Looking for a weight loss buddy

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby PiscesPassion » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 am

I really need to find something. I hate dieting b/c I always feel hungry! If I could find something to diet with that doesn't make me hungry, I would give it a try, any suggestions?
Jennifer (32) Michael (34)
Michael William born 9-5-08 after 3 years TTC
Baby #2 due on 6-27-13 after 15 months TTC

ImageImage
PiscesPassion

Postby Crunchy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:33 am

My suggestion, find low cal, low fat stuff (veggies and fruit are of course the best choices) and eat something small every 3-4 hours. It'll keep you full all day and keep your metabolism up too!

I find WW too tedious. Its too complicated trying to track calories x fat x fiber :( and I'd always be at a loss if I didn't have a computer nearby. I'll stick with counting calories only. It worked once, why not again? ;) I'd like to lose 30-40 lbs. total

I'm 5'6 and like many of you I'm going to try to make my daily caloric goal between 1000-1200 calories. So far I'm doing well. I've pre-planned the rest of my day and I have plenty of calories to have a yummy stuffed pepper, 1 slice of whole wheat bread w/ light margerine, and 2 chips ahoy cookies for dessert :)

Here's a sample of my day so far:

8am 1/2c Capn' Crunch Berries, w/ 1c. fat free milk -146.5
10am 1/2c Capn' Crunch Berries, w/ 1/2 c fat free milk -106.5
12pm 1 pb&j sandwich, 1/2c apple juice, 100 cal pack sun chips -365
4pm 1 Fiber Plus Dark Choc. Almond bar -130
7pm Stuffed Pepper, 1 s whole wheat bread, 1 tsp light margerine -320
8pm 2 Chips Ahoy soft Cookies -120

+64 oz of water throughout the day

Total of 1188 calories :mrgreen:

I'll do 45 min on elliptical tonight which usually burns 450 cals and 15 min on treadmill for another 100.

Its an obsession... I have to be REALLY careful not to let it get out of hand though.
Began TTC January 2008
Me 25: Cystic Ovaries, Never been pregnant
DH 37: Dx'ed w/ CBAVD 6/09
Married 10/31/05, TTC #1 since Jan. 2008
Natural conception is physically impossible for us
3 feline furbabies Takkun 4y/o, Lebo 1y/o & Squiggy 8 mnths

Jan 2010- Mini IVF w/ ICSI & TESA (FET) #1 FAILED, Embryo didn't survive thaw
June-Aug 2010 Conventional IVF w/ ICSI #1 w/ new RE CANCELLED, Funding fell through
Currently in limbo w/o direction as to our next step
Feel free to check out my blog: http://figlife.blogspot.com
Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mylove35 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 am

PiscesPassion are you breastfeeding?
I found it very hard to diet at all when I was breastfeeding my girls.
I found the best thing for me during that time was to exercise . & just make sure the food is healthy because baby needs all the nutrients he can get.

well I have dropped 10 pounds total not sure how.
I think I may be pregnant, because I have been so nauseated lately.
my breasts are killing me.
had some spotting yesterday. & have been getting + OPKs.
AF is due this weekend so we will see what happens.
mylove35
Friend

Postby wheelsangel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Hey there ya'll... I am tryin to lose the 30lbs i have gained in the last 3mths on Clomid... HELP!!!!!!! I have been counting cals for 3 weeks and it seems to be working but grrrrrrrrr I don't know what is good to eat and what isn't.. I mean i can use common sence, but I am just really lost. Any ideas would be great. DH is also having to lose weight because of the Army, any ideas for meals would be a GOD SEND.
<strong>CINDYLOU:)<br /></strong>Me~27<br />DH~25<br />DD~9<br />EP~ Sept 15, 2006 (5.5wks)<br />1st Clomid Dec~ BFN<br />2nd~Jan~BFN<br />3rd Feb~ BFN and a 30lb weight gain<br /><strong>NO MORE CLOMID FOR ME!!!</strong>
wheelsangel
Friend

Postby saracrabb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:41 am

Diet has such a huge impact on weight. Nutritionists will tell you that diet contributes 70% to weight loss, whereas exercise contributes 20%, and genetics 10%

This is what I typically eat in a day, and it seems to work for me! I'm 5'5" and weigh 145.5 pounds. I also jog at least 3 times a week, and jump rope before and after I run for a warm up and cool down.

Breakfast:

Bowl of fresh fruit - strawberries, melons, grapes, pineapple, kiwi, orange, bananas, and apples. 2 tablespoons of organic probiotic yogurt and a couple tablespoons of oats/no sugar added granola. - sometimes I'll eat a hardboiled egg for protein, so I don't get hungry too quick

Lunch:

spinach salad with at least one orange vegetable, radishes, mushrooms, celery, cucumber, tomatoes, mixed beans (canned), cottage cheese, some noodles (for yum factor), and either sliced meat or egg.

Dinner:

Either chicken or fish with rice/potato/yams and a spinach salad and or beets. I mix up my recipes, but typically all the same ingredients are in it somewhere. This makes shopping easier too, because I'm just loading the fridge up with the same foods, and not buying a variety of packaged stuff. By getting creative with spices, you can avoid that "tastes the same everyday" feeling.

