Looking for a weight loss buddy

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby Metallicat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Just checking in with my weekly update. My weight hasn't moved. Guess that's better than going up! Good Luck to you all.
Metallicat

Postby Metallicat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:49 pm

I think everyone is MIA, lol. Here's my update anyway, down 1 whole pound, woohoo for me :D
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:09 am

Any of my weight loss chicas still around???

MARCO???

*listens for a 'POLO'*

I'm doing pretty well. I was hitting the gym 5 days a week pretty regualrly until I got sick then I slacked off to 1-2 times a week. This week though I'm going to try to get back to my routine. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday :D

So far I've lost 5 lbs, not too shabby if I do say so myself.
Began TTC January 2008
Me 25: Cystic Ovaries, Never been pregnant
DH 37: Dx'ed w/ CBAVD 6/09
Married 10/31/05, TTC #1 since Jan. 2008
Natural conception is physically impossible for us
3 feline furbabies Takkun 4y/o, Lebo 1y/o & Squiggy 8 mnths

Jan 2010- Mini IVF w/ ICSI & TESA (FET) #1 FAILED, Embryo didn't survive thaw
June-Aug 2010 Conventional IVF w/ ICSI #1 w/ new RE CANCELLED, Funding fell through
Currently in limbo w/o direction as to our next step
Feel free to check out my blog: http://figlife.blogspot.com
Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:46 pm

POLO!!!

I'm still here but I totally suck, lol. I can't seem to get off my butt. I can't wait til summer, I actually go outside for walks and bike rides.

I WILL TRY HARDER :oops:

Crunchy, 5 pounds is awesome, Congrats to you.

I think Sugarstar got a BFP so she probably won't be here anymore.
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:04 am

Get to it girlie! The only way to lose it is to move it! With that said, "hi pot, I'm kettle" I've totally been slacking and my depression isn't making matters any easier. I think I'm going to break away from the TTC thing for a while and just see what happens. The stress of it is really getting to me where I'm losing sleep at night and snapping at everyone in sight. February was a great cycle. I was away from the boards and didn't overanylize or stress anything. It felt great! I need to get that back again for my own sanity if anything.

I heard about Sugar but I'm not sure if I congratulated her yet. If she's reading this, Congrats and a happy healthy 9 months to ya mama to be! :)
Began TTC January 2008

June-Aug 2010 Conventional IVF w/ ICSI #1 w/ new RE CANCELLED, Funding fell through
Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crunchy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 am

dang, wheres the beatles when I need them!? They always cheer me up but my ipod is dead :(
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Crunchy,

I totally understand the stress of all this. I love this website and I hate it. It's been really helpful and I've learned a lot but I've also learned too much and I read things that totally freak me out! Maybe I have this wrong or that wrong. Should I take this supp or that one? Sometimes too much info is not a good thing. I've also been thinking about taking a break from here, I did that last summer and I was much more peaceful.
Besides, if I have to have one more cycle of timed sex, I might go crazy!
So, if we don't post much here... Good Luck to you and Have Fun :D

Tonight I Will Exercise (promises, promises)
Metallicat

Postby PiscesPassion » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:41 am

I'd like to join!!! I gained 8 lbs when I was pg and quickly lost 35 lbs but I have gained 10 lbs back and am back up to 200 again. I have a hard time losing weight and sticking with a weight loss plan. I would love to have other ladies to keep me motivated :)
Jennifer (32) Michael (34)
Michael William born 9-5-08 after 3 years TTC
Baby #2 due on 6-27-13 after 15 months TTC

ImageImage
PiscesPassion

Postby Metallicat » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Welcome!!

I too have a really hard time sticking with a plan but it does help when you have buddies. I usually only check in here once a week, don't like to weigh myself too often. I try to set weekly goals with diet and exercise, but I've been slacking.

So...this week I will not snack after dinner. That one is hard for me but I will do my best.

Thanks for joining us :D
Metallicat

Postby mama2levi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Hello ladies! I would LOVE to join this support group. Do you have a certain you weigh in? I have lost 24 lbs so far and would like to lose more. I tried for over a year to lose weight (I have PCOS) before finding something that worked. I tried WW and half a dozed other diets. None of them worked. Then I found something a "program" locally and tried it. I dropped 24 lbs in 8 weeks. I have kept it all off, but haven't gotten back on the losing track since the holidays. I would love to offer and get encouragement, so I hope to hear from you all soon!
Me- 32
DH- 34
DS-3
TTC #2
DX with PCOS 2006
Metformin- 2000mg
2nd round of Clomid 50mg (CD 5-9)
Baby Aspirin
Prenate Elite Prenatal Vitams/Juice Plus

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
mama2levi
Friend

Postby Metallicat » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi there and welcome! Of course you can join :D

I usually weigh in on Thursdays. You can pick whatever day works best for you. We started out strong then kind of lost some steam. Hopefully with a few more ladies, we'll get going again.

My problem is evening snacking (love sweets!) and serious lack of exercise. I am working on it though.

CONGRATS to you on losing 24 pounds, that is awesome.

Check back in with any updates or just to tell us to keep it up.

Thanks for joining and good luck.
Metallicat

Postby mylove35 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:10 am

hey ladys , can I join?.
TTC again and also tying to lose about 40 pounds.
my weightloss plan is to eat under 1200 calories a day & workout daily on my gazelle machine.
mylove35
Friend

Postby Crunchy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Wow, welcome to all our new arrivals :)

Lisa - Careful not to starve yourself. 1200 calories is very few when spread out over the course of a day especially if you aren't used to eating that way. If you get obsessed with counting calories, it can very easily lead to an eating disorder. I myself had to get over a form of bulimia where you forcably burn off every calorie you eat by over exercising. It worked but only temporarily. I stuck to it, and ate between 1000-1200 calories a day for about a year and lost 60 lbs! Now if only I can get back to having that type of discipline without the danger of starving my body of key nutrients. lol

Mama - Wow, congrats on your weightloss. Whats your secret??? Please fill us in ;)

Metal - How are you doing hun? I'm just getting back on track after my week of binging - dang hormones - I'm in the process of planning a yummy St. Patty's day feast for tomorrow though, nothing is low cal, low fat or off limits, wish me luck! So far I'm making corned beef hash, potato pancakes with sour cream and lima beans. Not sure what to make for dessert though. I might make guiness cupcakes with pistachio (green) icing or I might just serve the homemade spiced soda bread with apple butter for dessert and call it a day :)

Pixie - Just heard about your BFP, Congrats again. If you do decide to start exercising consider a gentle exercise like yoga just until you get into the groove of things. You don't want to over work you or your peanut.
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mylove35 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:54 pm

weight watchers & spark people have me eating between 1000-1200 a day, I am a small framed 5'3. so that seems to be the right calories for me , & I dont feel like I am starving at all.
besides I am desperate to get a few pounds off before our Masquerade ball on the 28th!. :jump:
mylove35
Friend

Postby Metallicat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:29 am

Welcome Lisa! Good Luck with your plan, there's lots of time before your ball so you should be able to lose a few. There's a website called Calorie Count (not sure of the exact name) and it lists almost every food out there and includes calories and all the nutrition info. I used it for a while a couple years ago and it really helped me keep track of what I was eating. I had a goal of 1400 cals/day and with that site was able to make it work. Maybe I should look into it again :oops: .

As for me, I have done well with no evening snacks, just a small dish of ice cream last night (but hey, AF found me so I figured it was justified :wink: )

Keep up the good work ladies, Good Luck!
Metallicat

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC