.

Of course signing up at the gym is a start, if you don't sign up, you'll never go. :)

Good Luck and thanks for joining me. WE CAN DO THIS
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Setting small goals is a great idea and snacks after dinner aren't completely a bad thing depending on what you're snacking on. Its suggested to eat 6 small meals a day to keep the metabolism up and the hunger away. Not to mention that small snack around 8 o'clock will hold off your hunger enough so that at breakfast you won't be starving. I've gotten into the habit of atleast trying for 5-6 mini meals (snacks included). I'll have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and it works. I'm a muncher, if I'm not conciously thinking about it, I could munch all day without even blinking twice which is why the 6 meals theory kind of helped me. Even if you want to split your lunch in half i.e. eat half of a sandwich at 12:30 and the other half around 3:00 for instance that works too depending on how hungry you are.

I'm also a lazy bum by nature. lol I HATE excercise. To kick myself into gear my mini goal is to try to work out for atleast 30 minutes every other day. If I'm feeling lazy on excercise day I just remind myself "tomorrow is a rest day, you can lump then" If I put it off, which I've been notorious of doing, I never get anything done.

Okay so January 1st is our first offical weigh in... You're right, we CAN do it! Woohoo! Good luck to you too ;)
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:44 am

Happy New Year Crunchy! My official weigh in is: 160.0 pounds

My goals for this week (Jan 1 - Jan 7) are: exercise 3-4 days and to choose healthy snacks.

Good Luck to you :D I added a weight loss ticker so I can chart my progress.
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm here, I'm here! Sorry I'm late to the party, I actually forgot to weigh myself this mornin but on the brightside I did start Jillian's 30 day shred, hopefully that will knock off a few pounds. It really kicked my butt, I was huffing and puffing for the entire half hour! Unfortunately AF is making an appearance (i'm spotting) so I've already begun to retain water. I got on the scale a few minutes ago and it said 180.0! How can that be??? I was just 173.0 yesterday afternoon! Ugh I hate her, stupid witch!!!!

Thats a good idea with the weight loss ticker, I'm going to add one tomorrow morning after I do my morning weigh in. Good luck and KMP :)
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mommy2emma » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Ladies,

Can I join you? I am 29, 5'5, 165. I was hoping to lose some weight before TTC#2 but my DH and I are so excited to have another LO.

My biggest issue is eating late at night. I am a muncher, and I love to eat while watching tv or while on the computer.

A few years ago, I lost around 30 lbs by eating less carbs and using a treadmill at home five days a week.

ImageImage

TTC #2!!!
mommy2emma

Postby Crunchy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:39 pm

sure! Welcome :)

Today I did day two of the shred and although I had a bit more stamina this time around, it still kicked my butt. I weighed myself this morning and I was 175.4 so I think the excess I mentioned earlier may have been from AF, we'll see what happens. Good luck to you! and KUP on any new workouts, weightloss tips etc.
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:26 pm

Hey Crunchy! Better late than never. I always weigh more right before AF starts, sometimes I don't bother to weigh myself then. I have done much better with my snacks so far but the exercise...oops! I will keep trying though, feeling super lazy, lol.

mommy2emma--Welcome :D We're gonna do a weekly weigh in if you want to join with that. I also am a snacker, just like you, while watching tv and using computer. I LOVE CARBS! I'm also a sugar junkie. Over a year ago I switched to diet soda and lost 20 lbs. i gained 13 back but I'll keep trying.

Good Luck to you both.
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:28 pm

I've had the reverse problem, I've been good with the excercise but bad with the snacking. I have ravenous hunger when AF is here but I've been trying to keep the snacking I do do to low cal/sugar/fat treats so its not all bad I suppose. I'm going to get on my bike in a bit to work off the 3 reeses pieces and doritos I had today though :oops:
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:52 am

Hey there, well I finally got some exercise in yesterday! YAY! Been doing pretty good on the snacks and not over eating. I have to admit I'm a little nervous to weigh in tomorrow morning. Oh well, as long as the number doesn't go up, I'll be happy. Good Luck.
Metallicat

Postby Metallicat » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 am

Well, woopee!. I lost 2 pounds. My new weight is 158.0. If only I knew how to update my ticker.

Any updates Crunchy???
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Congrats! Thats awesome and every little bit helps :)

I lost 2 pounds exactly but that may just be water weight from AF. :| My official weigh in day is Monday. This past Monday I was 176.0, I weighed myself this morning just for the heck of it and I was 174.0
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to Weight Loss and TTC