anybody try skinny switch program or PX90?

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

anybody try skinny switch program or PX90?

Postby sweets » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Has anyone heard of/tried a program called Skinny Switch Secret weight loss? I think the name of the guy who came up with it is Rob Nevins. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone tried the program and what you could tell me about it. Looks like it's based on eating to boost metabolism, but also has a switch up that you get to eat things you love every third day. Would appreciate anything you could tell me about the program.

Also, has anyone tried the PX90 program? I definitely need to lose some weight -- I typically walk several times a week on a treadmill at a pretty good pace and switch up both the incline and speed during my workout and I also take a fitness class 2 x week that combines both strength training as well as cardio. I think I'd just like to pump it up a bit and hoping someone has tried either program for weight loss.
sweets
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby candjbaby » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 am

my mom got it and said she liked it px90
candjbaby

Postby sweets » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:29 pm

thanks for the reply! Is she/did she have good luck with it? I'm just not sure I have the room to do all the px90 exercises, but I'd really like to find out from people who've tried it how they like it --- infomercials are great, but of course, they push only the folks who've tried it and liked it or those with the best results (hence the "results not typical" disclaimer). Got to do something to ramp up my workout stuff and get the best results!
sweets
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby candjbaby » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 pm

i have not seen her use it but i might get one dvd from her to see .she said it is hard and you just need hand weights. i am calorie counting that worked for me the first week i did it. and take weekends off but i am going to start exercising
candjbaby

Postby sweets » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks like the program can be pretty tough, but I like the idea of having quite a range of aerobic and weights. I'm just starting back to exercise after some time off for an injury -- so I like the idea of mixing it up and having aerobic and weight training. I'd imagine part of the sculpting comes from a high protein/low fat diet combo as well. Not looking to get ripped, but happily in shape if you will. I'm looking forward to going back to a fitness program I take, but trying to find a great program for at home is not so easy. Wish it wasn't so expensive. I'd love to try it without having to fork over so much money. :)
sweets
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rachelrhin0 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:55 pm

I know I'm late in respoonding to this but I have the P90X here.

It's VERY tough.

I did it for a while then stopped.

I'm starting back again now.

I could tell in a week though that the results were gonna be amazing.

I can't wait to get it done and look good again.
Rachel (30) Wife to Ryan (34)
Mommy to 2 angels
Carly 28w3d (11/15/07-03/09/08 )
Hannah 32w2d (11/7/08 Stillborn)
Noah 35w6d (6lbs 6oz)

Follow me on YouTube!

Life is not about trying to survive the storm... it's about learning to dance in the rain!

rachelrhin0
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sweets » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:02 pm

rachel - not too late at all!! It seems like a tough but awesome program. One of my friends loaned me the 10 Minute Trainer DVDs but I need to get off my hiney and try them (she loves them!). Let me ask you this --- do you need to have a lot of room to do the exercises? I ask because I my house is small - so not a ton load of space where the tv currently is, but I could put one in the basement and have enough room otherwise.

Oh ... and food for thought .... by your pic, you already appear to be in great shape and look wonderful :D

Anyways, I'm nursing an injury which the orthopedist doesn't want me to aggravate, so I'm limited for now on doing anything requiring overhead movement. Have to wait for the ok from the Dr before I can do much of anything other than modified exercises (like tricep pushbacks, core exercises, etc). Oh well... some exercise is certainly better than none at all so for the time being it's the treadmill and my strength training class with lots of modifications.

Thanks for the info! I can use all the incentive I can get to really build strength!!!!
sweets
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rachelrhin0 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:22 pm

As far as room needed, I would say at least a 10ftX10ft space. That's if you need a little extra space to feel comfortable. Really if you lay down on the floor and stretch you arms above your head and straighten you legs out and turn around in a complet circle and make sure your hands and feet are clear of all other objects and you should be fine.

The pic in my sig is from 2007 actually the smae night I conceived my 1st child and my pic in the avatar is only 2 moths older than the one in my sig. I was still skinny then! But thanks! Now I'm bigger. I actually have a weightloss blog that has more up to date pics. If you get the chance you should stop by my blog. http://ourjourneythroughweightloss.blogspot.com/
Mommy to 2 angels
Noah 35w6d (6lbs 6oz)

Follow me on YouTube!

Life is not about trying to survive the storm... it's about learning to dance in the rain!

rachelrhin0
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sweets » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:24 pm

rachel - thanks for the info about the space for the program. Sounds like I might have to put the tv/dvd player in the basement for a bit extra room (small house). I could probably get away with the space I have where the tv is, but then again, I'd rather sweat where it's easier to clean up the floor than on the carpet :shock: .

Nice weight loss blog that you have. Ummmm..... scale reading is pretty good if you are already at 132. Wish I weighed that! Don't be hard on yourself about your weight. Lots of it is about being in shape and feeling good as opposed to the numbers on the scale. As for me, I must get back to working out much more regularly. I was doing so well and either doing a fitness class for an hour or at least 45minutes to an hour on the treadmill almost every single day. It's really important for me to build core strength to alleviate and injury and also just for strong frame. Need someone to kick my hiney into gear.
sweets
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rachelrhin0 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm

The numbers on the scae is not that big of a deal to me but I know the numbers have to go doen for me to be comfortable. Right now I just have extra body fat that I didn't have before. Mainly my butt thighs and love handle area.

you can do it. Can you get DH to work out with you? That's what helps me...having a partner.
Mommy to 2 angels
Noah 35w6d (6lbs 6oz)

Follow me on YouTube!

rachelrhin0
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sweets » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm

rachel - I do well working out on my own. Usually, I charge out of the office so I can get home and changed and right to the gym before anything else. I get off work early enough that I find if I can get there right before everyone else comes after work then it's easier to get a machine. I used to be athletic (multiple sports) so I manage to be able to commit and follow through, it's just that this issue with my back and neck has kept me on the low end of working out for a while. Long story, but working my way back into being much more active. I find it's a good stress reliever and I think twice before downing a snickers bar or something else yucky because I don't want to give up the 300 or 400 calories I've managed to burn off from the workout!! If that's not incentive, I don't know what is?
sweets
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Weight Loss and TTC