By eating lots of leafy greens, I don't feel hungry or munchy throughout the day. But when it's close to af, I'll normally indulge in a little bit of dark chocolate, because I find it satisfying in smaller amounts.

And of course have a treat day, where you eat what you want within moderation! Once you fall into the routine it will get super easy :)

Hope this helps a little bit!
saracrabb
Friend

Postby Crunchy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 am

Aww, :( so sorry about the chem Lisa.
Last edited by Crunchy on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Began TTC January 2008

June-Aug 2010 Conventional IVF w/ ICSI #1 w/ new RE CANCELLED, Funding fell through
Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:19 am

Lisa-I saw your siggy, I'm so sorry about your chemical. I hope you're doing ok.

PicesPassion-I cannot go on a traditional diet. I don't have the willpower and I don't like to give up my faves. What I try to do though is stock my fridge and pantry with healthier choices of the goodies I like. If I need a sweet (my downfall) I try to get some sugarfree pudding or jello cups. Even yogurt is sweet enough to satisfy. I also find that if I eat a big breakfast I really eat less the rest of the day. You can also try more filling foods like whole grains and protein.

Wheelsangel-WELCOME! I have a great recipe for an italian sausage soup that is loaded with veggies. If you use turkey sausage, it really makes it good for you. It tastes great and is filling (for a soup). I can share it if you want.

Crunchy and everyone else, How ya doing?

I will report a new weight in a couple of days. Have a great day :D
Metallicat

Postby Crunchy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:05 am

I'm still hanging around here and there :)

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 6.2 lbs. YAY!

How are you ladies doing?
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Crunchy, Congrats!! you're doing so well, good work.

My weight hasn't moved, again. I'm gonna amp it up next week though, lol. We'll see. :) I went to the doc and I weigh 6 more pounds there, it sucks. But she did tell me to lose a bit because of my family history of heart disease and diabetes (my dad had a quadruple bypass!). I really think it motivated me and my DH is way more supportive now. So, next Thursday maybe I'll have good news to share. Hope all is well for everyone else, have a great weekend.
Metallicat

Postby Metallicat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:05 am

Just checking in, my weight is down one more pound!! Slowly but surely, right? I'm doing much better at the evening snacking. Hope everyone else is well.
Metallicat

Postby jay29 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:16 am

HI

Can I join you guys?

I need to lose 20lbs!! yeah MUST!!!
I gained 8lbs since last cycle. it is just crazy. I need to start work out and diet today before whipping up more FAT.

so far I did 30 min cardio this am.
and 2 cups of tea for morning.
salad and piece of bread for lunch
between that had 3 to 4 glass of water.

I am about 5 ft and 129lbs today.
jay29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crunchy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:19 am

Hi Jay, You sound like you're on the right track just make sure you're eating enough, especially breakfast, to sustain yourself throughout the day. Welcome to our group :)

AFM - Monday DH got his SA back and the results were zero...nothing, nada. So he got b/w drawn to test for hormonal imbalances. The dr. already checked him physically for blockages and/or missing vas deferens and neither were detected... this total sucks to find out we may never be able to have a biological child. Since Monday I haven't exercised, AF came and I've been gorging on the terrible foods I shouldn't even be considering. I got on the scale this morning and I'm 5 lbs up... two steps forward and a GIANT leap back. I'm right back where I started and have absolutely nothing to show for it :(
Began TTC January 2008

Crunchy
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jay29 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Thank you for welcome Crunchy !!

well! I did have a breakfirst this AM. (pround of myself). I have been skipping breakfirst although I knew I have to change this at some point.
maybe the time has come for me..

a boild egg. a toast. tea. (breakfirst)
salad (ham and cheese). tea. (lunch)
3 rice cracker. (snack)

I did cardio 30 min .

Crunchy... Sorry to hear about your situation. **hugs**.
I don't know much about male factor infertility, but I am praying for you guys!!
jay29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Metallicat » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:11 am

Hi Ladies

Crunchy, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. I know nothing about MF but there is a lot of info on the TTC Naturally board. Don't know if there's anything he can take to help but you could check it out. Sorry if I'm totally wrong and sound ignorant. Good Luck to you. Don't worry about the weight gain, AF and stress will do that to you. Keep trying and don't give up.

Jay- WELCOME!! Please join us, the more the merrier. The best advice I can give is the same as Crunchy. EAT BREAKFAST! I just read an article about it, thin people eat breakfast. For years I didn't eat breakfast but now that I'm in the habbit I find that on a day I do skip, I eat way more the rest of the day. Good Luck to you and thanks for joining.

AFM, AF showed on Easter (yay). Onto a new cycle, I guess. On the brighter side, I have formed an exercise plan. Nothing too hard core but I think I can stick with it. We have a great dog park with a 1.2 mile trail that's somehow mostly uphill :shock: I'm gonna take my dog there a few times a week and use my elliptical trainer and I got a resistance band and small hand weights for some light weight training. Now I just need the willpower :?

Good Luck to all. WE CAN DO THIS
Metallicat

Postby jay29 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:31 am

Hey girls.

I lost 2.5lbs so far!!
I think 2 boild eggs for breakfast is working helping with weight loss!!!!
now,I convice myself that I don't need slimfast to lose weight !! yay. :D
jay29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss and TTC