come Somer size with me

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

come Somer size with me

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi
My name is Connie And i wanted to share a true story with you all
it started in 2001 when I was 18 and my mom was 40 and we were very over weight and was getting concerned about our weight and getting angry inside as we could no longer fit in to our skinny clothes and we did not know how to lose the weight safely and affectivly No matter what we did we could not lose the weight. So one day my mother and I went down to the Public Library and looked through the weight loss section they had there and we started looking and we found a book called eat,cheat and melt away the fat By Suzanne Somers.we started right away and in three months we both lost 30 lbs. we strayed off the plan for a long time cause we had a lot happening in our life. it is now 2009 and my Mother and I Were able to get back on track. She started somersizing 2 weeks ago i Started somersizing Today the 20th of April 2009. I was trying a diet my husband was on and it did work a bit i lost 10 pounds on it but slowly and only in the tummy.Somersizing targets all area's of the body such as flabby arms, chest,tummy,waist,buttocks,and the thighs Basicly all the parts you want to lose weight in :). I am willing to teach anyone wanting to learn how to somersize and answer any Questions that you all may have. This plan is the safest Way to lose weight . so Check out the book called eat,cheat and melt away the fat by Suzanne Somers
visit www.somersize.com or www.suzannesomers.com for more information.
Last edited by prayingforbaby#1 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
prayingforbaby#1

hi

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Well I guess I am doing this alone :cry:
prayingforbaby#1

Postby Corvina » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Hun you so are not alone in this I would gladly try this one out with you if I had more info, is this a diet? (I looked at the website and all I found was diet...) or workout? If its a diet I dont know if I could do it, I've tried a great many diets and I cant stick with them as I wont eat veggies and they all require them. But i'll glady look over anything you throw my way and if its possible I will give it a shot so you dont have to go it alone :)
Me: 24 DH: 25
[color=#FF8000][*]Currently expecting Baby #1 due june 2nd 2015[/color]
TTC #1 Since May 2008*
Currently NOT TTC due to relationship and personal issues, as of Dec. 2013
Furbabies-Roseblack,5 the most vocal cat I know

Expecting baby #1 June 5,2015 after 5 years ttc and then not ttc the last year lol, totally unplanned and unexpected
Corvina
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby PinkOrchid » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm

You're definately not on the weightloss wagon alone hon, some of these sections on here aren't visited frequently(from what I've noticed).

Can you tell me more about this?

Ive been thinking of trying a "no carb" diet, I had great success on Atkins but I have love my fruit and it seems this "diet" you are talking about allows fruit? can you clarify the diet for me?

Thank u! and congratulations on your weightloss :)
Me:28 DH 32
DD: 4 years DOB Jan. 27th 2009.
Conceived DD after 2 years of TTC.
PinkOrchid

hi

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:32 am

it is hard to explain the way it works
the best way to know how somersizing is explained and works is by buying the book Called Eat,cheat and melt the fat away By Suzanne somers she explains how somersizing works.
Some of the things i can explain are listed below

Eliminate all funky foods

Sugars

Beets
Carrots
Corn syrup
Honey
Maple syrup
Molasses
Sugar (White sugar,brown and powdered sugar)

Starches

Bananas
Corn
Pasta made from Semolina or white flour
Popcorn
Potatoes
sweet Potatoes
white flour
white rice
winter squashes (acorn and butternut

Combo Proteins/fats and carbohydrates

Avocados
Buttermilk
Coconut
liver
low-fat or whole milk
nuts
Olives
Tofu

Caffeine and Alcohol

Alcoholic Beverages
Caffeinated Coffees, and sodas
Cocoa (including Unsweetened cocoa)

Seven easy steps to somersizing
1.Eat Fruit alone on an empty Stomach wait 20 minutes before eating Breakfast.
2.Eat Proteins/fats with veggies
3.Eat Carbos with veggies and no fat
4. Keep proteins /fats separate From Carbos
5. Wait three Hours between meals if Switching from a Pro/fats meal to a carobs meal or vice Versa.
7. Do not skip meals. Eat three meals a day,and eat until you are satisfied and comfortably full.

