Losing weight while BF

Share diet plans, exercise routines, recipies, and find support.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Losing weight while BF

Postby rn2be » Mon May 04, 2009 9:58 am

Has anyone had any luck with trying to lose weight while BF? I know I shouldn't go crazy with it while BF, but I do want to start. Does anyone have any pointers for me? I have been thinking WW.

TIA!
*~Christine~*
rn2be
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kat5284 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Hey! Saw you hadn't had any replies... I know your post is a bit older but I thought I'd reply anyway.

I have a daughter who I exclusively breastfed (she is a toddler on solids now but still nursing once or twice a day). I had a c-section so I waited about two months before trying to lose weight but after that I dieted and worked out and lost all my baby weight even while breastfeeding. It was very difficult but I did it and I'm sure you can too! I had gained over 50 lbs with my pregnancy! With the diet, I just made sure I added a bit extra for the breastmilk (like an extra glass or milk or something like that). You don't need to add too much. I was hungry often because I was nursing my daughter so much but I just snacked on fruit and veggies etc. Goodluck!
kat5284
Friend

Postby stefanielynn » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:40 am

I just made sure to watch what I ate and tried to get out with the kiddo as much as I could. If I didn't eat or drink enough, my milk would really diminish, so I had to really watch that. Water is a GREAT thing, and having healthy snacks, a lot of fruit for me, when the hunger strikes is really helpful.

I lost a lot of the weight in my first 4 months of breastfeeding. After about 8 months when he was on solids more often, I started to gain because I was still eating like I was constantly nursing. So that was probably the hardest part for me--reducing my eating when I reduced the nursing.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/b7dd7
http://noblemommy.blogspot.com

Me: 28 Dh: 28
DS: August 9, 06 (TTC 28 months)
DD: March 27, 2011 (TTC 26 months)
Angel Baby "Gabriel Joseph" at 6 1/2 weeks
Dec 2011--NTNP while waiting for PPAF!
stefanielynn
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Weight Loss and TTC