Jenny Craig and TTC

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Jenny Craig and TTC

Postby Baileysmom1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Okay I'm overweight and TTC. I need to lose weight and was hoping to do the Jenny Craig diet. Is that type of diet harmful for your chances of conceiving? I will, obviously, stop the diet once I find out I'm preggo, but is it dangerous to still be following the diet in the tww IF I am actually preggo but I'm just waiting to test??

I'm actually thinking of doing the NutriSystem diet, which is the same thing as Jenny Craig but there's no membership fee, and I wasn't sure if it's familiar in the US.

I'm waiting to hear thoughts before I order off the online NutriSystem menu......

Thanks!
Baileysmom1
Friend

Postby saracrabb » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm

I would talk to a doctor before starting diet programs. Watch out for diets that say low fat or low sugar, because chances are they use artificial sweeteners that are actually hugely terrible for you, and baby.
saracrabb
Friend

Postby Cacton1211 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 am

I will tell you that the food on Jenny Craig and NS is just horrible. Not only does it taste awful but it is loaded with preservatives, salt and artifical sweetners (huge no no.) What really helped me is when I started to really care about what I eat. I mean REALLY care. Now I eat all organic, hormone and antibiotic free. No diet soda, strictly water and juice and veggie juice. I get my dairy from yougurt as I don't like the taste of organic milk. Start by changing a few things, check out the South Beach diet a lot of women have had success with it and my RE recommended it. I think you are way better off preparing your own food, learning how to do it and knowing where it comes from then ingesting god knows what while you are TTC. Just my opinion though as it has worked for me :) Best of luck!!!!!!
Me (Courtenay) 35
DH-54 (yikes)
DS Logan 01-03-10 37w4d 6.5 21 inches
DD Stella 09-18-11 37w4d 7.13 21 inches
TTC since 09/07
IUI #4 April-Follistim/Trigger CD 15, E2 1399 day of trigger with 3-4 follies.
IUI CD17 BFP 9dpo
Number 2-au natural, our surprise birth control baby!
Image Image
Cacton1211
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Weight Loss and TTC