Let me know if you need more info

I found a website were you can get the book for real cheap
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
prayingforbaby#1

Postby PinkOrchid » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks, I ordered the book just after I posted along with 30 day shred! Go me loL.
PinkOrchid

hi

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:04 pm

What is 30 day shred?
Cause on the s9omersize plan you do not need it
prayingforbaby#1

Postby PinkOrchid » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Its a workout DVD from Jillian Micheals.
PinkOrchid

hi

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 am

PinkOrchid wrote:Its a workout DVD from Jillian Micheals.

Ok thought it was a pill lol excersize is good :)
prayingforbaby#1

Postby socialite_baby » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:30 pm

That sounds pretty simple! It's probably not though... It's a lot to think about while you're eating or preparing meals.

I think cutting out alcohol was what helped me the most. When I do drink I drink less now.
Lindsay (Mild Endo, thin PCOS, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
TTC #1 for 7.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally... *treatment break*
October 2015 - IVF #1. OHSS. Freeze all. 9 blasts on ice.
November 2015 - FET #1. BFN.
January 2016 - Holy *NATURAL* BFP!!! WTF?! First ultrasound 2/1/2016. Praying for a healthy sticky baby. <3
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

hi

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 am

actually Somersizing is not to hard to do it took my body a couple of weeks to get all the toxins From all that bad foods over the years out of my system after that two week span I started losing. I am now down to 229lbs :) and i use to be 240lbs :( Anyone trying the somersizeing I wish them the best of luck and Remember that If you need help somersizeing let me know and be sure to get the book That i listed above. Please do not hesitate to ask me any Questions Ect.
prayingforbaby#1

Postby Miles » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Can I join? Im not really ttc but not preventing. My youngest is 14 mos old and sadly I was very heavy with her. I got GD due to being big and was hoping to loose weight before I get pg again. Im in need of over 100lbs at this moment. I havent lost anything but 7lbs but the inches are melting away!
Miles

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Anyone can join
I started somersizing again I got side tracked and Now i am back on it
I was trying on some pants tonight mine and some of hubby's and I do not feet any except the blue pants i am wearing. God I am such a Beached whale I know i have the will power But hubby won't somersize with me so it is even harder. when he weighted him self a few days ago the scale said he is 260 lbs. I am 232.5 pounds. we got so careless with our weight I am not happen with it. I was trying on the pants cause I have my friends dad's services to go to but i can't ware any other pants except my blue ones that i ma almost outgrown. I have had enough of being over weight I am doing something about it I just hope hubby seems how we;; I am doing and decides to join me in somersizing
prayingforbaby#1

Postby prayingforbaby#1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am

How are you gals doing
I am not doing good I am 237 pounds :(
I have tried everything and have not lost weight
I am going to start back up on the somersizing
I so far have not lost weight on the somersizing as i have ate things I should not be eating with somersizing.
I Have to get off my lazy Bottom end and Excersize
Hubby doesn't excersize with me so it is tough not having anyone to excersize with. As soon as i find out whether or not the somersize is going to work for me again like it did in 2001. If I need to I will just do Breakfast and dinner everyday and see how that goes
prayingforbaby#1

Postby AAA » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:53 am

Praying I just started somersizing today a freind of mine has that same book so I ordered it and I finally got it off the book shelf and read it and now i am on the somersize mission. you and I should somersize together what do you think? I am 215 pounds and i want to be 175 at least. I read your story. I think that you making this thread is the best thing that has happened to me yet I am trying to lose weight before my df and I try for our First baby. I have tried most everything to lose weight and have not been successful. Together you and I can tackle this weight lose Issue best of luck and Keep me updated by either messages or on the thread here
AAA

Next

Return to Weight Loss and TTC